1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 May '14 23:081 edit
    Nah, like I said, I was referring to my "children scorched to death" thread.

RJHinds posted in that thread.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 May '14 23:21
    Originally posted by 667joe
    The gods can either take away evil from the world and will not, or, being willing to do so cannot; or they neither can nor will, or lastly, they are able and willing.

“If they have the will to remove evil and cannot, then they are not omnipotent. If they can but will not, then they are not benevolent. If they are neither able nor willing, they are neit ...[text shortened]... o annihilate evil, why does it exist?”

—Greek philosopher Epicurus (341-270 B.C.E.), Aphorism
    Because "God moves in mysterious ways"

We cannot hope to understand him.

But we know he is good because .... er ... um .... oh yeh - god says so in the bible.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 May '14 00:084 edits
    You glory in a father torturing and killing his son and then you absurdly day it's a good thing. You sound like an evil person to me!
    You sound like you will twist into accusing convolutions anything explained to you.
    Twist and slander.

Forgiveness - twist and slander.
    Redemption - twist and slander.
    Justice - twist and slander.
    Love - twist and slander.
    Forebearance - twist and slander.
    Free will - twist and slander.
    Salvation - twist and slander.

The gangrene of rebellion is eating away like a leprosy infesting every logic with its disease. If you think this way now, I wonder how awfully you'll be thinking in a million years from now. You'll be eaten up by your revolt and become completely one with your lies.

So go ahead and lock the door of your heart against God. Throw away the key. It won't stop the New Jerusalem from coming into being. It is your choice.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 May '14 01:48
    Originally posted by sonship
    It is your choice.
    Thank you for that information.

May I point out that you have chosen to squander part of your limited
    life-span believing in supernatural fairy-tales? Please don't waste too much.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '14 02:191 edit
    The gangrene of rebellion is eating away like a leprosy infesting every logic with its disease. If you think this way now, I wonder how awfully you'll be thinking in a million years from now. You'll be eaten up by your revolt and become completely one with your lies.
    If someone said something similar to this to you, would you label it as "twist and slander"? If not, how would you label rhetoric like this if it were directed at you?
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    29 May '14 04:39
    You glory in a father torturing and killing his son and then you absurdly day it's a good thing. You sound like an evil person to me!
    Ah, the true nature of the Abrahamic religions revealed ! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 May '14 05:28
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Ah, the true nature of the Abrahamic religions revealed ! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    It sounds like Stockholm Syndrome. For some, not all Christians.
  8. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 May '14 05:55
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Nah, like I said, I was referring to my "children scorched to death" thread.

RJHinds posted in that thread.
    Oops, sorry, my bad.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 May '14 09:26
    You sound like you will twist into accusing convolutions anything explained to you.
    Twist and slander.

Forgiveness - twist and slander.
    Redemption - twist and slander.
    Justice - twist and slander.
    Love - twist and slander.
    Forebearance - twist and slander.
    Free will - twist and slander.
    Salvation - twist and slander.

The ga ...[text shortened]... hrow away the key. It won't stop the New Jerusalem from coming into being. It is your choice.
    Did god not have his son (who was also himself, apparently. It all makes sense in theist world) tortured and killed? While god could have achieved the goal he was after in a million different, kinder, more effective, more efficient ways?

Do you not consider that a good thing?

Do you not continue to love and worship said sad god, and indeed, glory in him?

Perhaps you could respond to Joe's argument a bit better? Perhaps actually point out where he has it all wrong?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '14 14:05
    So you are saying that god cannot eliminate sin. He sounds like he's not very potent. Refer back to the start of the thread.
    Oh, no, God CAN eliminate sin. The problem is that this requires such a fundamental change in man, since man now has this "sin-nature" embedded within him. Sin will be abolished once Satan and his lieutenants are bound up in the Lake of Fire at the end. But man must also undergo such a fundamental change in nature that only earthly death or the direct transformation of man by Christ (achieved at the moment He returns to earth and defeats Satan) will do the job.

That's why it hasn't been achieved yet. It's like it's only the second act in a five act play. There is much drama left ahead before we are ready.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '14 14:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    It seems that some people believe we are qualified in terms of our knowledge, to conclude that God is good, while at the same time they deny we are qualified in terms of knowledge to conclude that God is evil. But what we know and don't know is the same in both cases. It seems to me that in this situation, neither conclusion is justified.
    But we are only human, we are not God. If we posit that God is good, this is easy, since this does not elevate us above God. If we posit that God is evil, immediately this elevates us (in our own minds, at least) to a position higher than God. We have plenty of justification for one, but not the other.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '14 14:15
    Suzianne apparently feels that these children have sinned and deserve death.
    I beg of you not to put words in my mouth.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 May '14 14:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I beg of you not to put words in my mouth.
    Well, then I beg of you to be more clear about what you mean when you use sin as some sort of justification for this kind of death.

You can't be half-arsed in your explanations and then not expect people to draw the wrong conclusions.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '14 14:22
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Thank you for that information.

May I point out that you have chosen to squander part of your limited
    life-span believing in supernatural fairy-tales? Please don't waste too much.
    'Tis far better than squandering one's life on things not as important and losing one's own destiny. A life spent praising God and following Christ is a life well-spent indeed. Far better than spending it convincing others to forego the spiritual gift of life.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '14 14:29
    Well, then I beg of you to be more clear about what you mean when you use sin as some sort of justification for this kind of death.

You can't be half-arsed in your explanations and then not expect people to draw the wrong conclusions.
    Would any effort I put forth in clarification of what you could easily crack open a Bible and read for yourself have any effect at all? Probably not. You are quite erudite in your defense of not having a need to be saved.

I think I would be fully justified spending my time saving the savable. There are far more of them out there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree