Originally posted by SwissGambit
For the Christians in the audience...
1) No one sins in heaven
2) There is no pain, suffering or death in heaven
3) The people in heaven have free will
If these premises are true, why did God create Earth and Hell at all? Why not just create Heaven, and fill it with enlightened people who always choose to do the right thing?
If one or more premise is false, which one is it and why?
1.Actually its not quite true that no one in heaven sins, for example, we have this rather famous incident,
(Revelation 12:7-10) . . .And war broke out in heaven
: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven.
2. Why did God create the earth?
(Isaiah 45:18) . . .For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the true God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited. . .
(Psalm 115:16) . . .As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.
Thus while heaven was intended to be an abode of spiritual entities, the earth was given as an abode for mankind.
3. Freewill necessitates that a person has choice in a matter and can make a wise or an unwise decision within certain parameters, anything else and they become auto-bots.
4. It must be noted that there are no people in heaven, only spiritual entities,
(1 Corinthians 15:50) . . .However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom. . .