1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 22:05
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Why then do you seem to want Sonships approval on the matter ?
    I don't want sonship's "approval". The reasons behind my contributions to this thread are exactly as I have stated them. It's as if you haven't read any of my posts.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 00:376 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Fellowship is not following.

Your ability to conflate meanings to suit your own agenda is extrodinary.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fellowship&oq=fellowship&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i61.15136j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

fel·low·ship
    ˈfelōˌSHip/
    noun
    friendly association, especially with people who share one's interests.
    "they valued fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community"
    synonyms: companionship, companionability, sociability, comradeship, camaraderie, friendship, mutual support;
    More

Does ""sharing interests" with someone or others involve some amount of following ?
    Does companionship involve some amount of following ?

Do "mutual support, camaraderie" and "comradeship" involve some amount of following one another ?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 00:471 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Does "sharing interests" with someone or others involve some amount of following ?
    Does companionship involves some amount of following ?

Does "mutual support camaraderie" and comradeship involve some amount of following one another ?
    Possibly yes, possibly no. The word "follow" does the job if necessary if following is what you want to talk about. Fellowship can and does happen in situations where people are not following each other at all. There is no need to project "some amount of" meaning of different words onto the word "fellowship". It's just rhetorical sleight of hand. They are not synonyms. It's like you asking... 'Do not the words "eternal torture" involve some amount of boundless love, perfect justice, and ultimate morality?' ...in support of your torturer god ideology.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Possibly yes, possibly no. The word "follow" does the job if necessary if following is what you want to talk about. Fellowship can and does happen in situations where people are not following each other at all. There is no need to project "some amount of" meaning of different words onto the word "fellowship". It's just rhetorical sleight of hand. They are not ...[text shortened]... less love, perfect justice, and ultimate morality?' ...in support of your torturer god ideology.
    The statement "Fellowship is not following" is shown not to be altogether true.

Wrap winding all this into an argument about torture forever makes it seem like you'd really rather have another argument.

You were speaking of "rhetorical sleight of hand" ?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 01:24
    Wrap winding all this into an argument about torture forever makes it seem like you'd really rather have another argument.

You were speaking of "rhetorical sleight of hand" ?
    The parallel I highlighted is not a "rhetorical sleight of hand". It is a hypothetical example which illustrates the kind of trick you were using and which you use constantly. In one sense, sonship, you are not a very good writer and not a very good communicator. In another sense, you have developed - over the years - a kind of disingenuous and transluscent style of waffly writing, deliberately sprinkled with little logical fallacies [that probably go unnoticed much of the time], in the service of your self-anointed dissent-averse "preacher" spamming.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 02:454 edits
    Do [insert various verbs which have little or possibly nothing to do with "following"] involve some amount of following one another ?
    No they don't. Following is like a form of discipleship, the word implies that the person followed is the leader.

As I said and I maintain; Fellowship is not following, and your ability to conflate meanings to suit your own agenda is quite interesting.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 11:003 edits
    No they don't. Following is like a form of discipleship, the word implies that the person followed is the leader.

As I said and I maintain; Fellowship is not following, and your ability to conflate meanings to suit your own agenda is quite interesting.

But leadership is not always official, automatic and hierarchical among Christians.
    So believers may follow one another as they follow the Lord Jesus.

Maybe you are lacking in experience of such a thing.

It wasn't anymore completely true the second time you said it from the first time.
    Probably you lack experience of following someone in fellowship who is not necessarily your spiritual elder or teacher.

No need to impose your lack of experience on the meaning of Christian fellowship.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 11:12
    Originally posted by @sonship to divegeester
    In your opinion, are your activities here at RHP giving you experience of leadership?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 11:131 edit
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fellowship&oq=fellowship&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4j69i61.15136j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

[quote] fel·low·ship
    ˈfelōˌSHip/
    [b] noun
    friendly association, especially with people who share one's interests.
    "they valued fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community"
    synonyms: companionship, companionability, s ...[text shortened]... rs involve some amount of following ?
    Does [b]companionship
    involve some amount of following ?
    Do "mutual support, camaraderie" and "comradeship" involve some amount of following one another ?[/b]

John the Baptist came preaching that the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.
    Jesus Christ came afterwards proclaiming the same thing.

Jesus followed John the Baptist in this way.
    Jesus was not a disciple of John the Baptist.

"From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near." (Matt. 4:17)

He followed John the Baptist who before preached the same in chapter 3..

"Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying,

Repent! For the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near." (Matt. 3:1,2)
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 07:56

But leadership is not always official, automatic and hierarchical among Christians.
    So believers may follow one another as they follow the Lord Jesus.

[quote]
    A ...[text shortened]... r teacher.

No need to impose your lack of experience on the meaning of Christian fellowship.
    It is completely and utterly true that fellowship is not the same as followership. Your desire to conflate the two to suit your vanity and hide your error is becoming quite distasteful.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:003 edits
    It is completely and utterly true that fellowship is not the same as followership. Your desire to conflate the two to suit your vanity and hide your error is becoming quite distasteful.
    "Followership" is your created term.
    Two browny points for originality.

How Jesus followed John the Baptist is not driven by my "desire". It is just the facts.
    Jesus was not a disciple of John the Baptist but followed him in what God had John the Baptist proclaim,

They were "comrades" and "companions" in fellowship. Sorry.
    Better luck next time.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:08
    "Followership" is your created term.
    Wrong again:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/followership

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Followership

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robasghar/2016/01/17/why-followership-is-now-more-important-than-leadership/#6b9342f75d64
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:121 edit
    How Jesus followed John the Baptist is not driven by my "desire". It is just the facts.
    Jesus was not a disciple of John the Baptist but followed him in what God had John the Baptist proclaim,
    You are just making this stuff up sonship, it's pathetic. Your vanity is choking.

Jesus did NOT "follow" John the Baptist, and incidentally John did not "follow" Jesus either.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:131 edit
    LOOK!! Jesus followed the spirit, He was "led by the spirit" into the wilderness. Matt 4:1

Unbelievable!
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 14:051 edit
    "And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, ..." (See First Thessalonians 1:5,6)

Referenced in my third post in this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree