Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem And God

Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem And God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
PhD in statistics now?

Blood groups are [b]not
randomly distributed around the world so
your stats are worthless.

Everyone here with a pulse knows about universal donors (i am one too)
and universal acceptors.

And I ask again - why did you bring up the blood type? What does it prove?
(Or what do you want it to prove?)[/b]
I already answered that question.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The creation account in the Holy Bible that I believe has yet to be proven wrong, so I am justified in teaching the truth regardless of your belief in the evilution myth, which has been proven wrong.

The Holy Bibly account has remained unchanged since it was written, while the evilution myth had to undergo many changes in its definition as the lies have b ...[text shortened]... ount in the Holy Bible, which has remained truth from the day it was recorded.

The Instructor
Evolution 'proven' wrong? You mean the right wing religious nutter young earther literal creationists spouting opinions on youtube? THAT kind of proof? What else do you have? Anything published in real science journals that have stood up to the scrutiny of actual scientists?

No? Well then, all you have is opinion, not even CLOSE to evolution being 'Proven' wrong.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Evolution 'proven' wrong? You mean the right wing religious nutter young earther literal creationists spouting opinions on youtube? THAT kind of proof? What else do you have? Anything published in real science journals that have stood up to the scrutiny of actual scientists?

No? Well then, all you have is opinion, not even CLOSE to evolution being 'Proven' wrong.
Yeah. There is good proof against evilution on Youtube.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 13
1 edit

Yeah. There is good proof against evilution on Youtube.

The Instructor
So now we find there is a difference between 'good' proof and presumably 'bad' proof. Nice to know. Sounds more like a spec for whiskey.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Jul 13

I already answered that question.

The Instructor
Be a gent and point us to it. Or cut and paste your answer again.

Many thanks.

😀

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 13

Be a gent and point us to it. Or cut and paste your answer again.

Many thanks.

😀
iT WAS ON PAGE THREE AND I REPEAT;

I brought up the blood type because it was mentioned on the video and proves that real blood was on both cloths and it was there before the image was produced, just like the Holy Bible says.

The Instructor

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
31 Jul 13

iT WAS ON PAGE THREE AND I REPEAT;

[b]I brought up the blood type because it was mentioned on the video and proves that real blood was on both cloths and it was there before the image was produced, just like the Holy Bible says.

The Instructor[/b]
OK
I'll try again.

What does AB+ blood specifically prove?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
31 Jul 13
2 edits

OK
I'll try again.

It specifically proves nothing, except for the fact that what appears to be blood on the cloth is indeed blood... on the cloth. If you are wondering why this is important, it's because of claims the cloth is a fake and the appearance of blood on the cloth is only a color or tint added to that cloth... to make it appear as though it is blood. As it turns out, what appears to be blood is indeed blood.

Appearances can be deceiving if you assume -the appearance of- is only understood to mean that something is not what it appears to be, or not to be. That is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the... the, uh...

...what was your question again?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 13

OK
I'll try again.

Nothing alone and by itself proves anything. It is the preponderance of the evidence that proves the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oveido belong to the crucified Jesus, who's resurrection light produced His image over the blood stains on the Shroud of Turin.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
31 Jul 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
It specifically proves nothing,
That's what I thought.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
31 Jul 13

Nothing
The Instructor
Thanks

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 13

Thanks
You only accept what your hard heart is willing to accept, like evilution.
You are offered the pearl of eternal life and trample upon it like a pig would do.

The Instructor

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
31 Jul 13

That's what I thought.
You thought it proved the blood is real? If that is what you thought then why did you ask?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 13
2 edits

Originally posted by lemon lime
You thought it proved the blood is real? If that is what you thought then why did you ask?
I think he thought the man was trying to prove the blood belonged to Jesus because it was AB positive. That proves it was the same blood type on both cloths. However, that only narrows the candidates, since most people do not have AB positive blood. The double X chromosome DNA result narrows it down considerable more and when you consider all the other details then that is what proves the burial coths belong to the crucified Jesus.

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Jul 13
2 edits

Kurt Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem And God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxoZ8REpH-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8JLvEix8Xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm7tvsRcwzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT8Agmio-2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M22IpadfJMg

Summary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkRDbyygT04

The Instructor
I am watching the first interesting video of this series. It reminds me of something I have thought for a long time.

Eventually you have to trust something or someone - PERIOD.

And if that is true the Bible's message to have faith in God is a frank, upfront, most straightforward, most universally normal route to conveying what it purports to be the truth.

Like the Apostle John says in his prologue - "Moreover indeed many other signs also Jesus did before His disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name." (John 20:20,31)

Jesus comes right out at the beginning and tells us that the experience of God is a matter of our faith PLUS the faithfulness of God.

It is not our faith apart from and without God's faithfulness.
It is added to our faith the faithfulness of God.

Anyway, the videos seem to promise to be interesting.

Thanks RJ for the links.