dendrochronology
    This is a good "word-of-the-day". 🙂
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 03:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Because religion sucks the very humanity out of mankind that we possess. All the wars caused by religions fighting each other, like Islam coming out of the gate militarily as soon as it was formed 1500 years ago, like the Crusades, like the inquisitions(there is still an inquisition office open in Peru), like the burning at the stake of apostates or unbelie ...[text shortened]... oing on to this day.

A real god would set such an insane system up? Not in THIS universe.
    So you know what a real god would do, do you?
    I think you are right about religion, if that is all you or anyone has they are missing
    out on the real thing.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 05:33
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So you know what a real god would do, do you?
    I think you are right about religion, if that is all you or anyone has they are missing
    out on the real thing.
    Kelly
    That is dumb to not believe in a God just because there is killing in this world.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 06:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That is dumb to not believe in a God just because there is killing in this world.
    It is dumb to think that anyone is as you describe. Stop wasting every bodies time with strawmen.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 08:22
    Originally posted by Kepler
    evil-lution? What's that?

Your version definitely conflicts with ages obtained by radiometric dating. That is based on quantum mechanics and particle physics. Falsify those areas of physics and you might get my attention. I won't be holding my breath though.
    I will repeat this video link explaining how radiometric dating of rocks is supposed to work, since you apparently do not understand radiometric dating of rocks.

YouTube
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 08:381 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    and cosmology
    and dendrochronology
    and carbon dating
    and geology
    and plate tectonics
    and biology
    and physics
    and chemistry
    and logic
    Assumptions are made in radiometric dating.

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 14:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Assumptions are made in radiometric dating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOAkr8gG9wY
    Yeah, just like your scripted video you posted in science. Guy just HAPPENS to be a prof at a university in New Orleans. Big flag right there but you can just visualize the Q cards off camera so they don't go off script. They REALLY need better acting coaches.

I put up the real deal on the science forum.
    But I doubt you would want to read something actually scientific with no bias, just how they do it, for instance, by correlating several different radiometric methods but creationist asssholes don't like to bring that part up, just tear at one method and ignoring the others.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:22
    Yeah, just like your scripted video you posted in science. Guy just HAPPENS to be a prof at a university in New Orleans. Big flag right there but you can just visualize the Q cards off camera so they don't go off script. They REALLY need better acting coaches.

I put up the real deal on the science forum.
    But I doubt you would want to read something ac ...[text shortened]... t asssholes don't like to bring that part up, just tear at one method and ignoring the others.
    We are dealing with spirituality views here. Take your scientific views back to the Science Forum. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:561 edit
    The original post is very good, very good, religious numbnuts do a lot of wrong, and whilst i respect there freedoms some would not do the same in return. Freedom from religion is very important yes, just as much as freedom of religion.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 08:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    All I want is freedom FROM "freedom FROM religion".

Okay, you're atheist, I get it. Stop shoving it down my throat.
    So for you all the abuses I mentioned are all ok because god is just or some such?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 11:15
    I would like to live and work and advance in Provo without being pressured to become a Mormon.

I would like to walk around in Iran as a clear westerner without being the subject of a jihad.

I would like to be a gay person in trouble and going to a Salvation Army post and not get turned out BECAUSE I am gay.

I would like to be in Sudan without havin ...[text shortened]... n.

I want to live in a society where there is freedom FROM religion not freedom OF religion.
    You don't need religion involved to have people tell you what you can and cannot
    do, what you can think, and so on.
    Kelly
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 13:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You don't need religion involved to have people tell you what you can and cannot
    do, what you can think, and so on.
    Kelly
    Nevertheless, religion is involved in all the things he mentioned that he wants freedom from.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 16:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Nevertheless, religion [b]is involved in all the things he mentioned that he wants freedom from.[/b]
    I think religion is meant to help bind a community together in respect and love. However, it often times oversteps those goals and attempts to do too much, like the Roman Catholic Church. Governments are formed for a similar reason, so the community can take care of larger tasks to benefit all the people and those governments are seen to overstep those goals and attempt to do to much, also, like the Roman Empire. The complaint is heard about big government then.

I believe that a person must not look out to others to provide the desired happiness, but that person must look within to find God waiting there.
  14. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think religion is meant to help bind a community together in respect and love. However, it often times oversteps those goals and attempts to do too much, like the Roman Catholic Church. Governments are formed for a similar reason, so the community can take care of larger tasks to benefit all the people and those governments are seen to overstep those goa ...[text shortened]... rs to provide the desired happiness, but that person must look within to find God waiting there.
    When religion becomes state, thats when people need protection from it, why I wouldn't convert to Islam. But government can be just as bad, in russia people needed more protecting from stalin... I think mostly religions provide protection, rather then people needing to be protected from them. But there are exceptions yes.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '13 09:34
    Originally posted by e4chris
    The original post is very good, very good, religious numbnuts do a lot of wrong, and whilst i respect there freedoms some would not do the same in return. Freedom from religion is very important yes, just as much as freedom of religion.
    So now you've decided not to join that gay accepting Christian church?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree