1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 03:061 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its interesting, but for some people they just dont like the texture of meat. Also for
    others, the fact that it has as its basis animal cells may be enough to dissuade them.
    Some people dont eat animal fats of any description, even in confectionery and stuff.

In my wife's country when one goes to buy a chicken, one picks it out from a cage, ...[text shortened]... till warm. I suspect if many had to buy their
    chicken this way, they may become vegetarians.
    same growing up in Hungary. The men killed the bird, the wives plucked it and the grandmothers cooked it. The kids could see the whole process. It didn't make us vegetarians however I did feel way better about my meat eating.

On another note I had a friend who refused to eat meat from when she was four.
    She had absolutely no outside influence to make her decision. It was based purely on her own consience and possibly a past life influence (?).
    Her parents tried to hide the meat in with her veggies and rice and cut it up into little pieces but still she refused or laboriously picked out the meat pieces,(like some bhuddists are told to)
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 04:51
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I'm a vegetarian myself and, yes, I do think the rest of society should be vegetarian.

As for synthetic meat, I have no ethical objection but I would be wary about consumption. The food is untested and it is not known how it will interact with the body.
    I'd rather continue eating my meat - especially a nice piece of fillet BBQ'ed medium to rare with a bit of the red juice still inside 😉 yum yum
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 07:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    same growing up in Hungary. The men killed the bird, the wives plucked it and the grandmothers cooked it. The kids could see the whole process. It didn't make us vegetarians however I did feel way better about my meat eating.

On another note I had a friend who refused to eat meat from when she was four.
    She had absolutely no outside influence to mak ...[text shortened]... t still she refused or laboriously picked out the meat pieces,(like some bhuddists are told to)
    yes that's interesting, the only difference being that the butcher did not pluck the chicken, it was skinned. Yeah i used to get sick when i ate meat, even now if i eat certain thins i just vomit them back up. My brother has been veggie for years, he refuses to eat anything that has come into contact with animal fats.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 07:361 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes that's interesting, the only difference being that the butcher did not pluck the chicken, it was skinned. Yeah i used to get sick when i ate meat, even now if i eat certain thins i just vomit them back up. My brother has been veggie for years, he refuses to eat anything that has come into contact with animal fats.
    Hungarians are raised on fat. Chicken and pork mainly.
    Insane amounts of fat compared with the amounts people use here in Australia.
    Insane amounts of alcohol too, but thats another story.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 07:46
    Hungarians are raised on fat. Chicken and pork mainly.
    Insane amounts of fat compared with the amounts people use here in Australia.
    Insane amounts of alcohol too, but thats another story.
    Lol, this is also interesting, essentially we Scots have a similar diet to the French,
    pastries, sea foods etc the only difference being that the French have table wine, which
    acts like a kind of vinegar in breaking down the fat. They also have a lower instance of
    heart disease as a consequence, but then again, so does the entire western
    hemisphere !
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 20:29
    The movie by the guy whose name I cant get right (Richard Linklaeater??) called "...", someone help me here please. It was a good movie about the meat Industry.
    "Fast Food Nation", if your stomach can handle it, that is
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 10:19
    So what was the point of this thread,avalanche, other than the op. Is this the new trends in threads-just start 'em and leave 'em? 😀
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 11:23
    Since when can we rec posts?
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 18:29
    So what was the point of this thread,avalanche, other than the op. Is this the new trends in threads-just start 'em and leave 'em? 😀
    What's the point of any of these threads?

Personally, I think synthetic meat is a fantastic possibility. We can all be vegan and still have burgers! What's not to like? To hold the moral high-ground while snaffling conscience-free snags... ah man, I hope they get 'em in the shops soon.

Did anybody find an objection? Apparently the process uses horse serum in some capacity. Is that like blood plasma? Or... something... else? I dunno. Sure looking forward to white mcdinner though.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 18:43
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Since when can we rec posts?
    The absolutely cool part is that we can also "de-rec" them.

If I had implemented this, tho, I would've made every de-rec take one off the recs, so it only showed the balance, instead of both sides. As this is now, the "Recommended Posts" list still counts the recs, and the de-recs have absolutely no influence on that, even if they outnumber the recs.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 20:30
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat

Personally, I think synthetic meat is a fantastic possibility. We can all be vegan and still have burgers! What's not to like? To hold the moral high-ground while snaffling conscience-free snags... ah man, I hope they get 'em in the shops soon.

Did anybody find an objection? Apparently the process uses ...[text shortened]... lood plasma? Or... something... else? I dunno. Sure looking forward to white mcdinner though.
    Oh yeah, I went to this veggie asian place and they had everything-I mean EVERYthing All vegetarian. Awesome. Tasted awesome.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 22:33

Did anybody find an objection? Apparently the process uses ...[text shortened]... lood plasma? Or... something... else? I dunno. Sure looking forward to white mcdinner though.
    It is awesome what God has in store for those called by His name.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 17:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is awesome what God has in store for those called by His name.
    I'm sure he'll be pleased with the way you've disregarded so many of his gifts to you.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 07:10
    http://tinyurl.com/3wtalaa

So if meat is no longer murder, is it ok to eat?
    Eating meat is an essential part of the human diet; to deny oneself meat is to deny oneself heath.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 08:00
    I'm sure he'll be pleased with the way you've disregarded so many of his gifts to you.
    What is the main gift I am disregarding?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree