1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 21:30
    http://tinyurl.com/3wtalaa

So if meat is no longer murder, is it ok to eat?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat

It's okay especially if it's going to goto waste.
    But it's just a habit like tv or coffee-people are rarely aware of it as a drug.
  3. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It's okay especially if it's going to goto waste.
    But it's just a habit like tv or coffee-people are rarely aware of it as a drug.
    I resemble that remark. 🙂

--pyx (a carnivore and coffee-person if ever there was one... but only with cream, please; TV, not so much)
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:27
    Originally posted by pyxelated
    I resemble that remark. 🙂

--pyx (a carnivore and coffee-person if ever there was one... but only with cream, please; TV, not so much)
    Yes, we can get all the nutrients we need from other scources, iron being one of the major problem areas.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:59
    I'm a vegetarian myself and, yes, I do think the rest of society should be vegetarian.

As for synthetic meat, I have no ethical objection but I would be wary about consumption. The food is untested and it is not known how it will interact with the body.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 01:241 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I'm a vegetarian myself and, yes, I do think the rest of society should be vegetarian.

As for synthetic meat, I have no ethical objection but I would be wary about consumption. The food is untested and it is not known how it will interact with the body.
    I dont know man, there's a lot of money out there for slaughtering animals. A LOT. I would be surprised if it wern't corrupt like a lot of other capitalist based crap.
    edit: I meant the truth about synthetic meat and the meat industry in general.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 11:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont know man, there's a lot of money out there for slaughtering animals. A LOT. I would be surprised if it wern't corrupt like a lot of other capitalist based crap.
    edit: I meant the truth about synthetic meat and the meat industry in general.
    Yes, I am quite horrified at the treatment of cattle we import into Australia from places like Indonesia. The meat industry is only concerned for profit-margins. Ethical dilemmas are no trouble to them.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 11:13
    Yes, I am quite horrified at the treatment of cattle we import into Australia from places like Indonesia. The meat industry is only concerned for profit-margins. Ethical dilemmas are no trouble to them.
    The movie by the guy whose name I cant get right (Richard Linklaeater??) called "...", someone help me here please. It was a good movie about the meat Industry.
  9. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 11:29
    Conrau, we export meat into Indonesia - we do not get meat from there mate.

The issue was how (some of) the abbatoirs there killed the animals we sent there.

Cheers
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 11:32
    Originally posted by nook7

The issue was how (some of) the abbatoirs there killed the animals we sent there.

Cheers
    Ever heard of "100%Australian Beef"? which supplies food to McDonalds,of other places, is actually the name for an Inodinesean Beef Company.

Is that true?
  11. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 12:18

Is necrophilia wrong?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 17:02

no, the whole yuminess of the meat comes from the tears of the slaughtered cow/pig/chikin.

if there is no suffering, the meat is useless.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 20:42
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    no, the whole yuminess of the meat comes from the tears of the slaughtered cow/pig/chikin.

if there is no suffering, the meat is useless.
    Is that true?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 21:03
    Originally posted by nook7

Cheers
    My mistake. Wires confused.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 23:532 edits

its interesting, but for some people they just dont like the texture of meat. Also for
    others, the fact that it has as its basis animal cells may be enough to dissuade them.
    Some people dont eat animal fats of any description, even in confectionery and stuff.

In my wife's country when one goes to buy a chicken, one picks it out from a cage, the
    butcher then proceeds to cut its head off with a large knife. He puts it in a stone box
    immediately afterwards so that the blood drains. He then very dexterously skins and
    cuts it up and hands it to you in a bag, still warm. I suspect if many had to buy their
    chicken this way, they may become vegetarians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree