1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 17:291 edit
    @suzianne said
    It's rancorous venom like this that makes you one of the most unpleasant posters to try to have an actual conversation with.
    Unpleasant? Not as unpleasant as coming after your brain with forceps to crush it and suck out your brains who have no voice.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 19:39
    @divegeester said
    Revolution “in a week or two”.

I see.
    No. That's how long the revolution will take.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 19:57
    @fmf said
    What killings will you support? Do you have any names of people you believe should be killed?
    If there will be a revolution in America, and I believe that sooner or later one will happen, and given the fact that there are approximately 100 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunitions in the hands of at least 60 million law abiding citizens, the largest standing army as it were in human history, people will be killed.

If there's a violent revolution in America due to civil unrest, moral decline within the culture and corruption in government who do "you believe should be killed"?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:24
    @whodey said
    I'm conflicted on the topic of revolution. On the one hand, to free a populace from abject oppression it often seems like it can only come by force On the other hand, once that power is overthrown it seems like we revert back to the same problems as before the revolution. Case in point was the American Revolution. Here we had a group of men risk their very lives to be free ...[text shortened]... r conservative or liberal, should be allowed to decide their own matters as was originally designed.
    Taxation without representation.

Go back to school.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:27
    @whodey said
    Unpleasant? Not as unpleasant as coming after your brain with forceps to crush it and suck out your brains who have no voice.
    Did that happen to you? Is that why you're so bitter?
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:44
    @suzianne said
    Is that why you're so bitter? You don't like it when someone tells you that you can't play God and decide that life doesn't begin at conception?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 20:50
    @suzianne said
    Taxation without representation.
    Right! But now we have special interests and lobbyists to curtail representation. There's corruption in the government and in society at large, but some are too blind to see where and what it is.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:45
    @whodey said
    All 3 revolutions were initiated because of wrongs to the citizens of those countries, yet all governments are guilty of "wrongs" as well. So are all citizens justified to throw off their current governments?
    What was wrong with the answer I already gave?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:46
    @whodey said
    All 3 revolutions were initiated because of wrongs to the citizens of those countries, yet all governments are guilty of "wrongs" as well. So are all citizens justified to throw off their current governments?
    I answered this already.

Why did you sidestep this question:

If Trump loses in November 2020, will you support "We're talkin' revolution, with guns" action if there is any? What bearing do your Christian principles have on your answer to this?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:49
    @secondson said
    If there will be a revolution in America, and I believe that sooner or later one will happen, and given the fact that there are approximately 100 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunitions in the hands of at least 60 million law abiding citizens, the largest standing army as it were in human history, people will be killed.
    Will these 60 million elect a president and legislators?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '20 23:55
    @secondson said
    If there's a violent revolution in America due to civil unrest, moral decline within the culture and corruption in government who do "you believe should be killed"?
    I don't think there will be one. But you do. Can you list some of the people you think should be killed? Would anybody who stayed loyal to the federal government be targeted?

Would you condone the killing of politicians and their aides and bureaucrats? Would you condone the killing of law enforcement officers, and members of the military, national guardsmen, sheriffs etc. who stayed loyal to the federal government?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 05:56
    @secondson said
    No. That's how long the revolution will take.
    Oh right...an American revolution in a week or two.

Makes sense.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 06:00
    @secondson said

If there's a violent revolution in Americ ...[text shortened]... moral decline within the culture and corruption in government who do "you believe should be killed"?
    I’ve read your post four times and I don’t know wether to laugh or not.

Are you being serious?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 11:22
    @suzianne said
    Oh look the sociopath calls me bitter for wanting to spare innocent lives.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '20 11:333 edits
    @fmf said
    I answered this already.

Why did you sidestep this question:

If Trump loses in November 2020, will you support "We're talkin' revolution, with guns" action if there is any? What bearing do your Christian principles have on your answer to this?
    The idea of a "revolution" is somewhat absurd in the US. For example, the American revolution was a fluke. Here you had a small army defying the largest most powerful army in the world. The circumstances that allowed the revolution to be successful were many.

1. The large expanse of ocean separating the two continents making it very hard to maneuver militarily.
    2. The threat of war with France keeping them preoccupied mainly with that threat.
    3. The massive mounting debt that was made worse with expanding the empire to the colonies.
    4. France supplying the colonists with military arms and men.
    5. The aristocratic class supporting the revolt, suppling both money and brain power to the cause.
    6, A never say die rag tag army that got pounded about every battle they fought. More than anything, their undying persistence is what ultimately won with an enemy that had a limited will to fight.

All in all, with all of those attributes to help them win the revolution they barely won. By all rights they should never have succeeded. It was a miracle that it did succeed. Today, if a revolution were to occur those that rebel would have NONE of that. At best, I foresee a time when maybe the government comes for peoples guns. At that point, the government has two choices. They can either try to round up the guns slowly and try to assimilate any rebellious folk into their fold as they can or go hard and fast after them, causing bloody confrontation after bloody confrontation which would be rather embarrassing internationally. Then again, if the media refuses to cover such confrontations, maybe it would all be swept under the rug like you see in other totalitarian regimes.

Of course, the other possibility would be that the government fiscally implodes due to its massive debt. At that point though it would be more of a state of anarchy than revolution, in which either Russia or China fills the gap by slicing and dicing the globe together.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree