1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 04:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'm sure I didn't miss it as it's kind of an important thought. I'f you can get those to me again I'd appreciate it.
    How about this one:

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession.
    And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and
    brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said,
    “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep
    back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not
    your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have
    you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

(Acts 5:1-4 NKJV)
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 09:304 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible identifies these there personalities as having their own wills
    and that they have emotions and the mind of God. They all have qualities
    of persons. So the conclusion is there must be three persons in one God.
    The Holy Bible states there are mysteries that we do not fully understand,
    like the mystery of God and the mystery of Christ. The ...[text shortened]... s mystery we must except all that the Holy Bible says about
    God and Christ and the Holy Spirit.
    The Bible does no such thing - you not the Bible, are identifying 3 personalities; erroneously drawing conclusions from separate peices of text which do not support your premise. What are "qualities of persons" by the way...??

The mystery(ies) you are referring to relate to how ONE God reconcilled himself to the world through Christ and how Christ is now in us. It is not about a mystery that ONE jealous God can become 3 separate people - that is paganism RJ.

Here's a scripture that I post for the JWs also:

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Tim. 3:16).

John 10:30, Jesus said "I and my Father are one."

Hear oh Israel the LORD our God is ONE [/b] Deut.

All through the OT God tells us over an over again that he is ONE. And that he is a jealous God and will not give his glory to another.

Read 1Tim 3:16 above carefully. That is Jesus.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 11:321 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The Bible does no such thing - you not the Bible, are identifying 3 personalities; erroneously drawing conclusions from separate peices of text which do not support your premise. What are "qualities of persons" by the way...??

The mystery(ies) you are referring to relate to how ONE God reconcilled himself to the world through Christ and how Chr and will not give his glory to another.

Read 1Tim 3:16 above carefully. That is Jesus.

It seems to me here, as before, your caution is to avoid what is called "tritheism" or three Gods.

There is no systematic presentation of three personalities. But there is a indentifying of three __________.

It is not a systematic treatise in the Bible. But it is a revelation. That is a disclosure of three __________. And I do not know what to write in the blank.

But God the Father, the Son - "O God" (Heb 1:8), and the Holy Spirit as the God man should not lie to, are three ____________.

I could borrow briefly the word Persons. But I dare not stress it or press three Persons too far. Human language is just a limitation here. There are three _______ who are God. It is not systematically laid out. But it is revealed.

If Jesus said "We will come to him and make an abode with him" (John 14:23) then He and the Father, as the Divine "WE" are two ________.

I do not know what to write in the blank. Human language simply fails me. But "WE" is two ____________.

And the "eternal Spirit" (Hebrews 9:11) is the One by whom He and the divine "WE" are able to make and abode with the Christians. That is three ___________ somethings - three living and divine somethings.

So a proper presentation of the Trinity, I think, is simply that truth that the Bible revels the one God as three somethings which human language seems unable to precisely define.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jan '12 15:56
    How about this one:

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession.
    And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and
    brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said,
    “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep
    back part of the price of the ...[text shortened]... conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

(Acts 5:1-4 NKJV)
    Yes lying to God's spirit or active force is lying to Jehovah God. The Holy Spirit is always referred to belonging to God, Jehovah. The Holy Spirit is never said to belong to Jesus.
    This scripture you are showing here does not say the Holy Spirit is God but is clearly saying if you lie to the Holy Spirit, you are lying to God.
    If one lies to a judge in a court, you are in affect lying to the president or king of that country as he has the finale authority of that country to enforce the laws of that land.

WHAT is God’s holy spirit?

In its opening words, the Bible speaks of the holy spirit—also rendered “God’s active force”—as “moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.” (Genesis 1:2) In the account of Jesus’ baptism, while God is described as being in “the heavens,” the holy spirit appears “descending like a dove” upon Jesus. (Matthew 3:16, 17) Additionally, Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper.”—John 14:16.

These and other Bible passages have led some to conclude that the holy spirit is a person, just as God, Jesus, and the angels are individual spirit persons. In fact, for centuries some of the most influential religions of Christendom have attributed personality to the holy spirit. Despite this long-standing doctrine, many church members remain confused, and some even disagree with their religious leaders. For instance, according to a recent survey, 61 percent of those interviewed believe that God’s spirit is “a symbol of God’s presence or power but is not a living entity.”

What, though, does the Bible say?
    An honest Bible reader cannot help but conclude that the holy spirit differs from official church descriptions of it as a person. Consider the following Bible accounts.

1. When Mary, the mother of Jesus, visited her cousin Elizabeth, the Bible says that the unborn child in Elizabeth’s womb leaped, “and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit.” (Luke 1:41) Is it reasonable that a person would be “filled” with another person?

2. When John the Baptizer spoke to his disciples about Jesus as the one who would succeed him, John said: “I, for my part, baptize you with water . . . , but the one coming after me is stronger than I am, whose sandals I am not fit to take off. That one will baptize you people with holy spirit.” (Matthew 3:11) John could hardly have been referring to the holy spirit as a person when he spoke of baptizing people with it.

3. While visiting a Roman army officer and his family, the apostle Peter spoke of Jesus as having been anointed by God “with holy spirit and power.” (Acts 10:38) Shortly afterward, “the holy spirit fell upon” the army officer’s household. The account says that many were amazed “because the free gift of the holy spirit was being poured out also upon people of the nations.” (Acts 10:44, 45) Here again, the terms used are inconsistent with the idea of the holy spirit being a person.
    It is not unusual for God’s Word to personify things that are not a person. These include wisdom, discernment, sin, death, and undeserved kindness. (Proverbs 8:1–9:6; Romans 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12) Jesus himself said that “wisdom is proved righteous by all its children,” or its good results. (Luke 7:35) Clearly, wisdom is not a person that has literal children! Likewise, the holy spirit is not a person simply because in some instances it is personified.

In the Bible, God’s holy spirit is identified as God’s power in action. Hence, an accurate translation of the Bible’s Hebrew text refers to God’s spirit as “God’s active force.” (Genesis 1:2) This concept is well supported throughout the Bible.—Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35; Acts 10:38.

Awake 7/06
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 01:28
    Originally posted by jaywill

It seems to me here, as before, your caution is to avoid what is called "tritheism" or three Gods.

T ...[text shortened]... e God as three somethings which human language seems unable to precisely define.
    How many saviours do you have?

How many God's do you have?

How many LORDS do you have?

Answer any one of these with 3 and I'll listen to your other arguments.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 05:24
    Yes lying to God's spirit or active force is lying to Jehovah God. The Holy Spirit is always referred to belonging to God, Jehovah. The Holy Spirit is never said to belong to Jesus.
    This scripture you are showing here does not say the Holy Spirit is God but is clearly saying if you lie to the Holy Spirit, you are lying to God.
    If one lies to a judge ...[text shortened]... ncept is well supported throughout the Bible.—Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35; Acts 10:38.

Awake 7/06
    How can won lie to a force? One can not lie to the force of gravity.
    One can only lie to a person.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 21:56
    How can won lie to a force? One can not lie to the force of gravity.
    One can only lie to a person.
    Sorry but your wrong.... Jehovah's will is at work around us constantly. It's his will or force that keeps the universe in constant motion and all life as we know, going.
    Jehovah is not at all places at all times as some believe but he uses his force or will or strength to accomplish all he wants done all throught the universe.
    It's been likened to electricity and the affect that it has over long distances and areas.
    One can flip a single switch many miles away from a light but once that electricity has been set in motion by a person many miles away one can see the results from the action of that human.
    In Genesis god's spirit is said to have gone to and fro over the surface of the earth while it was being created. We agree that Jesus had a part of this creation but the Holy Spirit in the sense of a 3rd person in this godhead that you believe was never said to be a part of this. But here in Genesis it said that god used his spirit to do this. So this would cleary show God was involved but using his power or will to create the earth. The Bible never says that God was down here on this planet or that Jesus was down here during the creation. But God's will or spirit was.
    We also know the bible has used the term "god's hand" many times. But we know he is a spirit and has no literal hands. So when it says his "hand" was used to do something, it is his will or spirit that he used just as when creating the earth and universe.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 22:51
    Sorry but your wrong.... Jehovah's will is at work around us constantly. It's his will or force that keeps the universe in constant motion and all life as we know, going.
    Jehovah is not at all places at all times as some believe but he uses his force or will or strength to accomplish all he wants done all throught the universe.
    It's been likened to e ...[text shortened]... g, it is his will or spirit that he used just as when creating the earth and universe.
    Whatever. 😀
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 23:39
    Whatever. 😀
    What a surprising responce...Lol

Ok answer this for me?

When Mary, the mother of Jesus, visited her cousin Elizabeth, the Bible says that the unborn child in Elizabeth’s womb leaped, “and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit.” (Luke 1:41) How can a person would be “filled” with another being?

Dod God or the Holy Spirit God as you believe, fill up Mary?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 03:32
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Galveston, perhaps you think that because you wrote a few questions that I or someone else has not answered yet, this proves some Watchtower case for you. But over the last 18 months (at least) there have been [b]many, many issues which I feel you completely ignored and did not address.

As many points that you have evaded, don't think your few unans ...[text shortened]...
    Too much of this we have been through before. I only answer you for the sake of new posters.[/b]
    You've taught me
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 03:39
    Whatever. 😀
    I find that a very very poor response to Galvestons post. Just awful. And then the hide to put a smiley after it. That could be interpretted a few ways.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 18:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I find that a very very poor response to Galvestons post. Just awful. And then the hide to put a smiley after it. That could be interpretted a few ways.
    Thanks for your comment. I'm sure I've been guilty of that too.....
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 21:56
    What a surprising responce...Lol

Ok answer this for me?

When Mary, the mother of Jesus, visited her cousin Elizabeth, the Bible says that the unborn child in Elizabeth’s womb leaped, “and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit.” (Luke 1:41) How can a person would be “filled” with another being?

Dod God or the Holy Spirit God as you believe, fill up Mary?
    You don't understand. The person of the Holy Spirit is not bound by a
    body like you are. He is a different sort of person. Have you ever
    gotten out of your human body? 😏
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jan '12 22:15
    You don't understand. The person of the Holy Spirit is not bound by a
    body like you are. He is a different sort of person. Have you ever
    gotten out of your human body? 😏
    So exactly what kind of person do you think he is and no I have never been out of my body. Have you been out of yours?????? I can't wait for this answer.....
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '12 02:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You've taught me
    Praise the Lord if you learned something. Great.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree