1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 May '14 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Would any effort I put forth in clarification of what you could easily crack open a Bible and read for yourself have any effect at all? Probably not. You are quite erudite in your defense of not having a need to be saved.

I think I would be fully justified spending my time saving the savable. There are far more of them out there.
    The bible you say? That book full of metaphors and vague poems that's been translated over and over again, that book that contains the very rules of life yet get's interpreted by a thousand different theists in a thousand different ways.

Give me a break.

I'm not waiting for you to convert me.

I just want to know how people like you can use sin as a justification for the burning of those 31 children. Or any of the countless other horrors that happen to good people.

How can you love and worship such a being?

Because you don't know his reasons, but you just sort of assume he knows best?

It all reminds me of "Wir haben es nicht gewusst".

Oh, and saving the savable? Bollocks. The only reason why you would want to convert others is because the more people believe what you believe, the stronger your belief gets. You're selfish, hypocritical and amoral.

You're a theist.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 May '14 15:17
    But we are only human, we are not God. If we posit that God is good, this is easy, since this does not elevate us above God. If we posit that God is evil, immediately this elevates us (in our own minds, at least) to a position higher than God. We have plenty of justification for one, but not the other.
    You missed my point. I said, "It seems to me that in this situation, neither conclusion [God is good or God is evil] is justified."

I don't see how this conclusion elevates anyone to a position higher than God.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 May '14 23:06
    'Tis far better than squandering one's life on things not as important and losing one's own destiny. A life spent praising God and following Christ is a life well-spent indeed. Far better than spending it convincing others to forego the spiritual gift of life.
    I hope you are not insinuating that I spend any part of my life
    trying to convince others to "forego the spiritual gift of life."

I don't even know what that means!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree