God's country ?

God's country ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 May 19

@secondson said
Drink a beer
Creep into the forum
Drink a beer
Criticize
Drink a beer
Judge
Drink a beer
Condemn
Drink a beer

Repeat daily.
What about calling people you don’t like here “ashole”?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
Oh dear...
Oh my...

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
What about calling people you don’t like here “ashole”?
What about calling people you don't like here "asshat"?

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 19

Nobody get down in the mud.

Just get out of the mud.

No one needs this sort of content.

Ignore posters you do not like -- especially those who provide no other content.

F

Moves
21 May 19

@philokalia said

Just get out of the mud.

Ignore posters you do not like -- especially those who provide no other content.
During certain periods, up to 90% of your Spirituality Forum posts are addressed to me. Rather than 'ignoring posters you do not like', one would be forgiven for deducing, instead, that you are somewhat obsessed by them.

F

Moves
21 May 19

@secondson said
Israel is a country, isn't it?

It is stated over 300 times in the Bible that God is "the God of Israel".

Sounds to me as though Israel is God's country.
But the Jews rejected Jesus and see him as a fake and an imposter. The country of Israel characterizes itself as the Jewish state. When you say "Israel is God's country", which "God" are you talking about?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 19

@rajk999 said
From a bible standpoint there is no such thing as Gods country. If there is please quote it. There is reference to Gods people. These people remain Gods people regardless of the country in which they find themselves.
So I guess this was for me? If it was then you didn't read or understand my opening post very well did you? To clear it up for you it was a hypothetical question.
Does this help?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 19

@divegeester said
Ok as you are repeatedly insisting on an answer:

The first thing I’m sure of is that there would be no religious organisations claiming to be the sole holders of god’s truth while simultaneously covering up the reporting of child sex abuse, who bully their members through threats of ostracisation and who encourage the sacrificing of children through the withholding of blood transfusions in order to appease their god’s demands.
It's ashamed you wouldn't be there......

F

Moves
21 May 19

@galveston75 said
So I guess this was for me? If it was then you didn't read or understand my opening post very well did you? To clear it up for you it was a hypothetical question.
Does this help?
Just wanting to see the opinions here on God and country? In this country, the good ole USA, many believe this is God's country and he has blessed it above all others. I live in Texas and that opinion is even stronger here. Like to hear any thoughts on this.....

That was your opening post.

What was the "hypothetical question" in it?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 19

@philokalia said
God cannot actually have a country on Earth without His Direct Kingship or will involved -- so it seems, so it seems. I am sure, of course, an omnipotent God could orchestrate that if that was His Purpose with the world today... But it isn't.

I would say this, though... I am not a theologian... But:

- Spiritual growth remains in heaven; and so does free will.

- ...[text shortened]... have very robust laws for the protection of animals.

I hope that can inspire some conversation.
Pretty good stuff. At least it's a start from the way things are now. How about different religions? Would they be there? If not, why not?

E

Moves
21 May 19

@philokalia said

Just get out of the mud.

Face it man, this site is not about discussion. This site is all about non christians and their liberal christian friends shouting down and trying to force out any christian voice.

It is a litter box for anti-christians.

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
During certain periods, up to 90% of your Spirituality Forum posts are addressed to me. Rather than 'ignoring posters you do not like', one would be forgiven for deducing, instead, that you are somewhat obsessed by them.
That's right: I used to post a lot in that way and it proved to be entirely fruitless because no one actually becomes a better person through petty arguments.

I was mistaken to engage you so much because you behave in the exact same way that you did before in spite of my efforts to get you to admit that your obsessive drama posting & needling questions aren't productive.

S. Korea

Moves
21 May 19

@galveston75 said
Pretty good stuff. At least it's a start from the way things are now. How about different religions? Would they be there? If not, why not?
If God had made Himself clear, there'd be no one but Orthodox Christians. That's a much bigger debate and I do not want to get into some feud with other Christians here -- but I do believe all Trinitarian Chrisitans who are puttign forward a good effort at a relationship with God and in walking with God will be with God.

But even this I cannot know. It's just something I think to be true. But I have no final say in any of that.

F

Moves
21 May 19

@philokalia said
That's right: I used to post a lot in that way and it proved to be entirely fruitless because no one actually becomes a better person through petty arguments.

I was mistaken to engage you so much because you behave in the exact same way that you did before in spite of my efforts to get you to admit that your obsessive drama posting & needling questions aren't productive.
People should post as they see fit. That includes you.

E

Moves
21 May 19

@fmf said
People should post as they see fit. That includes you.
This site says yoir posting should be limited to not harrassing others.

Do not harass other members of the community.