Good sci-fi is about the present

Good sci-fi is about the present

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

Is the evidence that "John" had this vision of Jesus stronger than the evidence that Muhammed had his vision of Gabriel?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
And your faith is founded on assertions like this?
My faith is founded on the writers of the New Testament (just like the writers of the Old Testament) being under the inspiration, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
My faith is founded on the writers of the New Testament (just like the writers of the Old Testament) being under the inspiration, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit.
OK. More assertions. But it's OK.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
Is the evidence that "John" had this vision of Jesus stronger than the evidence that Muhammed had his vision of Gabriel?
Why are you putting John in quotes?

And yes, much stronger. The Apostle John and Jesus Christ had a relationship and were together in Jesus Christ’s ministry for three years. Jesus entrusted the care of His mother to John.

What was the relationship between Muhammad and Gabriel?

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Why are you putting John in quotes?
His identity is disputed and, for all intents and purposes, unknown.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
OK. More assertions. But it's OK.
You can’t explain the accuracy of Old Testament prophecies any other way - or the scientific facts that were thousands of years ahead of mankind’s knowledge at the time.

It’s surprising you were a Christian for 30 years and know so little about the Holy Bible.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
What was the relationship between Muhammad and Gabriel?
I have no reason to believe that Muhammed had any relationship with Gabriel.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
His identity is disputed and, for all intents and purposes, unknown.
Well I disagree.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
I have no reason to believe that Muhammed had any relationship with Gabriel.
Exactly.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The Apostle John and Jesus Christ had a relationship and were together in Jesus Christ’s ministry for three years. Jesus entrusted the care of His mother to John.
I have no reason to believe that "John" had any relationship with Jesus or that he had any "vision".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I have no reason to believe that "John" had any relationship with Jesus or that he had any "vision".
You don’t believe the Apostle John had a relationship with Jesus Christ and was with Jesus during Jesus’ three-year ministry?

Moves
01 Feb 22

Ziko aburja chre chre -- that's how we meaties talk in the future.

You ready?

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You don’t believe the Apostle John had a relationship with Jesus Christ and was with Jesus during Jesus’ three-year ministry?
I have no reason to believe that "John" is "the Apostle John" and that he had any relationship with Jesus or that he had any "vision" while on his island.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@FMF

Looks like you talked yourself into a corner.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
I have no reason to believe that "John" is "the Apostle John" and that he had any relationship with Jesus or that he had any "vision" while on his island.
Not what I asked.

Do you believe the Apostle John had a relationship with Jesus Christ?

That’s the question.