1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 14:04
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You believe that Eladar calling just about every Christian here, apart from RBHILL, "a child of Satan" is a very "isolated" occurrence?
    I think so.

All fallen mankind is infested with the poison of the Satanic nature.
    I am poisoned with this Satanic nature of sin.

The Gospel is that there is a way OUT.
    There is a salvation and a transformation.

That is what I would emphasize.
    For whatever we need, WHATEVER we need, is in Christ.

This thread was called Good Christians to Follow.
    Why do some of you want to morph it into "Sonship now cleans up after all the bad stuff Christians did here."

How about some of us focus on good spiritual habits to pick up more than cleaning up every Christian's poop here ?

Some of you seem to want to walk into this subject backwards.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 14:081 edit
    Reader, my advice:

1.) Focus firstly and always on Jesus Christ Himself.

2.) Ask God to lead you to examples of believers who will encourage your faith rather than discourage your faith.

3.) See #1 again.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 14:12
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Why would you even care what a 'good Christian to follow is' if you have no plans of following one? Besides if you were a Christian for quite a few decades you would have a pretty good idea what 'a good Christian to follow' needs to be like wouldn't you?
    It's an interesting topic. I personally think Eladar is a loathsome buffoon who brings a kind of peerless inarticulate odiousness to the community and, in a way, brings this little cranny on the underbelly of Christendom into disrepute. The interesting issue is how, with sonship, the poster who took it upon himself to be a preacher on this issue, leaves us with the possibility that he thinks that Eladar is a good Christian to follow.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 14:13
    It's an interesting topic. I personally think Eladar is a loathsome buffoon who brings a kind of peerless inarticulate odiousness to the community and, in a way, brings this little cranny on the underbelly of Christendom into disrepute. The interesting issue is how, with sonship, the poster who took it upon himself to be a preacher on this issue, leaves us with the possibility that he thinks that Eladar is a good Christian to follow.
    If you don't think he is a good Christian to follow why don't you just come out and say it?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Reader, my advice:

1.) Focus firstly and always on Jesus Christ Himself.

2.) Ask God to lead you to examples of believers who will encourage your faith rather than discourage your faith.

3.) See #1 again.
    Do you think god has led anyone here to Eladar as an example of a believer who will encourage their faith rather than discourage it?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 14:19
    If you don't think he is a good Christian to follow why don't you just come out and say it?
    Why do you think my utter contempt for Eladar as a Christian is any mystery? I have posted to say so countless times over many years. What is interesting to me is sonship's talk-the-talk paralysis.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 14:51
    Why do you think my utter contempt for Eladar as a Christian is any mystery? I have posted to say so countless times over many years. What is interesting to me is sonship's talk-the-talk paralysis.
    Why does anyone think your utter contempt for any Christian is a mystery?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 15:05
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Why does anyone think your utter contempt for any Christian is a mystery?
    I have lived among Christians all my life and still do. Happily. The Christians that I know for whom I have utter contempt are very few and far between.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 18:47
    The choice is yours. But there are two extremes here.
    You can be too much in following other Christians with NO personal touch with God yourself. The other extreme is to be so individualistic that you are isolated.

I seek proper balance.
    A bird cannot fly with only one wing.

If in the past you were burnt by following the examples of others, maybe yo ...[text shortened]... are devoid of your own intimate and personal touch with the Spirit of God.

Is this clear ?
    Fellowship is not following.

Your ability to conflate meanings to suit your own agenda is extrodinary.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 18:492 edits
    Its a good question. (Grumble).
    Not that I get something wrong ...but that I speak of a mystical like realm.
    Yes, you got it wrong.

God forbid your vanity would ever let you admit it!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 18:51
    I may start a new thread on [b]Have You Found Your Human Spirit?[/b]
    Please...enthral us with more of your musings 🙄
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:14
    Why then do you seem to want Sonships approval on the matter ?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:18
    Why then do you seem to want Sonships approval on the matter ?
    Sonship is his kind of Christian and can't imagine him not being as outraged as he is.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Sonship is his kind of Christian and can't imagine him not being as outraged as he is.
    No I don't think FMF fancies any kind of Christian at the moment.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 21:54
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Please...enthral us with more of your musings 🙄
    More universal derision ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree