1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 16:33
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well yes I agree the world did in fact end in 1914 and that we are all living in a Sart Trek Holodeck and I am really Captian Picard!!!......

Geez these guys here see one word in a sentense and only see that but don't care to read the rest of the explination.
    I never said the world ended in 1914 anywhere but that certain elements did which the Bible explains. That has also been explianed but obviously no one here can see that part.
    I know dude, but its what they do, they take a concept, saying, premise and attempt to
    twist it, he's been caught here doing it again, you would think they would learn, but no.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 16:421 edit
    stroke me stroke you, stroke me stroke you...
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 17:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I know dude, but its what they do, they take a concept, saying, premise and attempt to
    twist it, he's been caught here doing it again, you would think they would learn, but no.
    He has NO desire to learn or even discuss on any kind of decent level. What a waist but the world is full of such people.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 18:013 edits
    He has NO desire to learn or even discuss on any kind of decent level. What a waist but the world is full of such people.
    Anyone who reads through this thread, or any thread here centred aound the questioning of JW beliefs, and sees how you and robbie duck and dive, hem and haw, obfuscate and avoid...and then sees this comment where you chastise someone else for not having the "desire learn or discuss" will probably wonder about your sanity.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 18:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Anyone reads through this thread, or any thread here centred aound the questioning of JW beliefs, and sees how you and robbie duck and dive, hem and haw, obfuscate and avoid...and then sees this comment where you chastise someone else for not having the "desire learn or discuss" will probalby wonder about your sanity.
    Nutcases .. thats the correct word for them. .. from the WatchTower Asylum. 😀
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 18:48
    Perhaps it's that you guys just don't get the answers we give and most have scriptures to confirm those answers? I would think that is the case just as the Bible calls ones "senseless and not open to any agreement". So it doesn't matter what we say in our answers anyway does it? It's not what you want to hear and certainly not what you can understand.
    Go back to my postings of the term "ridiculers" and read it again and that will explain your situations cleary and why you guys act like you do towards Jehovah. And that is the ironic thing about all of your blasting the JW's with this and that or whatever you can come up with for that week, but that is you ridiculing the God you say you worship! Ha!!! You don't even use his name.... How sad indeed.

Acts 15:14
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

14 Simeon [Peter] has rehearsed how God first visited the Gentiles, to take out of them a people [to bear and honor] His name.

Who's name? God's who's name is Jehovah.

So you who hate that name of God and want to condemn the people that use his name, apparently have some issues with God and need to deal with that. But it seems you can't so we are here to accept the prophecy that Jesus gave that this would indeed happen.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 19:47
    Perhaps it's that you guys just don't get the answers we give and most have scriptures to confirm those answers? I would think that is the case just as the Bible calls ones "senseless and not open to any agreement". So it doesn't matter what we say in our answers anyway does it? It's not what you want to hear and certainly not what you can understand.
    ...[text shortened]... we are here to accept the prophecy that Jesus gave that this would indeed happen.
    I don't "hate" the name of Jehovah, nor do I hate you or robbie. I am a critic of your organisation for reasons well documented by myself and several others here and elsewhere in numerous threads. Your pleas of persecution by aposates who don't "listen" to you may be appealling to your cult mentality, but it really doesn't carry weight in the wider debate forum.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 20:071 edit
    Well yes I agree the world did in fact end in 1914 and that we are all living in a Sart Trek Holodeck and I am really Captian Picard!!!......

Geez these guys here see one word in a sentense and only see that but don't care to read the rest of the explination.
    I never said the world ended in 1914 anywhere but that certain elements did which the Bible explains. That has also been explianed but obviously no one here can see that part.
    G-man this is a case in point however in written word how can there be any precision so that a reader may understand if one thing or word is written but the meaning is not really the meaning ? If I say "in 2015 the world system will be finished" what does the word finished mean?

Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 20:16
    I admire the tenacity in which the Jehovah's hit the street and try and talk to people. If other sects of Christians did the same well be interesting. I admire anything good they do for the world. However my issues with the Watch Tower is doctrinal and historical. I don't like the control in which the Watch Tower places on it's people. I look at it from this point of view. I don't dislike anyone from said group. I know they are people just like anyone some very good people even 🙂

Manny
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '12 20:182 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    G-man this is a case in point however in written word how can there be any precision so that a reader may understand if one thing or word is written but the meaning is not really the meaning ? If I say "in 2015 the world system will be finished" what does the word finished mean?

Manny
    The prophecy of Daniel is quite specific,

(Daniel 9:24-27) . . .“There are seventy weeks that have been determined upon
    your people and upon your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, and to
    finish off sin, and to make atonement for error, and to bring in righteousness for
    times indefinite, and to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet, and to anoint the
    Holy of Holies. And you should know and have the insight [that] from the going
    forth of [the] word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah [the] Leader,
    there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks. She will return and be actually
    rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in the straits of the times. “And after the
    sixty-two weeks Messiah will be cut off, with nothing for himself. “And the city and
    the holy place the people of a leader that is coming will bring to their ruin. And the
    end of it will be by the flood. And until [the] end there will be war; what is decided
    upon is desolations. “And he must keep [the] covenant in force for the many for
    one week; and at the half of the week he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to
    cease. “And upon the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing
    desolation; and until an extermination, the very thing decided upon will go pouring
    out also upon the one lying desolate.”

and is rather interesting to be honest. See if you can work out what it means,
    starting point is the word going forth to rebuild Jerusalem.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 03:50

Manny
    Well I agree that if they take one word and they don't understand then they react they way they do. It's not right but that is human nature.
    But if I were honestly asked by a couple people here what I meant and in a way I knew they were really asking in a decent way, I'd answer. But so far they haven't.
    But I will for you.
    In 1914 the world changed as you and have have been discussing. I sent you a few quotes that that have been made by historians and there are many more form other respected people from many countries that agree.
    The Bible makes it clear that at some time Jesus would cast Sayan out of heaven and he would be confined to the earth never to be allowed to return to heaven.
    We know by the Bible giving clues and time periods to go by, that happened in 1914. It is said the Bible that it was going to happen and all indicates it did in 1914 as that prophecy was not put into the Bible for simply no reason. It was going happen sometime, right?
    As a result of Satan being defeated by Jesus, as again was fortold in the Bible, Satan now has turned his full furry to the earth and the results of that were seen with the first ever world war on this planet and this prompted the start of the "last days" of this system.
    So what I was implying about the world ending on some levels is the fact that the relative peace that the world as a whole has know from basically the flood, changed and has never been the same since.
    Yes there has always been wars but nothing like the war in 1914 and the following world war and all the wars since.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 03:571 edit
    In 1914 the world changed as you and have have been discussing. [text shortened] We know by the Bible giving clues and time periods to go by, that happened in 1914. It is said the Bible that it was going to happen and all indicates it did in 1914 as that prophecy was not put into the Bible for simply no reason.
    robbie has conceded that the JW prophecy in the OP was mistaken. But you're saying that the prophecy is right - or, at least, not mistaken. How can you both be right? You clearly said that the world had changed 'in a way we couldn't understand' in 1914, and robbie has said that you didn't say that. How can you both be right?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 04:08
    I admire the tenacity in which the Jehovah's hit the street and try and talk to people. If other sects of Christians did the same well be interesting. I admire anything good they do for the world. However my issues with the Watch Tower is doctrinal and historical. I don't like the control in which the Watch Tower places on it's people. I look at it from thi ...[text shortened]... said group. I know they are people just like anyone some very good people even 🙂

Manny
    Thanks Manny. It would be nice if others here would show that respect and maybe just admire a little bit of what we do. But it seems their distaste goes deep. But then that is clearly stated in the Bible that many would love to put us to death. I know that sounds extreme but Jesus said it will happen.
    I've stateted this before and I would not trust RAJK with anyone of my family if he lost control of his senses. Just my opinion but I have the right to that.

One thing I'd still like to answer and is I'm on the inside of the JW organization. I have been for over 50 years. My father was an elder and I was privy to some things I probably shouldn't have heard but I did.
    Not ever have I seen or heard from anyone that there is somekind of mind control on any level from anyone in the congregations including the few I've known that were disfellowshipped.
    But there is a real command from the Bible to keep the congrgations clean of anyone PRACTICING a sinful action. Notice the word PRACTICING just as the Bible says.
    If one desides they will continue the practicing of a sin, they will be removed form the congrgation just as God commands. That is black and white in every Bible on this planet.
    We are also clearly told by the Bible that we are to be "of one mind and one thought" when it comes to our beliefs and in complete agreement. So yes we are and that is not any kind of mind control at all but simply the result of listening to God and believeing what he says. There is not ((((((((((((( 1 )))))))))))))) thing that we believe that is in the Bible. Just because most don't understand that, does not change that fact.
    So my question here to all is how could a religion not be of "one thought and one mind" and be approved by God or be doing what he says? Is God a God of "whatever goes is fine with me"? If so, why do we even have the Bible?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 04:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    robbie has conceded that the JW prophecy in the OP was mistaken. But you're saying that the prophecy is right - or, at least, not mistaken. How can you both be right? You clearly said that the world had changed 'in a way we couldn't understand' in 1914, and robbie has said that you didn't say that. How can you both be right?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 04:16
    You keep claiming you've made yourself clear. But you haven't. In fact, you've seemed unusually defensive and deflective. robbie has contradicted you and you have contradicted him. Here is the question once again: is the JW prediction in the OP mistaken or not mistaken?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree