1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 05:10
    O.S.A.S. is true. Judas was never elected by God.

Matthew 15:21-28

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 05:34
    Originally posted by @rbhill

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not an ...[text shortened]... man, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
    God's sovereign choice is correct, but will there be those who think they are saved but really are not?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 05:42
    Originally posted by @eladar
    God's sovereign choice is correct, but will there be those who think they are saved but really are not?
    Yes Jesus even says those who say Lord Lord will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 05:49
    Yes Jesus even says those who say Lord Lord will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
    How are we to know if we are not one of those who will be rejected even if we don't think we will be.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 06:12
    How are we to know if we are not one of those who will be rejected even if we don't think we will be.
    God's word does talk about that we could truly know.

There will always be sheep and goat in the same place of worship.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 06:20
    God's word does talk about that we could truly know.

There will always be sheep and goat in the same place of worship.
    I do agree that the elect exist, I just don't think they know who they are.

But when you throw around once saved always saved without actually knowing who is saved seems a bit meaningless.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 06:50

But when you throw around once saved always saved without actually knowing who is saved seems a bit meaningless.
    How about once elect always elect?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 06:56
    How about once elect always elect?
    Sure
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 09:03

23 Jesus did not an ...[text shortened]... man, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
    What great timing.

I would like to remind everyone that Tyre and Sidon are on the Mediterranean coast, south of Beirut in what is now Lebanon. I would also remind you of divegeester's thread about the DNA of Canaanites found in the DNA of modern-day Lebanese. Again, I said in another thread that all of this should come as no surprise. Here is an actual example of a Canaanite woman from the region of Tyre and Sidon. Now this is while Jesus was alive and so was an easy 1300 years from the Hebrews showing up in Canaan and displacing the Canaanites. Plenty of time for a people to settle in another location away from their aggressors.

And people say the Bible is a bunch of hokum.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 09:09
    Gluttons for example?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 09:10

Rajk999 will be along shortly to slap your chops.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 09:40
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Rajk999 will be along shortly to slap your chops.
    As well as he should, maybe.

OSAS is not even what this passage is about.

Mostly this passage comes up on Mother's Day as a testimony to the tenacity of a mother trying to help her child.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 09:50

I'm sorry, but has Judas to do with this passage?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 10:026 edits

Why do you think that, those saved don't know? The best part of being a Christian is God.

1 John 4:13 New International Version (NIV)
    13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit.

I like what Keith Green used to say, you better know now, not just be hoping.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Aug '17 11:02
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    What great timing.

I would like to remind everyone that Tyre and Sidon are on the Mediterranean coast, south of Beirut in what is now Lebanon. I would also remind you of divegeester's thread about the DNA of Canaanites found in the DNA of modern-day Lebanese. Again, I said in another thread that all of this should come as no surprise. Here is an actu ...[text shortened]... in another location away from their aggressors.

And people say the Bible is a bunch of hokum.
    My parents have been friends with Lebanese people for about 35 years. Awesome people and the music and food is good as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree