Government, man's replacement for God

Government, man's replacement for God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
16 Jan 20
2 edits

@suzianne said
"Support" is a personal matter.

The point is that healthcare is not for the church to decide.
What if the said health care tax is putting money towards abortion on demand, something most Christians believe to be genocide?

It is interesting how Leftists like yourself preach to me that helping the poor through the government is doing the work of Jesus, but then turn around and preach to me that there needs to be a separation of church and state when it comes to such issues as abortion.

Why is that exactly?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Jan 20

@secondson said
Here in the states we don't have a king or queen. Our government exist by, for and of the will of the people. We will not tolerate despotism and tyrannical rule by a bunch of elitist who think they know better what's good for the people.

When the government fails to serve the people, at the behest of the people, it is our constitutional right to revolt, and revolt is just around the corner.
So why did you elect Donald Trump?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Jan 20

@whodey said
For you see, Ben Franklin, although not a very religious man at all, understood that freedom can only be obtained by a moral society and that faith in God was key to this morality, yet he also acknowledged how the state speaking from the pulpit was equally as problematic.
",..and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other."

"When the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government".

God bless America, right?! Revolution is in the air.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Jan 20

@deepthought said
Would you have had Hillary elected? I don't think so.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Jan 20

@whodey said
What if the said health care tax is putting money towards abortion on demand, something most Christians believe to be genocide?

It is interesting how Leftists like yourself preach to me that helping the poor through the government is doing the work of Jesus, but then turn around and preach to me that there needs to be a separation of church and state when it comes to such issues as abortion.

Why is that exactly?
My guess is because of the separation of logic and reason and/or the separation between the heart and the Spirit of God.

w

Moves
16 Jan 20

@secondson said
",..and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other."

"When the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government".

God bless America, right?! Revolution is in the air.
Shrug. The man was simply brilliant

w

Moves
16 Jan 20
1 edit

@secondson said
My guess is because of the separation of logic and reason and/or the separation between the heart and the Spirit of God.
The entire government health care issue is a complicated one. My grounds for opposing it are multifaceted, one of which I just mentioned about abortion.

What I don't understand are "Christians" like Suzy who embrace abortion. After all, what church does that? None that I know of. But it is understandable I guess considering that even the Pope gives sermons on the evils of building walls and global warming but seem to ignore abortion which is world wide and considered mass genocide according to Catholic doctrine. But then, they stayed silent during the Holocaust as well, otherwise, they would have lost their precious treasures at the Vatican along with their lives. But on the up side, they would have been revered as heroes and would have been shining examples of what Christians should do, which is get thrown to the lions if it means denying their faith

But I digress.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
17 Jan 20

@whodey said
So it works just fine does it? Why then did the colonies rebel in the 1700's? Was that justified you think?

As for universities, they have been taken over by Left wing kooks who have established "safe zones" where people are not allowed to offend Left wing thought and professors, even tenured ones, are being chased from their profession by merely speaking with or about pe ...[text shortened]... ld probably be deemed "hate speech" or simply ignored because of the kind of PC culture you live in.
Yes, it works fine. Britain is not a tyranny, which is what I was reacting to in your post. You might want to think twice about looking down on everyone else's systems of government while denigrating your own.

Universities are not part of the government. What you've mentioned may well be a problem in American universities, but that is a problem with universities in your country and not a problem with government.

F

Moves
17 Jan 20

@secondson said
The way our constitution is written, any "law" passed by tyrants that goes against the will of the people is "an attempt to supersede God's commandments".
What do you believe the implications of "God's commandments" are for "healthcare reform" in your country?

F

Moves
17 Jan 20

@secondson said
No man! We're talkin' revolution, with guns. It won't take long.
"With guns"?

Who is going to be murdered?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jan 20

@whodey said
The entire government health care issue is a complicated one. My grounds for opposing it are multifaceted, one of which I just mentioned about abortion.

What I don't understand are "Christians" like Suzy who embrace abortion. After all, what church does that? None that I know of. But it is understandable I guess considering that even the Pope gives sermons on the evils ...[text shortened]... stians should do, which is get thrown to the lions if it means denying their faith

But I digress.
I'm not Catholic, pinhead.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jan 20

@whodey said
For you see, Ben Franklin, although not a very religious man at all, understood that freedom can only be obtained by a moral society and that faith in God was key to this morality, yet he also acknowledged how the state speaking from the pulpit was equally as problematic.
So why are you so willing to trash this document that Franklin called 'probably the best we can do' in favor of another written specifically to centralize power in your 'half' of the electorate?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jan 20

@whodey said

Why is that exactly?
Because 'helping the poor' is a topic with nearly universal agreement, even if you fake Christians can't be bothered. Someone has to step up.

The abortion issue, otoh, despite the near-constant bleating about it from the right, is merely another form of tyranny, and an attempted effort to return America to "those glorious days of yesteryear" in which women are held down in 'second-class citizen' status. The attempted theocracy of the right needs to be removed from the issue in order to secure liberty for women.

And, in case you never noticed, there is a HUGE difference between those in your party SAYing they are Christian, and those out in the trenches actually sacrificing to do God's work.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jan 20

@deepthought said
Bravo, sir.

My reply was neither as concise or as focused. I eventually gave up. Kudos on this reply, which was the kernel of what I would have said.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jan 20

@fmf said
"With guns"?

Who is going to be murdered?
Good question.