1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't plan to "calm down" about your particular deceptive tactics.

And your Mr. Innocent, full of reasonable composure routine is nice, but not impressive.
    Jaywill, may I respectfully suggest that stewardship of your internet time and passionate energy may be best served by saving your breath. Principle: Categorically impossible to objectively explore the least realm of absolute truth with any human being who is still spiritually dead (dichotomous, body/soul only) and whose volition is still welded shut on negative signals.

...................................................................................
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 00:04
    I don't plan to "calm down" about your particular deceptive tactics.

And your Mr. Innocent, full of reasonable composure routine is nice, but not impressive.
    I used no "deceptive tactics". You've twisted things in order to make a point as you've done several times during this discussion of which I've documented but a few.

Once again:
    When you've calmed down, try to be objective and read through our discussion. If you really put in an effort to comprehend what is being said, maybe you'll be able to see how much you twist things in order to make a point. Seriously. I think it might do you a world of good.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 11:575 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I used no "deceptive tactics". You've twisted things in order to make a point as you've done several times during this discussion of which I've documented but a few.

Once again:
    When you've calmed down, try to be objective and read through our discussion. If you really put in an effort to comprehend what is being said, maybe you'll be able to ...[text shortened]... ngs in order to make a point. Seriously. I think it might do you a world of good.
    Regardless how you poster yourself as the more civil and more reasonable, those of us who have dealt with you know you ThinkOfOne.

If you think you can throw dirt and then innocently smile that you want civility, it won't work. Points which you CANNOT refute you dismiss as irrelevant and red herrings.

You tried hard to draw a wedge between the teachings of Jesus (your view of His words MINUS John, Minus Acts, Minus Revelation) and the epistles of Paul.

Without question, I proved to you that there were plenty of sober exhortations in Paul's letters making the charge of "Cheap Salvation" so to speak IMPOSSIBLE to level at Paul.

I don't recall you dealing with any of those passages. I recall you glossing over them, ignoring them. I would have had more respect for you had you simply admitted that those passages from Paul indeed did not support your concept of Paul.

You are again dusting off the old argument and trying it again. "Jesus, you like. Paul messed up the teachings of Jesus."

I suspect that others who have come to this forum since Ephinahas and I (possibly Freaky too) previously dealt with your tactics will see through them as we did.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 12:061 edit

Once again:
    When you've calmed down, try to be objective and read through our discussion. If you really put in an effort to comprehend what is being said, maybe you'll be able to ...[text shortened]... ngs in order to make a point. Seriously. I think it might do you a world of good.
    ========================================
    ===========================================

Okay. Let's put it to the test then.

What for you constitutes the Canon of the authentic teaching of Jesus Christ ?

Which Books ?

Which Chapters in those Books ?

Instead of us assuming that you are New Testament friendly, enumerate exactly which books and chapters you dismiss as not the teaching of Jesus Christ, His words, and the tenets of the New Testament.

Books and Chapters ??

If you refuse to do it, and instead expect us all to simply TRUST you that you receive the New Testament in some vague and general way as the authoritative representation of Jesus' teaching, then I will continue to charge that attitude as deception.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 20:511 edit
    Regardless how you poster yourself as the more civil and more reasonable, those of us who have dealt with you know you ThinkOfOne.

If you think you can throw dirt and then innocently smile that you want civility, it won't work. Points which you CANNOT refute you dismiss as irrelevant and red herrings.

You tried hard to draw a wedge between th (possibly Freaky too) previously dealt with your tactics will see through them as we did.
    Jaywill, I really wish you were capable of having an honest discussion. As it stands, you keep showing that you are not. It's even pointless to point out your dishonesty. This latest post is just more of the same. You're like a child desperate to prove himself right, making ridiculous arguments without regard to truth. I'd suggest that you go back and read through this discussion, but I really doubt that it'd help. So I'm bowing out.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '10 00:47
    Jaywill, I really wish you were capable of having an honest discussion. As it stands, you keep showing that you are not. It's even pointless to point out your dishonesty. This latest post is just more of the same. You're like a child desperate to prove himself right, making ridiculous arguments without regard to truth. I'd suggest that you go back and read through this discussion, but I really doubt that it'd help. So I'm bowing out.
    You failed the test.

Disappointed, but not really surprised.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '10 13:552 edits
    You're like a child desperate to prove himself right, making ridiculous arguments without regard to truth. I'd suggest that you go back and read through this discussion, but I really doubt that it'd help. So I'm bowing out.
    The discussion is really a continuation of an old argument of yours dusted off and retried.

I suppose you consider it a sign of maturity that you "bow out" of the debate like a gentlemen after you have been refuted. Paul did not corrupt the teaching of Jesus. That is where you have been refuted. So you can "bow out" now and we'll all be impressed.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 09:461 edit
    Grace is a foreign language...

'Grace is a foreign language from day one out of the chute. It's simplicity underwhelms us. It's turnkey completeness offends us.
    We insist on getting out of the cabin to help push the jet. Earning the gift appeals to us. We crave a share of the credit.'

9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 12:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Grace is a foreign language...

'Grace is a foreign language from day one out of the chute. It's simplicity underwhelms us. It's turnkey completeness offends us.
    We insist on getting out of the cabin to help push the jet. Earning the gift appeals to us. We crave a share of the credit.'

......................................................................[/b]
    68 posts and you still haven't found the answer you're looking for?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 18:541 edit
    The discussion is really a continuation of an old argument of yours dusted off and retried.

I suppose you consider it a sign of maturity that you "bow out" of the debate like a gentlemen after you have been refuted. Paul did not corrupt the teaching of Jesus. That is where you have been refuted. So you can "bow out" now and we'll all be impressed.
    Once again:
    Jaywill, I really wish you were capable of having an honest discussion. As it stands, you keep showing that you are not. It's even pointless to point out your dishonesty. This latest post is just more of the same. You're like a child desperate to prove himself right, making ridiculous arguments without regard to truth. I'd suggest that you go back and read through this discussion, but I really doubt that it'd help.

When you've calmed down, try to be objective and read through our discussion. If you really put in an effort to comprehend what is being said, maybe you'll be able to see how much you twist things in order to make a point. Seriously. I think it might do you a world of good.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 10:46
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Build it and He will come.
    Not bad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree