1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 03:40
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    🙄
    Do you have any evidence that anything in the Genesis account of the creation in six days was written differently at some other time than it is today? Please inform us of proof of such a change, if you think there was one.

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 04:431 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    [b]So says the expert in speaking from ignorance.

How about you actually ask us atheists what we think rather than make up
    strawman bull**** versions of what we think.
    I've spent most of my life as an atheist, so for one thing it takes one to know one. I've also watched as you and a few others here are quick to tell creationists how and why they are wrong but very slow to actually listening to what they say. But to be fair about this, I'm content to sit back and watch until I see you doing this before calling you on it. I'm sure you won't keeping me waiting for very long.

Show me a supernatural phenomena for science to study and then we can see if sciences methods are up to it.

So are you are telling me that science, which is only able to study natural phenomena, is also able to explain a supernatural event? Or is this your way of being clever by implying there is no such thing as a supernatural event?

I'll give you a hint. If you claim you were only trying to be clever then the screwy logic of your challenge will probably go unnoticed.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 07:19
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    So are you are telling me that science, which is only able to study natural phenomena, is also able to explain a supernatural event? Or is this your way of being clever by implying there is no such thing as a supernatural event?
    'supernatural' is an incoherent concept designed to avoid logic.

So why do you claim science is only able to study natural phenomena? Science is about studying patterns. Science can be used to study any pattern. Therefore is supernatural phenomena are not subject to scrutiny by science then they do not follow patterns, ie they are random. But if this is the case, then why call them 'supernatural'? Why not just say 'random'?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 07:36
    So says the expert in speaking from ignorance.

How about you actually ask us atheists what we think rather than make up
    strawman bull**** versions of what we think.

However while we are on the subject...

Science is the rational study of the reality we live in... Whatever the nature of
    that reality.

Show me a supernatural phenomena for ...[text shortened]... we can
    see if sciences methods are up to it.

Till then, natural phenomena are all there is.
    Science has already studied the Shroud of Turin and apparently were not up to the task of uncovering its supernatural mysteries which still baffle them.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 09:29
    Mystery of the Shroud of Turin

YouTube

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 09:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Science has already studied the Shroud of Turin and apparently were not up to the task of uncovering its supernatural mysteries which still baffle them.

The Instructor
    It's a piece of medieval cloth...

What's supernatural about it?

And for the record, scientists do not have full access to the shroud, because
    the Catholics are too scared of what we might prove if we did have full access.

So saying that scientists haven't got all the answers for who made the shroud
    and how is rather disingenuous given that they are not aloud to touch it.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 10:22
    It's a piece of medieval cloth...

What's supernatural about it?

And for the record, scientists do not have full access to the shroud, because
    the Catholics are too scared of what we might prove if we did have full access.

So saying that scientists haven't got all the answers for who made the shroud
    and how is rather disingenuous given that they are not aloud to touch it.
    Science proves the Shroud of Turin is that of Jesus

YouTube

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 21:16
    Science proves the Shroud of Turin is that of Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MMOAV-xYFs

The Instructor
    The Shroud is probably a fake.
    The cloth is probably not old enough.
    If it was old enough(unlikely) it could have belonged to anyone.
    It may have belonged to someone called Jesus (unlikely).
    That Jesus may have been the Jesus of the bible (unlikely)
    Who may have been crucified.

So maybe you have a cloth from a crucified man.
    So what?

I hope to god you never sit on a jury if you think that rag is evidence!
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 23:401 edit
    The Shroud is probably a fake.
    The cloth is probably not old enough.
    If it was old enough(unlikely) it could have belonged to anyone.
    It may have belonged to someone called Jesus (unlikely).
    That Jesus may have been the Jesus of the bible (unlikely)
    Who may have been crucified.

So maybe you have a cloth from a crucified man.
    So what?

I hope to god you never sit on a jury if you think that rag is evidence!
    I think you should never be on a jury, because you will not consider the evidence. Did you even notice that the blood tested AB positive and double x Chromosome? Not only is the blood type very rare, but the double x chromosome is consistent with a virgin birth. Who else but Jesus do you know that has been claimed to be a product of a virgin birth? So it can't just belong to any man as you so arrogantly state.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 23:55
    Tulane University physicist Dr. Frank J. Tipler reasons that if the Gospels’ account of the virgin birth is true, then Jesus’ DNA makeup would have no Y chromosome because he did not have a human father, but instead have two X chromosomes. However, since Jesus was clearly male, he must have the SRY gene. But the SRY gene, instead of being in the Y chromosome, was inserted into a location where it is not normally found – inside one of the two X chromosomes imparted from Mary, his mother.

And that’s exactly what a team of Italian researchers found.

In January 1995, led by Professor Marcello Canale of the Institute of Legal Medicine in Genoa, a group of Italian researchers, including several workers who had invented the standard DNA test for gender, conducted a DNA analysis of the blood on the Shroud of Turin and on the Oviedo Cloth (also called the Sudarium of Oviedo). A recent report by scientists confirms that the Shroud is not a fake. Mark Guscin provides strong evidence that the Sudarium of Oviedo, Spain, is the cloth described in John 20:7 as being wrapped around Jesus’ head.

Here is Dr. Tipler’s account (from pages 183-187 of his book):

Normally, the results of a DNA test of the blood on such a famous object would be published in English in a major scientific journal. … Not so the results of this DNA test. The results were published, in Italian, in the very obscure Italian journal devoted to the study of the Turin Shroud. Furthermore, only the raw data were published. That is, the Genoa team published black-and-white Xerox copies of the computer output of the DNA analyzer. This is never, never done. Always, the data are presented in a neat table or figure, and they are accompanied by a discussion of their significance. The Genoa team made no effort to interpret their data.

But I was able to interpret the data at once. They are the expected signature of the DNA of a male born in a Virgin Birth! …

The Turin Shroud data show 107 (106+1) but not trace of a 112 base pair gene. The Oviedo Cloth data show 105 (106-1) but no trace of a 112 base pair. The X chromosome is present, but there is no evidence of a Y chromosome. This is the expected signature of … virgin birth, the XX male generated by an SRY inserted into an X chromosome. It is not what would be expected of a standard male.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/the-christmas-miracle-scientific-evidence-of-the-virgin-birth/
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 01:492 edits
    AB positive ... Not only is the blood type very rare,
    The Instructor
    Facts

In Israel AB+ comes in as 4th most prevalent of the 8 main blood types. (7% )
    Hardly rare!
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 01:53
    ... and double x Chromosome?
    The Instructor
    double X chromosome? Not sure where you get that from!!!
    Maybe the blood is from a woman (most likely)
    or a man (statistically there are about 200 XX males in Israel today)
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 01:55
    ..., but the double x chromosome is consistent with a virgin birth.
    The Instructor
    Have all the other virgin births produced a male with double x chromosome?

Consistent?!?!!?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 02:07
    Facts

In Israel AB+ comes in as 4th most prevalent of the 8 main blood types. (7% )
    Hardly rare!
    Rare, unless you are a Jew.

The Instructor
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 02:18
    Have all the other virgin births produced a male with double x chromosome?

Consistent?!?!!?
    There are no other virgin births that I have heard of.

According to what I posted above, the Doctor states the result of the DNA analyzer of the blood on both cloths are what would be expected of a virgin birth of a male.

So the use of the word "consistent" that I repeated from the man from the previous video is probably not the correct word to use, unless he knows of other virgin births. The Doctor said "what would be expected" which is probably the correct way to state it.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree