1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jan '12 23:38
    No one has answered this so here it is which is another trinity killer.

If God Jehovah and his son Jesus were the same ( All knowing, all equal, all powerful, etc, etc ) in all things as the trinity teaches, then the will of all 3 should also be the same according to the trinity theme.
    First the Holy Spirit is never said to have this "will" as Jehovah and Jesus are said to have but that's another point.

When Jesus was praying to his Father Jehovah before his death he mentioned his will and his Fathers will at:

Matthew 26:39
    English Standard Version (ESV)

39 And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”

What was Jesus's will at this moment and what was the will of his Father?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:09
    Jesus was obedient unto death Phil 2:8 Heb 5:8

I and the Father are ONE John 10:30

Whatever I speak is just as the Father tells me to speak John 12:50

Jesus was the one and only God Jehovah in human form, wrapped in a veil of flesh. That flesh was humanity and that humanity although sinless would not have wanted to die.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Jesus was obedient unto death Phil 2:8 Heb 5:8

[b]I and the Father are ONE John 10:30

Whatever I speak is just as the Father tells me to speak John 12:50

Jesus was the one and only God Jehovah in human form, wrapped in a veil of flesh. That flesh was humanity and that humanity although sinless would not have wanted to die.[/b]
    You're not aware you just contradicted the trinity with all these scriptures, especially with John 15:20?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:162 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You're not aware you just contradicted the trinity with all these scriptures, especially with John 15:20?
    As I've told you many many times before Galv, I am NOT a trinitarian.

(PS John 12:50 not 15:20)
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:16

If God Jehovah and his son Jesus were the same ( All knowing, all equal, all powerful, etc, etc ) in all things as the trinity teaches, then the will of all 3 should also be the same according to the trinity theme.
    First the Holy Spirit is never said to have this "will" as Jeh ...[text shortened]... as you will.”

"What was Jesus's will at this moment and what was the will of his Father?"

One and the same.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:25
    As I've told you many many times before Galv, I am NOT a trinitarian.

(PS John 12:50 not 15:20)
    Then what do you believe?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"What was Jesus's will at this moment and what was the will of his Father?"

One and the same.[/b]
    Not at that time. Again Jesus said: "not as I will, but as you will"
    Jesus said "not my will", what was his will?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:33
    Then what do you believe?
    I discussed this with you in countless threads on the nature of the Godhead and the deity of Christ, why is it you still don't know?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:45
    Not at that time. Again Jesus said: "not as I will, but as you will"
    Jesus said "not my will", what was his will?
    When Jesus said "...not my will, but thine, be done", he was in essence making the will of His Father his own.

You do not understand the Godhead galveston. You really don't. I know you don't want to believe that, but it's true.

The Godhead is three persons in one. One God. God has revealed Himself in the scriptures as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:56
    When Jesus said "...not my will, but thine, be done", he was in essence making the will of His Father his own.

You do not understand the Godhead galveston. You really don't. I know you don't want to believe that, but it's true.

The Godhead is three persons in one. One God. God has revealed Himself in the scriptures as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
    Three separate and distinct persons is paganism my friend. The Lord is one.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:57

Yes you are right, I don't understand it as it's not the truth. So nothing to understand.
    Jesus was a man and knew he was going to die a horrible death. He would if even for a brief time would have had doubts and even some fear of what he knew was going to happen to him.
    Do you not think he would have had a natural fear that we all would have?
    Also Jesus did for 40 days fast and pray to his Father for strength, not himself but his Father and his Father even had the angels minister to him for strength.
    He was not God but a physically perfect human being that would have felt fear and needed the help from his Father to keep his strength up and to remember his Father's will, not the will that he felt at that time of being a human.....
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 00:57
    Three separate and distinct persons is paganism my friend. The Lord is one.
    You got it. Sorry to get that wrong...
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 02:51

no, in essence, that's just another proof that the trinity doesn't exist. jesus is confirming that he has a separate will (ergo he is not the god), but he trusts the father enough to surrender to his will.

many servants confess to their masters, "thy will be done." it does not mean they and their master are one and the same being.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 03:15
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    no, in essence, that's just another proof that the trinity doesn't exist. jesus is confirming that he has a separate will (ergo he is not the god), but he trusts the father enough to surrender to his will.

many servants confess to their masters, "thy will be done." it does not mean they and their master are one and the same being.
    🙂
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jan '12 06:30

First the Holy Spirit is never said to have this "will" as Jeh ...[text shortened]... as you will.”

Let me first correct one point in your post. You said:

First the Holy Spirit is never said to have this "will" as Jehovah
    and Jesus are said to have but that's another point.

Maybe you should reread the Holy Bible if you have ever read it in
    the first place for there are several places that indicates that
    the Holy Spitit has a mind and will. The following is an example:

Paul says of the Holy Spirit in his first letter to the Corinthians,

But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to
    each one individually as He wills. (1 Corinthians 12:11)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree