1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:48
    Originally quoted by sonship
    Many people, in an attempt to earn a reputation for themselves of being clever and smart, use many deceitful words to cheat others. They may indeed earn a name of being clever and smart. But are they really clever and smart? This is only deceitfulness and craftiness. Most of the people in the world who are clever and smart are actually deceitful and crafty. ...[text shortened]... who lies, a deceitful and crafty person is clever and smart. Oh, how the world excels in lying!
    Ad hominem, much? 😕
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:48
    Originally posted by sonship
    From [b]The Christian a publication with articles by Watchman Nee

Many people, in an attempt to earn a reputation for themselves of being clever and smart, use many deceitful words to cheat others. They may indeed earn a name of being clever and smart. But are they really clever and smart? This is only deceitfulness and craftiness. Most of t ...[text shortened]... a deceitful and crafty person is clever and smart. Oh, how the world excels in lying!
    [/b]
    Are you calling me smart, clever or a liar? Or are you directing your passive aggressive little jab at someone else?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ad hominem, much? 😕
    Silly?

Where's the contradiction?

Once regenerated one can never be unborn again.
    OSAS can be Once Saved Always Saved. And I have written also it could be Once SEALED Always SEALED.

Where's the contradiction between that and what I have written so far in this thread?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:532 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ad hominem, much? 😕
    Here you see the cultish mindset in action; the absolute refusal by sonship to accept the possibility that in the light of the moral bankruptcy of his biblical interpretation and the total illogical juxtaposition of Christ in his scenario, he has to resort to calling people who disagree with him crafty liars.

Edit: of course I'm talking about eternal suffering, in response to Handy Andy's comment.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:551 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Here you see the cultish mindset in action; the absolute refusal by sonship to accept the possibility that in the light of the moral bankruptcy of his biblical,interpretation and the total illogical juxtaposition of Christ in his scenario, he has to resort to calling people who disagree with him crafty liars.
    Correction: We are all crafty liars and need salvation within and without.

If it is an ad hom it is an ad hom directed towards myself as well.

You silly willys.

More of the article. Just a bit more. Its helpful.

Lying is even more commonplace in business circles. Many business people have told me that if they do not lie, they will have no way to make money. If they want to be honest, their only choice is to close their doors and terminate their business. They think that lying is the guiding principle in business and that without lying, their business will close down immediately. I remember a story. A fabric store was once visited by a man from the country. After the man examined many kinds of fabric, he still was not satisfied. In the end the shopkeeper took one of the previously examined rolls back into his shop and wrapped it with high-quality colored paper. He then presented it to the customer, saying, "This is the best fabric we have in this shop. I just took it out from my warehouse." The country man believed his word and bought it. If one does not lie, he cannot run a business. Several days ago I read in the newspaper of two British Christians who refused to put false labels on their goods. They were terminated by their employers. If one will not lie in this world, he will lose his position.

Perhaps some who are sitting here will say that they are not in business and have not lied in this way before. You may not have not lied in this way, but have you exaggerated and said more than the truth in your conversations? This is lying. Have you made something big out of something small? This is lying. Have you uplifted yourselves with lies because of a love for vainglory? Have you said vague words in an attempt to avoid difficulties and misunderstandings? This is also lying. Many people, when confronted with difficulties, deceive others with untrue words in order to avoid facing sufferings. Alas, we think that we are honest people only because we have not examined ourselves. If you do not believe me, go home and write down all the lies you said throughout the day in a little notebook. Please remember that anything you said other than yes to what should be yes and no to what should be no are lies. You should write down in your notebook everything other than these yes and no statements. Then you will find out how good you are at lying!

Let me point out the biggest lie in the whole world. Do you know what the biggest lie in the whole world is? Please listen to 1 John 1:8, "If we say that we do not have sin, we are deceiving ourselves." Here we see a very important verse. It points out man's biggest lie. Our lies are meant to deceive others. They are not meant to deceive ourselves. We do not like to deceive ourselves. We think that it is all right to deceive others because they are the ones who are cheated and suffer. We are very unwilling to deceive ourselves because we will suffer. But subconsciously there are many who deceive themselves. This verse tells us how a man can deceive himself.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:57

You silly willys.
    So that post was not directed at me then?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:57

You silly willys.
    I don't lie on this forum. Do you?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 04:58
    Where's the contradiction?
    This is what I said: I think I understand your OSAS ideology well enough thanks. You have talked about it in posts addressed directly to me. I will go and dig them out if you go ahead and contradict yourself now. Don't post anything further on this topic on my account.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 05:00
    Lying is even more commonplace in business circles. Many business people have told me that if they do not lie, they will have no way to make money. If they want to be honest, their only choice is to close their doors and terminate their business. They think that lying is the guiding principle in business and that without lying, their business will close down ...[text shortened]... iously there are many who deceive themselves. This verse tells us how a man can deceive himself.
    So it is intended as an ad hominem then?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 05:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you calling me smart, clever or a liar? Or are you directing your passive aggressive little jab at someone else?
    I am pointing out how common place lying is.

This thread started with me saying that the main lie which causes one to perish is the lie that one does not have sin.

I know that it is easy for me to lie.
    So I know I need salvation in Christ without and within.

What does this mean which I wrote ?

By that time of the last judgment of the great white throne, lying will have either been eliminated out of human behavior or all the lying ones left will perish.

Do you understand this? If not ask and how it relates to the discussion.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 05:07
    What common place lies do you tell here in this community?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 05:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So it is intended as an ad hominem then?
    I said IF it is an ad hom it certainly would be directed towards all humans who cannot keep themselves from lying somehow.

That would include myself.

You're going to point out a contradiction between Once Saved Always Saved and what I have written here?

I don't want to chit chat back and forth. Point out your substantial contradiction. And if not for your sake, I'll respond for the sake of others who wish to understand this matter of God's salvation better.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 05:09
    This thread started with me saying that the main lie which causes one to perish is the lie that one does not have sin.
    People who do not believe in the notion of "sin" cannot be "lying" when they say they do not "sin".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 05:10
    I said IF it is an ad hom it certainly would be directed towards all humans who cannot keep themselves from lying somehow.

That would include myself.
    What lies do you tell here?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 05:111 edit

I know that it is easy for me to lie.
    So I know I need salvation in Christ without and within.

What does this mean which I wrote ?

By that time of the last judgment ...[text shortened]... perish.

Do you understand this? If not ask and how it relates to the discussion.
    Ok let's talk about lying...

I'll ask again; was your post with the Watchman Nee quotation on the previous page, directed at me because of my post directly before it, or not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree