Heaven

Heaven

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
31 May 05

Good people don't go to heaven, but forgiven people do.

l

London

Moves
31 May 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
Where do good people go?

R

California

Moves
31 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Where do good people go?
Well, if you are not forgiven your are already going to hell as does John 3:36 says.

R

California

Moves
31 May 05

In the Bible God never says taht being good gets you to heaven he said through Jesus is the only way John 14:6.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
31 May 05

Well, if yoou are not forgiven your are already going to hell as does John 3:36 says.
So if you're the nicest, friendliest, most religious person and never, ever do anything wrong so can't be forgiven... does that mean you don't go to Heaven?

R

California

Moves
31 May 05

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
So if you're the nicest, friendliest, most religious person and never, ever do anything wrong so can't be forgiven... does that mean you don't go to Heaven?
The Bible says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

And the wages of sin is death

Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23

Romans 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction; 23 since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
31 May 05

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.[/b]
Is not a "gift" something that is given without being asked for (and given freely without the expectation of something in return)?

M

Moves
31 May 05
1 edit

In the Bible God never says taht being good gets you to heaven he said through Jesus is the only way John 14:6.
This is a fundamentalist corruption of a valid spiritual teaching.

The idea behind "Jesus is the only way" is that Christ is a representative of or a symbol for truth. In terms of waking up out of delusions, "truth" is indeed the "only way". But once you make that truth into a particular form, you have corrupted what is inherently formless. Worse, you have given birth to a lie of monumental proportions.

The idea that "Christianity is the only way" (or Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, etc.) is a lie of monumental proportions.

The idea that truth is the only way is valid, and is the heart of all philosophic inquiry and spiritual development.

All that is left is then to discover what "truth" is, and this forms the basis of each person's personal psychological and spiritual growth, in accordance with their desire to know this truth.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 May 05

You better hope so.

ES

R

California

Moves
31 May 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You better hope so.

ES
I don't hope so, I know so.

1 John 5:13

C

Earth Prime

Moves
31 May 05

Originally posted by dags
Is not a "gift" something that is given without being asked for (and given freely without the expectation of something in return)?
Yes, exactly, but you still have to accept it

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 May 05

I don't hope so, I know so.

1 John 5:13
The Bible, 1 John 3:18
Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

What does that mean to you? It screams to me that you are the one who better worry.

ES

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 May 05

Get around to reading Matthew 25 and James 2 yet?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Get around to reading Matthew 25 and James 2 yet?
How could he? He's too busy damning good people to Hell.

I've got a feeling he's just being a Troll, that's what I hope anyway since his ideas are so very ignorant. Just as ignorant as the one rec he got for posting this thread.

To think Jesus wants good people in Hell is just about the most ignorant thing I can think of. I am quite sure Jesus wouldn't want RB to be his spokesman.

RanT!!!

ES

b

Moves
31 May 05

Mark 10:17 Now as Jesus was starting out on his way, someone ran up to him, fell on his knees, and said, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 10:18 Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? NO ONE IS GOOD EXCEPT GOD ALONE.

RBHill doesn't damn anyone to hell. He simply speaks the truth of Jesus Christ. God is the only one who damns people to hell.