1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 23:511 edit
    Surely, you've all noticed that members of the Holier-Than-Thou Alliance, a highly unstable partnership of born-agains and one fundamentalist Roman Catholic, have been giving each other rec's like Chic Tracks at Halloween.

As a result of this reckless behavior, the true value of the recommendation has been in sharp decline, prompting some to consider whether the HTT Alliance should be forced to start it's own recommendation union currency, the Amen. Only posts of members of the HTT Alliance could receive Amens, and only members of the Holy Alliance could spontaneously create them.

Now if a "True Christian" from the HTT Alliance wishes to display affirmation for a post written by a hell-bound heathen, they must convert an Amen into a Rec at market value. In a similar manner, non-cult members could convert Rec's into Amens to support the posts of those special few who really talk to God.

In this way, the HTT Alliance is free to exercise irresponsible expansionary recommendation policy without further diminishing the valule of our prized intellectual/comedic currency.
  2. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 00:28
    Originally posted by telerion
    Surely, you've all noticed that members of the Holier-Than-Thou Alliance, a highly unstable partnership of born-agains and one fundamentalist Roman Catholic, have been giving each other rec's like Chic Tracks at Halloween.

As a result is of this reckless behavior, the true value of the recommendation has been in sharp decline, prompting some to conside ...[text shortened]... ation policy without further diminishing the valule of our prized intellectual/comedic currency.
    Lol, your side losing recs to the christains? If you like a post rec it, and if you dont like it, dont worry about how many recs its gonna get,

I just thought of somthing, what do you think of the idea of 2 options, "rec", or somthing like "unrec" so you can see how many ppl hate the post, and how many like it,

BTW I dont rec a post unless Its a very good one, I have only done a couple
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 00:34
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Lol, your side losing recs to the christains? If you like a post rec it, and if you dont like it, dont worry about how many recs its gonna get,

I just thought of somthing, what do you think of the idea of 2 options, "rec", or somthing like "unrec" so you can see how many ppl hate the post, and how many like it,

BTW I dont rec a post unless Its a very good one, I have only done a couple
    A frugal spender!
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 01:09
    I for one rec posts deserving. Christian or not. Have you ever thought that perhaps some of the Christians are just as good debators as the non-Christians?
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 01:13
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I for one rec posts deserving. Christian or not. Have you ever thought that perhaps some of the Christians are just as good debators as the non-Christians?
    Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 01:16
    Jesus saves. Hallelujah! We are weak, but He is strong! Praise God.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 01:221 edit
    Rec Check....

Have not gotten one since the forum split.

P

8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 01:27
    As the recs in this forum are overwhelmingly partisan, perhaps posts in the "Spirituality" forum should have no rec option at all. It could be a recless (reckless) forum.
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 02:22
    Originally posted by rwingett
    As the recs in this forum are overwhelmingly partisan, perhaps posts in the "Spirituality" forum should have no rec option at all. It could be a recless (reckless) forum.
    Pure bigotry.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 02:31
    Pure bigotry.
    I meant for everyone, not just christian bigots.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 02:441 edit

It sounds like an instrument of persecution to me.

But no worries, I can take it. Like the Holy Scriptures of Atheism says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Science, for it is the power of Nothing to hedonism for everyone who lacks belief, for the Liberal first and also for the Neoconservative." (Romance 1:16)

Rob: Sorry to play into the atheist stereotype.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 02:51

As a result of this reckless behavior, the true value of the recommendation has been in sharp decline, prompting some to consider w ...[text shortened]... ation policy without further diminishing the valule of our prized intellectual/comedic currency.
    This is the first time I've seen "the God Squad" in this context. There was a "God Squad" in my fraternity...LOL. Man they were annoying when they started suppressing partying and stuff.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 03:031 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    This is the first time I've seen "the God Squad" in this context. There was a "God Squad" in my fraternity...LOL. Man they were annoying when they started suppressing partying and stuff.
    I was a God Squad kinda guy in high school. I have two big regrets. First, I was so sure I knew what the universe was for and where it was going that I didn't take full advantage of wonderful opportunities to learn about it in high school.

Second, I was a damn attractive lad and had plenty of good looking 15-17 girls asking me out. Unfortunately, I was so concerned with "remaining pure for Jesus" that I missed out on some wonderful learning experiences. An old, married guy like me can only imagine now . . .

14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 04:39
    Second, I was a damn attractive lad and had plenty of good looking 15-17 girls asking me out. Unfortunately, I was so concerned with "remaining pure for Jesus" that I missed out on some wonderful learning experiences. An old, married guy like me can only imagine now . . .
    LOL!
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 06:451 edit

As a result ...[text shortened]... iminishing the valule of our prized intellectual/comedic currency.
    Cry me a river; why not suggest a rule to forbid Christians from
    giving recs unless it is in the spiritual forum, only non-Christians
    can give recs outside of the spiritual forum.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree