1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    31 May '05 22:54
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Take it light... Good people will burn forever.

Nope.

ES

Who says ?
  2. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 May '05 22:54
    I have a question for non-Christians here. I'd like to know why, in many of these discussion forums, you seem to be so critical. I have a few ideas but I'd really like to know why. Will someone be kind enough to inform me?
  3. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 May '05 22:572 edits
    Originally posted by bbarr
    You have a purpose? Wait, let me guess, your purpose is to do missionary work on internet chess sites? You must have drawn the short stick at your last Bible Study meeting.
    If someone here comes to know the Lord Jesus because of our work here, than I consider my purpose more than worthwhile.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:01
    Phlabibit and Ivenhoe, if good people could go to heaven then Jesus came and died for no reason.

He came to seek and save what was lost.

If you could be good to go to heaven then there is no point in religion, being a muslim, mormon or catholic.

We all know that catholics think that theres is the only right religion and if that where true then why do they always say that they are a good person?
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:01
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    I have a question for non-Christians here. I'd like to know why, in many of these discussion forums, you seem to be so critical. I have a few ideas but I'd really like to know why. Will someone be kind enough to inform me?
    'Cause we think your worldview is stupid and mean, and we don't like being preached at, especially by idiots who can't make sense of their own Bible.
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:031 edit
    If someone here comes to know the Lord Jesus because of our work here, than I consider my purpose more than worthwhile.
    If anybody comes to know Jesus as he intended himself to be known, then it will be despite your "work" here in the forums. Chances are, if Jesus threw a dart from Heaven, he would hit a better representative than you and your idolatrous ilk.
  7. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:05
    Ok, what is mean about our worldview, and would you really be participating in these discussions if you don't like being preached at?
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:111 edit
    Ok, what is mean about our worldview, and would you really be participating in these discussions if you don't like being preached at?
    I would prefer to never be preached at. When I am preached at, I mock those who preach at me. Sometimes, even when I am not preached at, I mock those who preach at others, especially when they are stupid.

Your worldview is mean because you think that humanity is essentially wicked and in need of redemption by your silly, made-up God. Your worldview is mean because you fail to recognize and value all that is noble and beautiful about our nature. You are only able to recognize these qualities in humankind if you attribute their presence, ultimately, to grace. Your worldview is mean because you take minor moral infractions as sufficient grounds for eternal punishment. Your worldview is mean because you take morally irrelevant features of some persons, like homosexuality, as sufficient grounds for eternal damnation. Your worldview is mean because you denigrate freedom, and raise on high a life spent under the thumb of some mythical megalomaniac. The list goes on, and on, and on...
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:19
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Who says ?
    Rb said. Good people don't go to heaven, only the 'saved'.

ES
  10. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:27
    I would prefer to never be preached at. When I am preached at, I mock those who preach at me. Sometimes, even when I am not preached at, I mock those who preach at others, especially when they are stupid.
    Ok so maybe I don't have a purpose here. It seems to me most others here share your perspective. So I simply won't post here anymore.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:29
    Ok so maybe I don't have a purpose here. It seems to me most others here share your perspective. So I simply won't post here anymore.
    Now don't run off just yet, we want to save you now.

You need some tolerance for others, in my mind. I don't think Jesus wanted to save a private club who went for a single 'church'. Jesus wants to save mankind.

Let's talk about that, if you like.

ES
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:31
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    But you are an atheist, there are no such things as good atheist because they hate Christians. And hate is a bad thing not a good thing.
    As I've stated many times I'm not an atheist; hopefully God (if He exists) will forgive you for being a liar. And atheists don't necessarily "hate" Christians; they think Christians and Muslims and Hindus and Jews are wrong to believe in a God. So you need to be forgiven for lying about them, too.
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:31
    Don't let the door hit your big fat head on the way out.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:392 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Rb said. Good people don't go to heaven, only the 'saved'.

ES

RB said it, I see ...... I would say that is the fallacy of Appeal to False Authority 😉
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    31 May '05 23:43
    Don't let the door hit your big fat head on the way out.

These kind of things really get you going, right BBarr ? You lose all your cool .... amazing ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree