1. Germany
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 16:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have said nothing of the sort. What I have actually said is that they are no longer binding in practice but remain in principle. I even illustrated the concept and demonstrated how that is possible, citing some tenets of the ten commandments and demonstrating how in principle they also transgress the law of Christ.
    Not binding in practice but remain in principle? What does that even mean? Should we follow OT laws or not?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not binding in practice but remain in principle? What does that even mean? Should we follow OT laws or not?
    In principle. It means there is a difference between a principle and a law.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 19:40
    He means to follow the principle of doing good to others. Don't murder, don't bear false witness, do not commit adultry. But the exact punishment for not doing good is another matter that will depend on grace.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 19:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He means to follow the principle of doing good to others. Don't murder, don't bear false witness, do not commit adultry. But the exact punishment for not doing good is another matter that will depend on grace.
    YouTube
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 19:50
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36g3auOm9HA
    This apparently is the Secular Humanists point of view and not one that any reasonable person should put any faith in as being correct. It is a corruption of truth and thus a lie. 😏
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 19:54
    This apparently is the Secular Humanists point of view and not one that any reasonable person should put any faith in as being correct. It is a corruption of truth and thus a lie. 😏
    Atheist point of view. You might know that if you actually watched it.

The Damn Commandments

YouTube
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 20:04
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Atheist point of view. You might know that if you actually watched it.

The Damn Commandments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0
    You are more ignorant than I thought. Secular Humanists and Atheists are basically the same. 😏
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 20:541 edit
    No that's not what I meant at all. I never mentioned punishment.

Agreeing to something in principal means accepting the essence of the idea although there is no necessity to accept it in actual practice. You might agree that alternative energy sources are needed in principle but object when the local authority plans to build a wind turbine on your front lawn.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 22:27
    No that's not what I meant at all. I never mentioned punishment.

Agreeing to something in principal means accepting the essence of the idea although there is no necessity to accept it in actual practice. You might agree that alternative energy sources are needed in principle but object when the local authority plans to build a wind turbine on your front lawn.
    Well, then, do you agree with the punishment or not?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 22:32
    Well, then, do you agree with the punishment or not?
    I have not mentioned punishment and have no idea why you are introducing it? I suspect its because its simply easier to think of things in moral terms of right and wrong.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 22:55
    I have not mentioned punishment and have no idea why you are introducing it? I suspect its because its simply easier to think of things in moral terms of right and wrong.
    I may be wrong, but I though KazetNagorra asks his question to you in order to clarify your stance on the OT Law with its punishment. Yet, you make no attempt to clarify what punishment you agree or disagree with nor do you provide an alternate solution.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 06:49
    In principle. It means there is a difference between a principle and a law.
    Consider Deut 20:10-15. What's the take-home "principle" Jesus wants us to learn from this wise law?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 09:311 edit
    I may be wrong, but I though KazetNagorra asks his question to you in order to clarify your stance on the OT Law with its punishment. Yet, you make no attempt to clarify what punishment you agree or disagree with nor do you provide an alternate solution.
    First of all he did not ask me about punishment, he asked me about Matthew chapter 5. I am not interested in proffering my opinion of what constitutes a right and a wrong nor in providing any alternative solutions, it was merely sufficient to demonstrate that its possible to hold a value in principle but object to it in practice.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 09:354 edits
    Consider Deut 20:10-15. What's the take-home "principle" Jesus wants us to learn from this wise law?
    http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/20-10.htm

Christians are engaged in a spiritual warfare (The Bible is quite clear on this) when we are declaring abroad the excellencies of the one who brought us out of darkness into his wonderful light, we first say to the household, have peace. If they accept the peace they may become slaves of the Christ even as we are slaves, if not, then they remain enemies of God and may see retribution at the hands of God.

This is rather interesting for Christ himself states that the good news is like a sword which divides people. I mention this because the perception among nominal Christians is that Christianity is all inclusive, which is Biblically a nonsense, in fact its entirely exclusive and only for those who are willing to become 'slaves', of the Christ.

http://biblehub.com/luke/10-5.htm

I don't understand why you cannot do your own research and suspect that you are merely trying to be contentious (although hopefully I am wrong), which is a great pity for I thought that the discussion was rather fruitful up until this point.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 11:56
    http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/20-10.htm

Christians are engaged in a spiritual warfare (The Bible is quite clear on this) when we are declaring abroad the excellencies of the one who brought us out of darkness into his wonderful light, we first say to the household, have peace. If they accept the peace they may become slaves of the Christ even a ...[text shortened]... which is a great pity for I thought that the discussion was rather fruitful up until this point.
    Yet another 'Christian' who doesn't do other Christians any favors with his bizarro notions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree