1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 22:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you state that it is not a requirement that one belongs to a religious organisation, you will now state how the following are possible,

1. How is it possible to incite others to love and fine works if you are detached and independent of others (Hebrews 10:24, 25)

2. How could you comply with this admonition (Ephesians 4:2,3) if your worship w ...[text shortened]... orinthians 1:10) if God wanted people to worship him only as individuals apart from one another.
    - It would be more difficult I expect, but by no means impossible. Besides I don't know anyone who is detached. Assuming you mean detached from other Chrisitans. Independent in my case means independent of denomination, not other Chrisitians.

- Eph 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
    I don't know the answer to this question; Christians should not be detached from other Christians.

- 1 Cor 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
    God requires that we worship him in spirit and in truth. He says that where 2 or more of you are gathered together, there shall I be. This is good advice for any Chrisitan.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 22:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    - It would be more difficult I expect, but by no means impossible. Besides I don't know anyone who is detached. Assuming you mean detached from other Chrisitans. Independent in my case means independent of denomination, not other Chrisitians.

- Eph 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort ...[text shortened]... or more of you are gathered together, there shall I be. This is good advice for any Chrisitan.
    what's the point, opinion masquerades up and own the forum, believe what you want, i am past caring.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:02
    what's the point, opinion masquerades up and own the forum, believe what you want, i am past caring.
    I took time to answer your questions carefully and you just strop off. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:14
    We believe that the New Testament church is an organism rather than a worldly organization. After all, when Jesus said that He was the True Vine and His disciples were the branches, He as talking about a living organism.

Let me introduce some of you to the congregations of the local churches.

http://an-open-letter.org/
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 14:59
    You were past caring to begin with.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 19:33
    Originally posted by sonship
    We believe that the New Testament church is an [b]organism rather than a worldly organization. After all, when Jesus said that He was the True Vine and His disciples were the branches, He as talking about a living organism.

Let me introduce some of you to the congregations of the local churches.

http://an-open-letter.org/[/b]
    Point number 2:

•There is one God (Deut. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4b; Isa. 45:5a), who is triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (Matt. 28:19), co-existing (Matt. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 13:14) and coinhering (John 14:10-11) in three persons, or hypostases, distinct but never separate, from eternity to eternity;

Lol. 1 = 3 and 3 = 1. Great math.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 11:20
    Point number 2:

•There is one God (Deut. 6:4; 1 Cor. 8:4b; Isa. 45:5a), who is triune—the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (Matt. 28:19), co-existing (Matt. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 13:14) and coinhering (John 14:10-11) in three persons, or hypostases, distinct but never separate, from eternity to eternity;

Point Number 1 - What does the Bible say ?

It says that there is one God.

It says that the Father is God.
    It says that the Son is God.
    It says that the Holy Spirit is God.

It indicates that to those who receive Christ there is distinction but no separation between the three. And we who have received Christ can detect no difference between the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jun '13 15:10
    Originally posted by sonship
    Point number 2:

...[text shortened]... . And we who have received Christ can detect no difference between the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
    I wonder why you can't detect the differance between the three?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 06:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Good stuff Robbie.

Also the scriptures tell us to "not forsake the gathering of ourselves as most have the custom to do".

This has two points to it. First this is God telling us what to do and this is for our spiritual benifit. We need to be where we can be taught the Bible and even the more so as the "light get's brighter and brighter" with new ...[text shortened]... it cleary shows an organised effort has to be in affect for these scriptures to apply.
    Yes Robbie

Good copy and Paste 😉

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 06:50
    Sonship can't do math and you can't spell LOL

Manny
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 09:01
    Originally posted by menace71
    Sonship can't do math and you can't spell LOL

Manny
    and it seems you are unable to address the content, howl howl
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 18:33
    He said there was a distinction between the three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But since God is one and not separable into three gods or three supreme beings, then I think he is saying he sees no difference in referring to the Son as God, or the Father as God, or the Holy Spirit as God because the fullness of the Goodhead is available in each distinct person within the Godhead.

The Instructor
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 18:441 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He said there was a distinction between the three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But since God is one and not separable into three gods or three supreme beings, then I think he is saying he sees no difference in referring to the Son as God, or the Father as God, or the Holy Spirit as God because the fullness of the Goodhead is available in each distinct person within the Godhead.

The Instructor
    I know exactly what he meant. He can't see there is a differance as you can't either and I wonder why? What is blinding you and him?
    That is actually a rhetorical question in case you don't understand that....
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 23:51
    I know exactly what he meant. He can't see there is a differance as you can't either and I wonder why? What is blinding you and him?
    That is actually a rhetorical question in case you don't understand that....
    You don't have to wonder, because we told you that we believe God is a complex one and not a simple one as you attempt to make Him. We don't see the Son as a different god from the Father, or the Holy Spirit as the "active force" of the Father as you say. We see the persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit acting as one in fulfilling the purpose of salvation of God's creation. Each person in the Godhead is vital in achieving that goal.

Now he is not saying that he can't see that there is a difference in a father and a son, if that is what you are thinking. He has already stated that there is a distinction there.

The Instructor
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '13 23:572 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You don't have to wonder, because we told you that we believe God is a complex one and not a simple one as you attempt to make Him. We don't see the Son as a different god from the Father, or the Holy Spirit as the "active force" of the Father as you say. We see the persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit acting as one in fulfilling the purpose re thinking. He has already stated that there is a distinction there.

The Instructor
    Let him answer for himself if he can. Deal?

And your explination is from your mind only as nothing in the bible even hints to this weird explination you've come up with. It's just an excuse to try and make the trinity to make sense and guess what? It is one of the silliest theories besides evolution that MAN has brewed up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree