Great Passages From The Holy Bible

Great Passages From The Holy Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

Handwriting 1 Chronicles 11 today and saw this great and short passage - one of my favorites from the Old Testament.

“And David was then in the hold, and the Philistines' garrison was then at Bethlehem.

And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, that is at the gate!

And the three brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: but David would not drink of it, but poured it out to the Lord.

And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest.”

(1 Chronicles 11:16-19)

King David is thirsty so three of his warriors risk their lives to get him water and David pours the water on the ground as a tribute to the Lord.

Awesome πŸ‘πŸ‘

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Handwriting 1 Chronicles 11 today and saw this great and short passage - one of my favorites from the Old Testament.

“And David was then in the hold, and the Philistines' garrison was then at Bethlehem.

And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, that is at the gate!

And the three brake through the host of the Phi ...[text shortened]... ves to get him water and David pours the water on the ground as a tribute to the Lord.

Awesome πŸ‘πŸ‘
Blessed are they that handwrite the Holy Bible for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that have a personal relationship with Christ, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are those under the New Covenant: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do nothing but instead they hunger and thirst and proclaim they have the righteousness of Christ, for they shall be filled.
Blessed are those who boast of having the Holy Spirit for they shall have eternal life
Blessed are they that are under Grace: for they shall see God.
Blessed are they that are born again of the church for they shall be called the children of God. (OSAS Church of Satan 5:3-9 )

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22
1 edit

@PB1022

Yes, that is an awesome passage. David had a heart after God's own heart.

Yet, ONLY the Son of God is PERFECT in heart. Amen.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@sonship said
@PB1022

Yes, that is an awesome passage. David had a heart after God's own heart.

Yet, ONLY the Son of God is PERFECT in heart. Amen.
Yes, totally agree.

What David did to Uriah (not to mention Bathsheba) was pretty bad but he sincerely repented and continued to seek the Lord.

I think David even wrote a Psalm about that experience, possibly Psalm 51.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Yes, totally agree.

What David did to Uriah (not to mention Bathsheba) was pretty bad but he sincerely repented and continued to seek the Lord.

I stand corrected. He wrote a Psalm after that experience and his anguish from it, but the Psalm wasn’t explicitly about what he did.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jan 22
1 edit

@PB1022

Yes, totally agree.

And saints dfown through the ages are glad that he did write that Psalm about his failure and repentance. God knew we would needd it.

All the heroes of the faith are stepping stones leading up to the One with whim the Father was well pleased - the Son.

Some had a nearly perfect record. But all have come short of the glory of God.
Only Christ was qualified to be that Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world
though His perfection.

And only He could become the life giving Spirit to indwell us.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45)

"Now the Lord is the Spirit. And where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17)

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
31 Jan 22

@pb1022 said

And the three brake through the host of the Phi ...[text shortened]... ves to get him water and David pours the water on the ground as a tribute to the Lord.

Awesome πŸ‘πŸ‘
I think he was a very wise leader to show his men that he did not ever expect them to risk their lives over a trivial matter.

It may have been a bit of a show to 'offer it to the Lord', but it sent the right message to the men.

(Some may be tempted to call my interpretation 'wrong' - to which I say, if you think it's a 'living' word, can't it say different things to different people?)

Moves
01 Feb 22

It's pretty much guys spouting off and women actually doing the work to make sure there is even another generation all the way along, isn't it?

Moves
01 Feb 22

@sonship said
David had a heart after God's own heart.
He was also a scheming murderer and an adulterer who besmirched his own thrown and brought death upon Bathsheba’s innocent son as God’s punishment for his sins.

Quite a contrast.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@divegeester said
He was also a scheming murderer and an adulterer who besmirched his own thrown and brought death upon Bathsheba’s innocent son as God’s punishment for his sins.

Quite a contrast.
But he was a heckuva Psalm writer!

And it’s throne, not thrown.

Moves
01 Feb 22

@divegeester said

Quite a contrast.
We need more movies about Bathsheba and her hapless son. Netflix?

Über-Nerd

Moves
04 Feb 22

Ex 22:18.

Great stuff indeed. How many souls were saved by that passage?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@moonbus said
Ex 22:18.

Great stuff indeed. How many souls were saved by that passage?
Were witches in Biblical times the same as witches in the 1600s?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Feb 22

All things are lawful yet not all things build up

Über-Nerd

Moves
04 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Were witches in Biblical times the same as witches in the 1600s?
Does it matter? That passage was used to perpetrate and sanctify horror and mass murder on a scale even the Third Reich did not match.