Hasn't it become obvious

Hasn't it become obvious

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
22 Mar 11

Originally posted by lausey
See bbarr's posts in Thread 135383.
I saw that post. It appears to me that the Law quoted therein is the one,word to word, appearing in Manu Smriti which is one of the Hindu Civil Codes of the yore.Yes, Manu Smriti was very much discriminatory and cruel in respect of women as well as in respect of the Shudras who were down at the bottom of the Casteist Hierarchy. Copies of Manu Smriti were burnt by followers of Dr.Ambedkar( a well known Social Reformer and a leading architect of Indian Constitution) in the early and late forties of the last century. Yet Manu Smriti also says that " Where women are idolized,the Gods there abide" !!!
The point is what is preached by the Lord Krishna in Gita or Bhagawat which is the basis of ISCKON, is nowhere discriminatory against women. May be Bhaktivedant was guilty of the atrocious saying.If he was,he is to be condemned.

Z

Moves
22 Mar 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
To twhitehead and lausey:-
Both of you are indicating that a set of "good" principles gets eventually corrupted in the hands of Men.
twhitehead is saying that " Christianity" was used to justify apartheid and slavery.
lausey is saying nearly the same thing,which what I was saying namely Christian principles so idealistic and humanitarian cannot be blam ...[text shortened]... t in any Religion to be blamed for wrongdoings of some of the followers of these religions ?
you and twhite are saying the exact thing. this post is redundant

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
22 Mar 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
you and twhite are saying the exact thing. this post is redundant
twhitehead had tried to counter my earlier post by saying Christianity was used to justify et al.
I had to point out out his error. Besides there were other points from their posts which needed to be replied. My post is not superfluous.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Mar 11

Which Religion do you mean that Dasa has embraced which has warped his mind ? Dasa is a Hindu and probably believes in the way of Bhaktivedant Prabhupadswamy's teachings i.e. the teachings followed by ISCKON people. Nothing in that that might warp his mind.
Nobody can believe that teachings of such a flexible and open religion as Hinduism can warp anybody's mind.
Bhaktivedant Prabhupadswamy

My mind warped trying to read that name. 😉

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
22 Mar 11

Originally posted by josephw
[b]Bhaktivedant Prabhupadswamy

My mind warped trying to read that name. 😉[/b]
Yes,it is a tongue twister, is it not ? But so are some German compound nouns ! Sanskrit language allows you to fuse two/more words in a predetermined grammatical manner to make a third etc. word. Prabhupadswamy is three words fused together meaning the Lord of the feet of God making him sort of a king among the Saints.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
22 Mar 11

I have said repeatedly that I will not respond to foolish enquiry.

If a person cannot ask a question without being contemptuous, silly, manipulative or baiting then dont ask the question.

Cape Town

Moves
22 Mar 11

To twhitehead and lausey:-
Both of you are indicating that a set of "good" principles gets eventually corrupted in the hands of Men.
No, I am not. I quite clearly said that the principles themselves were quite clearly in support of racism and slavery. Those are not "good" principles.

twhithead says the OT God was supportive of slavery and racism. He surely means the people living at the time of Old Testament/people who have written Old Testament were in support of slavery and racism. Why drag the concept of God in these things ?
Because its a religion of course. Why else would anyone care what the ancient Jews believed regarding slavery and racism? I mentioned God specifically because in the OT he is reportedly in support of racism and slavery and it is this that his followers of more recent times use to justify their own actions.

Are the idealistic principles which are evident in any Religion to be blamed for wrongdoings of some of the followers of these religions ?
I made it quite clear that it was not the idealistic principles to blame but the less than idealistic principles. Most religions include some less than idealistic principles.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
22 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I just dont know why he comes along and starts all these cut n paste threads, or so many threads of any kind.
All the while leaving other questions unasnwered in other threads or refusing to engage in debates with people who he thinks are "dishonest",etc.

You're not debating much here,(if at all), Dasa, you're are just putting up Vedic philosophy.
...[text shortened]... pirituality, which to me says their minds are not as closed as you would have make out.
I am not in this forum to debate.

I have no interest in debating.

I present truth and expose error, and if some one wants to expand on that with genuine enquiry .....then a discussion can then follow.

Most enquiries are silly and manipulative or of a baiting nature, and I will not continue with that.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Mar 11

Do you all hear that?

Dasa is not here to debate.

I think it is time to do as divegeester suggests.

AH

Moves
22 Mar 11
3 edits

Hay! just as you thought he couldn't get any worse, look at what he just said on his
“ Those big bad cheating science people. (more basics)  “ thread:

“.... scientists who do not see design are CHILD ABUSERS ...” (my emphasis, his quote)

Unbelievable!

If he hadn’t gone “too far” before then he certainly has gone “too far” this time!
I felt compelled to put the record straight on that one thus going a bit against the advice of this thread (at least this time round).

Moves
23 Mar 11
1 edit

Don't feed the troll.

As vishvahetu/dasa's subscription draws to an end, he will become increasingly abusive in an attempt to appear radical and draw more attention to himself.

Those who have attempted to follow his posts will see how his "drama" has progressively increased in recent weeks and his use of language such as "child abusers", "syphilis of brain", "a 7 year old child with cerebral palsy" and "stool eating pigs" for examples are there to catch the eye and draw people in.

He is a fraud and I suggest ignoring him as you would any other troll.

Z

Moves
23 Mar 11

twhitehead had tried to counter my earlier post by saying Christianity was used to justify et al.
I had to point out out his error. Besides there were other points from their posts which needed to be replied. My post is not superfluous.
dude. he said christianity could be used to justify evil stuff, you said that christianity could be used to justify evil stuff.

you didn't add something new or disagreed with him. you just reposted his opinion in other words.

Z

Moves
23 Mar 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Don't feed the troll.

As vishvahetu/dasa's subscription draws to an end, he will become increasingly abusive in an attempt to appear radical and draw more attention to himself.

Those who have attempted to follow his posts will see how his "drama" has progressively increased in recent weeks and his use of language such as "child abusers", "syphili ...[text shortened]... ple in.

He is a fraud and I suggest ignoring him as you would any other troll.
i have been ignoring vishva before it became mainstream

Moves
23 Mar 11

i have been ignoring vishva before it became mainstream
Foresight is a great thing!

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
23 Mar 11

dude. he said christianity could be used to justify evil stuff, you said that christianity could be used to justify evil stuff.

you didn't add something new or disagreed with him. you just reposted his opinion in other words.
I said that Christianity cannot be blamed for the evil things.Some people professing Christianity or belonging to Christian Religion who were behind the atrocities like apartheid/slavery of Negroes should be blamed. Christianity and Christian people are two different things.Please do read my posts more carefully.
I also request you not to use a pejorative term like"dude".Let us address each other like the Gentlemen that we are.