1. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jun '12 18:03
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    end of ice age, lots of land ice melts. floods all over the world. most of the people live on coasts. most of the people will have flood stories.
    Its not just ice ages. Many people live near large rivers (and their deltas). Large rivers tend to flood. It happens quite regularly even to this day all around the world. There were floods in China just this last month.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '12 20:281 edit
    no worries on that front, i made no modifications that misrepresented the original post.

[quote]
    So if you do NOT have total understanding, then perhaps there is a soul of man that lives on after the body dies, right? Maybe there is a spiritual Heaven and Hell, right? And perhaps there is a God that created life and we did not evolve from some othe ified. the bible has already been falsified. relegate that nonsense to our library of myths.
    How is it possible for people to falsify the Holy Bible, unless they understand what the Holy Bible is saying? Biblical scholars who have actually studied it find that it is extremely accurate when all evidence, including recently discovered archaeological evidence, is considered. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '12 20:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its not just ice ages. Many people live near large rivers (and their deltas). Large rivers tend to flood. It happens quite regularly even to this day all around the world. There were floods in China just this last month.
    Again numbnuts, we are talking about a worldwide flood in which only a few people are saved, not routine flooding of lands which happen all the time. Please get your head out!
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 01:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How is it possible for people to falsify the Holy Bible, unless they understand what the Holy Bible is saying? Biblical scholars who have actually studied it find that it is extremely accurate when all evidence, including recently discovered archaeological evidence, is considered. 🙄

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
    the bible is falsified, that's old hat. i've discussed some of the various points in this forum to that conclusion. it's irrelevant that you were not able to accept or understand those conclusions.

real scholars find few things in the bible that are credible.

archeological evidence isn't proof of the bible stories. we have the pillars of heracles. those aren't proof that heracles went around fighting 7 headed hydras. it only proves that the people who wrote the stories were familiar with the names of those places (no guff).
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 03:25
    the bible is falsified, that's old hat. i've discussed some of the various points in this forum to that conclusion. it's irrelevant that you were not able to accept or understand those conclusions.

real scholars find few things in the bible that are credible.

archeological evidence isn't proof of the bible stories. we have the pillars of heracle ...[text shortened]... at the people who wrote the stories were familiar with the names of those places (no guff).
    Where did you get your proof? I bet it was from some atheist website. 😏
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 05:171 edit
    Where did you get your proof? I bet it was from some atheist website. 🙄
    i got my proof from reading the bible. it's a self-defeating text that anybody with half a brain and some reasoning ability can find out on their own.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 06:13
    i got my proof from reading the bible. it's a self-defeating text that anybody with half a brain and some reasoning ability can find out on their own.
    Well, that rules out you, numbnuts. 😏
  8. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 10:32
    Again numbnuts, we are talking about a worldwide flood in which only a few people are saved, not routine flooding of lands which happen all the time. Please get your head out!
    More nasty language from a false prophet?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 17:451 edit
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    More nasty language from a false prophet?
    I am not a prophet. I am an American citizen claiming my right to free speech. 😏
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 18:222 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Exactly which Sumerian god are you talking about??

I wouldn't exactly be so quick to equate the monotheistic religion of the Hebrews with the polytheistic religion of the Sumerians.

The Samaritans, on the other hand, were merely citizens of Samaria, which was the capital of the Kingdom of Israel during the reign of Omri. So yeah, I guess they were He rians.

You really should make an effort to know what you are talking about before you post.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

YHVH was originally one of El's grandchildren or something.

Here's a book to look at:

tinyurl.com/76y3bao
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 19:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

YHVH was originally one of El's grandchildren or something.

Here's a book to look at:

tinyurl.com/76y3bao
    Or something? I think you need some education. As your reference points out El is a word in many ancient languages that means "deity" and can refer to the true God or a false god.

YHVH or YHWH is the Hebrew for "I AM WHO I AM" and is shortened to YH meaning "I AM". YH is YAH, as in HalleluYAH meaning "praise YAH" or "praise the Lord" as is commonly said today. This was the name the true God told Moses to call Him. Later Christ, as the Son of God, came in the flesh in His Father's name YAH. The actual name given to Christ, meaning" the annointed One" was "YAHshua" meaning "YAH saves". He was prophecied to be called "Immanuel" meaning "God with us", which He is by many Christians today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton

YAHshua came down to us English speakers from Hebrew by way of the Greek and Latin as Jesus. The "Y" or "I" sound was later replace by a new English letter "J" for a hard sound.

http://theletterj.followersofyah.com/
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 19:55
    http://www.biblicalheritage.org/God/el-goi.htm
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jun '12 20:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.biblicalheritage.org/God/el-goi.htm
    This guy has a complete misunderstanding of El and YHWH. El is not a personal name of God or a god. It is a generic name meaning "deity" as your first referenced link had pointed out. YHWH or YH for short is the personal name of the true "El" or "Elohim" (GOD in three persons).

14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 01:11
    This guy has a complete misunderstanding of El and YHWH. El is not a personal name of God or a god. It is a generic name meaning "deity" as your first referenced link had pointed out. YHWH or YH for short is the personal name of the true "El" or "Elohim" (GOD in three persons).

you're the one who has no clue. "el" is the name of the supreme deity of the sumerians. it later expanded through sumerian influence to become a generic word for deity in the region.

in the bible, the hebrew tribal deity was originally identified as "el shaddai"
    the hebrews later adopted yhvh (yahweh), the name of another local deity, an edomite storm god... appearing to them with all the huhu of dark storm clouds. the rival of baal.

the hebrews picked up on civilization and religion from the many cities they ransacked. sort of like the mongols, in miniature.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 04:02
    you're the one who has no clue. "el" is the name of the supreme deity of the sumerians. it later expanded through sumerian influence to become a generic word for deity in the region.

in the bible, the hebrew tribal deity was originally identified as "el shaddai"
    the hebrews later adopted yhvh (yahweh), the name of another local deity, an edomite sto ...[text shortened]... and religion from the many cities they ransacked. sort of like the mongols, in miniature.
    You are so convinced of your own wisdom that it is useless to present any truth to you to dispel such ignorance. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree