1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 02:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    and it seems you are unable to address the content, howl howl
    Your right no doubt.....Just reading along I guess I would be a troll 😉 It's just that it's the same ole stuff you know......back n forth and to be fair it's both sides of the argument

Manny
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 05:581 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He said there was a distinction between the three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But since God is one and not separable into three gods or three supreme beings, then I think he is saying he sees no difference in referring to the Son as God, or the Father as God, or the Holy Spirit as God because the fullness of the Goodhead is available in each distinct person within the Godhead.

The Instructor
    Oh I see it now, there are 3 persons separate and distinct in the godhead, but actually they are not separate and distinct they are one and the same and inseparable, but still just different enough somehow to be distinct and separate as a trinity. Makes sense.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 07:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Oh I see it now, there are 3 persons separate and distinct in the godhead, but actually they are not separate and distinct they are one and the same and inseparable, but still just different enough somehow to be distinct and separate as a trinity. Makes sense.
    It might make sense to you, but you got it wrong. I believe it is wrong to say "3 persons separate and distinct" for I don't believe he said they were separate, but only distinct. You must remember that the Son is in the Father and the Father is in the Son according to what Jesus said. It is a mystery to me, but that is what Jesus said.

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me

(John 14:11 NKJV)

The Instructor
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 12:491 edit
    It might make sense to you, but you got it wrong. I believe it is wrong to say "3 persons separate and distinct" for I don't believe he said they were separate, but only distinct. You must remember that the Son is in the Father and the Father is in the Son according to what Jesus said. It is a mystery to me, but that is what Jesus said.

[b]Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me

(John 14:11 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    The Jews who never believed at all in something like the trinity and the people who Jesus dealt with, would have a pretty good grasp on the wording that would have been used by Jesus.

John 14:11

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

11 Trust me, that I am (( united)) with the Father, and the Father ((united)) with me. But if you can’t, then trust because of the works themselves.

This scripture gives a clearer understanding of what Jesus was actually saying. In fact if the words "I am in my Father" and "my Father is in me" were truly there, it makes no sense with what he is saying here.
    Here is another sly attempt to bring the trinity into the bible where it does not belong.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 16:532 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Jews who never believed at all in something like the trinity and the people who Jesus dealt with, would have a pretty good grasp on the wording that would have been used by Jesus.

John 14:11

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

11 Trust me, that I am (( united)) with the Father, and the Father ((united)) with me. But if you can’t, then trust becaus
    Here is another sly attempt to bring the trinity into the bible where it does not belong.
    That sounds like the "Trinity" to me. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ((united)) as ONE God.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 18:43
    That sounds like the "Trinity" to me. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ((united)) as ONE God.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    So does their being united have a different meaning then when a man and women are united in marriage?
    Does it have a different meaning then when a sports team is united in their goals?
    Does it have a different meaning when a nation is united in some political movement?

It must as none of these meaning fit what you are describing.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 18:52
    So does their being united have a different meaning then when a man and women are united in marriage?
    Does it have a different meaning then when a sports team is united in their goals?
    Does it have a different meaning when a nation is united in some political movement?

It must as none of these meaning fit what you are describing.
    Yes, it is something like when a man and woman are united in marriage. But it is not exactlly like anything material and natural, because God is spirit and supernatural.

The Instructor
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 21:55
    Yes, it is something like when a man and woman are united in marriage. But it is not exactlly like anything material and natural, because God is spirit and supernatural.

The Instructor
    So yes you are right in this simply example but the problem gets really big when you claim that Jesus is Almighty God as well as the holy spirit and that humans have seen Almighty God. Lots of wrongs there.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 23:261 edit
    So yes you are right in this simply example but the problem gets really big when you claim that Jesus is Almighty God as well as the holy spirit and that humans have seen Almighty God. Lots of wrongs there.
    Well, when everything that is written is considered at one time, it looks to those, like me, that the belief in the Trinity Doctrine, which was agreed upon by a large council of bishops from the early church, is actually implied in the writings of scripture.

I know you have been taught by your organization that the Trinity Doctrine is from pagan sources and is a false teaching. However, from the time I was a small boy, I was taught that the Trinity Doctrine was the Churches best explanation for how the Father, the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost, and Jesus the Son of God can each be considered God and yet there still be only one true God. I have come to accept and believe it to be true.

The Christian church has always said it is a mystery of God, that is not fully understood or easy to explain. However, it is a central doctine of the Christian Church that is not likely to change, even though certain groups have departed from the main denominations over this issue.

So I believe it comes down to a matter of belief and faith. We are given free will to make that decision, so regardless of what the actual truth is, we can also choose to believe a lie. It is my belief that I have chosen the truth and you have chose a lie, but that is my opinion and is not written in stone by God.

The Instructor
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Jun '13 23:55
    Well, when everything that is written is considered at one time, it looks to those, like me, that the belief in the Trinity Doctrine, which was agreed upon by a large council of bishops from the early church, is actually implied in the writings of scripture.

I know you have been taught by your organization that the Trinity Doctrine is from pagan sources a ...[text shortened]... u have chose a lie, but that is my opinion and is not written in stone by God.

The Instructor
    But your belief and faith have to be truthful 100%. But so be it. Have a good weekend.....
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 04:49
    But your belief and faith have to be truthful 100%. But so be it. Have a good weekend.....
    Why must my belief and faith have to be truthful 100% when yours don't? May you have a good weekend too.

The Instructor
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 16:49
    Why must my belief and faith have to be truthful 100% when yours don't? May you have a good weekend too.

The Instructor
    Mine don't according to YOUR ideals. Just because RJ doesn't agree doesn't mean we are wrong unless God has told you so. Has he? If so how did that conversation go? I'd really like to know...
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 06:211 edit
    Mine don't according to YOUR ideals. Just because RJ doesn't agree doesn't mean we are wrong unless God has told you so. Has he? If so how did that conversation go? I'd really like to know...
    God has told all of us so through the words of the Holy Bible and the common sense that He has given us. You just don't use your common sense.

The Instructor
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 15:01
    God has told all of us so through the words of the Holy Bible and the common sense that He has given us. You just don't use your common sense.

The Instructor
    Lol...That is awesome coming from you. This is the best ever dude!!!! Made my day.. 🙂
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 19:40
    Lol...That is awesome coming from you. This is the best ever dude!!!! Made my day.. 🙂
    Well, I just hope you start using your common sense instead of depending on the Watchtower for your propaganda.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree