1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:38
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Nice try. You're the one that immediately called my integrity into question. Why do you derail threads, question the character of the authors of the OPs, and then play the victim card when they focus their attention on you? Do you do this unwittingly or intentionally?
    What "victim card"?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:392 edits
    Do you have anything of substance to add to the thread, other than conjured up attacks on my character, and questioning the motives of FOX News? You're a troll, FMF. Pure and simple.

Meanwhile, I'll wait to hear from those who are genuinely concerned about the Gosnell case and the mainstream media blackout.
    I am not a news junky, but this is the first I have heard of this story. I asked my wife and she says she has not heard of it on the news either. Perhaps, it is a made-up story. If it was true, I can't believe it would not be on all news networks.

P.S. Perhaps the Jodi Arias trial is more interesting to the media. If it is real and gets past the grand jury, the mews media will have to cover it.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 02:423 edits
    You posted a total of 9 internet blog articles, with the most recent one being March 19th.

That does not refute my claim in any way. CBS is a major TV network. Dumping this story into an internet blog that the mainstream doesn't read, actually defines what a media blackout is all about. The context of being "completely silent" on the issue is, m celebrities, and Conservative News Organizations. Did you read my article? I thought not.
    You posted a total of 9 internet blog articles, with the most recent one being March 19th. That does not refute my claim in any way.

Actually the most recent one was from April 12 and there was another one from March 21 (that's also more recent than March 19 if you didn't know). Once again, "Do you ever actually think/investigate before you post?"

Also this was the claim I was refuting:
    One story from each organization does not constitute following the story. And yes I research before I post.

That should have been made apparent by the fact that I quoted you in bold
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 04:52
    There does seem to be a view from elements of the media that 'mainstream' has not given the story the coverage it warrants.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-12/why-is-the-press-ignoring-the-kermit-gosnell-story-.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/kermit-gosnell-abortion-trial-coverage-2013-4

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/why-dr-kermit-gosnells-trial-should-be-a-front-page-story/274944/

http://wizbangblog.com/2013/04/13/mainstream-media-finally-shamed-into-reporting-kermit-gosnell-story/
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 05:221 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There does seem to be a view from elements of the media that 'mainstream' has not given the story the coverage it warrants.
    Perhaps that is what the OP should have claimed instead of claiming falsely that "The mainstream media is completely silent on the issue".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 05:361 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not a news junky, but this is the first I have heard of this story. I asked my wife and she says she has not heard of it on the news either.
    I've known about this story for about 2 years and I wouldn't describe myself as a news junkie either.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 06:213 edits
    What in the world are you talking about? Can you dumb it down for me?
    "What in the world are you talking about? Can you dumb it down for me?"

Context of the Reply (which seems to causing some unintended confusion): Sumy, as you know, thoughtful requests for clarification are always relevant in any serious conversation. Anyone responding to them should recognize that something's been inadvertently lost or overlooked due to language level miscues or coding/decoding errors. Personal Note: My Inflamed Bone Spur Ridden Right Heel has made sustained sleep impossible for the past five days. I've no need for sympathy; my physcian has laboratoy fluids testing underway to determine which surgical or non-surgical remedy should be applied. Later today or tomorrow, once rested, I'll try to spell out the context of my brief comment.

Until then, an anecdotal incident you may find both interesting and pertinent: During a NYC Weekend in my early twenties, after a few chess games with patzers three times my age, I wandered into an elite art gallery on the way back to the hotel. One Oil Painting I've never forgotten was titled, "Illumination in the Eyes of the Ignorant". Content of Every Inch of This Pitch Black Canvas Consisted of One (1) Miniscule Speck/Circle in the Upper Left Corner. That's it. Nothing more. Try to visualize the artist's statement about unenlightened mankind in the following frame:
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 06:28

_______________________________________________________________|
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 10:18
    So your only interest in this thread is in branding me a liar. Very revealing.
    well, since it seems you are a liar, it isn't such a surprise.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 12:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:252 edits
    Abortion "Doctor" Kermit Gosnell, a true, bona fide serial murderer, is on trial as we speak for the murder of 7 (formerly living) babies and 1 female patient. I'll post a link to the grisly practices of this "doctor" but suffice it to say he is a truly evil sick man who took pleasure in the killing of babies. He got creative in how he would execute living www.newsmax.com/TheWire/kermit-gosnell-trial-abortion-killings/2013/04/12/id/499245
    Evil men are everywhere, especially now, as we near the end times.

I don't believe this story has a proper place in the abortion debate.

I mean, obviously, this guy shouldn't have a medical license at all, much less performing abortions. If the warden at your local state penitentiary was proven to be evil, would that story have a place in the capital punishment debate?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 14:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not a news junky, but this is the first I have heard of this story. I asked my wife and she says she has not heard of it on the news either. Perhaps, it is a made-up story. If it was true, I can't believe it would not be on all news networks.

P.S. Perhaps the Jodi Arias trial is more interesting to the media. If it is real and gets past the grand jury, the mews media will have to cover it.
    I live in Phoenix.

If I have to hear one more freaking word about Jodi Arias, I will scream until I can't scream any more.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 15:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I live in Phoenix.

If I have to hear one more freaking word about Jodi Arias, I will scream until I can't scream any more.
    I meant that if this case against this abortion "Doctor" Kermit Gosnell is true, then once it gets past the grand jury, the news media will have to cover it. I am also anxious for the Jodi Arias trial to take a back seat to some other trial.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 15:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've known about this story for about 2 years and I wouldn't describe myself as a news junkie either.
    Well, if it has been that long, I might have heard something about it too, and forgot.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '13 18:13
    And I'm sorry I didn't go very far in explaining why this is in the spiritual forum, but I think the correlation is obvious. The pro-life supporters are primarily (almost completely) a religious people (Christian, Muslim, Jew) while the pro-abortion supporters are almost completely secular and Atheist. The abortion issue is perhaps the most heated issue of ...[text shortened]... demarcation between the religious groups and the secular/Atheist groups in the United States.
    You seem to be implying that "pro-Gosnell" people, it there are any such people who think he should be ruled innocent, are "almost completely" atheists, and that "anti-Gosnell" people are "almost completely" Abrahamic religious people.

I would call that approach demagoguery, because it is an appeal to the emotions, prejudices, and ignorance of less-educated people.

I think the flak you are getting has a lot to do with this apparent demagoguery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree