1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 08:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So there IS a difference??
    don't worry too much about him, when he wants to be understood he will make sense.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 10:17
    So there IS a difference??
    If you state that A is an empty set and B is a non-empty set, then surely you're already affirming that A =/= B.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 11:571 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    If you state that A is an empty set and B is a non-empty set, then surely you're already affirming that A =/= B.
    That wasn't his question.

He asked if he is correct in assuming that A does not equal B.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 14:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    That wasn't his question.

He asked if he is correct in assuming that A does not equal B.
    Thanks for showing your idiocy again.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 14:242 edits
    Thanks for showing your idiocy again.
    glad i could help

EDIT: in case you don't get it, there is a /sarcasm after the above statement
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 14:30
    Maybe when I wa like 15 I wouldv'e 'hated' a bully or whatever, but not these days.
    but if that bully couldn't have beaten or humiliated you, would you still have hated him? would it still be hate or simply dislike, pity, maybe even repulsion towards a petty person? and if so, what changed the sentiment of hate into the latters? could it have been that fear was gone and only thing left was the knowledge the bully is an unlikeable individual?
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 15:01
    glad i could help

EDIT: in case you don't get it, there is a /sarcasm after the above statement
    It always amazes me how much idiots like to repeat themselves and hope for the best.

Did I say that before?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 15:06
    It always amazes me how much idiots like to repeat themselves and hope for the best.

Did I say that before?
    it is alright you don't have to explain. i understand and totally feel for you.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 15:10
    it is alright you don't have to explain. i understand and totally feel for you.
    Great. We now have an understanding. I hope you can refrain from butting in my exchanges with other posters when all you have to say are trite comments.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 15:121 edit
    Great. We now have an understanding. I hope you can refrain from butting in my exchanges with other posters when all you have to say are trite comments.
    not what i meant but yes, this conversation should end. thank you for being so civilised and considerate.

/sarcasm

edit: exchanges with other posters? what exchanges? you simply argued with him (wrongly) about whether his post makes sense or not. in fact you haven't contributed anything to this thread. but congratulations. your trolling gets better, you tricked me into responding.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:25
    but if that bully couldn't have beaten or humiliated you, would you still have hated him? would it still be hate or simply dislike, pity, maybe even repulsion towards a petty person? and if so, what changed the sentiment of hate into the latters? could it have been that fear was gone and only thing left was the knowledge the bully is an unlikeable individual?
    Yeah, something like that. The fear was gone
  12. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 23:39
    I dont hate anyone. I do however dislike some people. Is there a difference?
    I interpret this pragmatically to be a question about how we might distinguish extreme dislike and hate. Is that right?

In other words, you think that you don't hate anybody, but reflecting on the fact that you do dislike some people, you wonder whether you might be mistaken and that some of your more extreme dislikes actually amount to hatred?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    I interpret this pragmatically to be a question about how we might distinguish extreme dislike and hate. Is that right?

In other words, you think that you don't hate anybody, but reflecting on the fact that you do dislike some people, you wonder whether you might be mistaken and that some of your more extreme dislikes actually amount to hatred?
    Thats a pretty good interpretation of my quandry. Would you say that my actions,(derived from my thoughts), towards someone I dislike would indicate wether I'm leaning towards hate or dislike?
  14. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 00:41
    Thats a pretty good interpretation of my quandry. Would you say that my actions,(derived from my thoughts), towards someone I dislike would indicate wether I'm leaning towards hate or dislike?
    Yes, I think that often actions are good way to discern the nature of a propositional attitude.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '10 00:49
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    Yes, I think that often actions are good way to discern the nature of a propositional attitude.
    Yes, but not always.
    I have the sort of nature that lets my thoughts turn into words and actions as directly as possible. Some others let their thoughts build up(supress them).

Do you think hate leads to anger,(I'm assuming you do), and that the subsequent anger leads to memory loss? I have observed this phenomena many times and often wonder why people let themselves continue with the ensuing vicious circle(s)?
    But one question at a time,eh? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree