1. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 11:51
    As further testament to the unerring rightness of science, what a great week for those who hold unswervingly to limited understanding.

Introducing Nix and Hydra, two of (at least) three moons in Pluto's orbit--- previously held to be but one. Who says science can't be trusted?
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 12:00
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    As further testament to the unerring rightness of science, what a great week for those who hold unswervingly to limited understanding.

Introducing Nix and Hydra, two of (at least) three moons in Pluto's orbit--- previously held to be but one. Who says science can't be trusted?
    In the light of new evidence scientists revise their ideas (shock).

Compare and contrast

In the light of new evidence creationists cling to their (god-dunnit) ideas (shock).

In the light of carefully selected evidence IDers attempt to discredit other people's ideas thus 'proving' that an unknown force(TM)* dunnit.(shock).

* any resemblence between 'unknown force(TM)' and god is entirely coincidental
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 12:08

Well, that is kind of like saying "We have drugs to cure certain diseases now that were thought to be incurable so there's proof that science can't be trusted."
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 12:20

Well I certainly won't be getting on another aeroplane.
  5. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 16:04
    This thread is testament to the further misrepresentation of what science is. I would say "misunderstanding", but I honestly don't believe Freaky is that ignorant.

-JC
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 17:11

I am so thankful that through faith and prayer we came know of the existence of these two satellites.
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 17:35

It has been revealed to me that these three moons are, in fact, one-- in virtue of their ontological cosubstantiality. Hence, there is no need to worry about heretical incompatibility with previous scientific doctrine.
  8. Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 18:07
    Hm....so in order for science to be valid, we would have to never again discover, do, or think anything new? Sweet.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 18:14
    Originally posted by Churlant
    This thread is testament to the further misrepresentation of what science is. I would say "misunderstanding", but I honestly don't believe Freaky is that ignorant.

-JC
    The person who rec'd him is!
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 19:19
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    The person who rec'd him is!
    Wasn't me that rec'd him. lol
  11. RDU NC
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 20:39
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Wasn't me that rec'd him. lol
    is this one of those rec'd him = rectum jokes?
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 21:01
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Well I certainly won't be getting on another aeroplane.
    Did you know that no one knows why planes stay in the air? It's a complete mystery to those damn scientists. 🙄
  13. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 21:06
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Did you know that no one knows why planes stay in the air? It's a complete mystery to those damn scientists. 🙄
    i know why.

Its because damn drunk people wont get back into their seats, and put their seat belt on.
    😠
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:16
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I think you're confusing aeroplanes with bumble bees. Although we now thing that flies actually create a mini vaccuum above their wings that literally "sucks" them upwards.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:17

This is just such a wonderful example of how much Freaky hates science.

The only question that remains is "why?"