1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    28 Jun '12 18:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are so convinced of your own wisdom that it is useless to present any truth to you to dispel such ignorance. 🙄
    that's just another way of saying "you win"

thanks, i accept your surrender.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 13:53
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    that's just another way of saying "you win"

thanks, i accept your surrender.
    Me no surrender! Me takum scalp! 😏
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 22:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You may try to present the Hebrews as being polytheistic all you want. Certainly don't let any facts get in your way.

Of course the Hebrews were monotheistic. This is documented all the way back to Abraham, and certainly by the time of Moses (you could see this in Exodus and the first commandment of the Ten Commandments). This was long before the Babylonian exile.
    RJH might agree they worshipped 1 God then but he has a problem trying to explain that all of a sudden they started to believe he is a three being God even though there is not one mention of them changing to that belief in the Bible. That belief did not become doctrine until the Council of Nicaea.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '12 22:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    RJH might agree they worshipped 1 God then but he has a problem trying to explain that all of a sudden they started to believe he is a three being God even though there is not one mention of them changing to that belief in the Bible. That belief did not become doctrine until the Council of Nicaea.
    This is one of the few times I can agree with a JW.

The bible read literally really does not support the idea of JC also being god or god being a three
    part being.

And this was a controversy in early Christianity that was arbitrarily decided at the Council of Nicaea.

However reading the bible literally also declares that slavery is fine and that unmarried women who
    are raped should be made to marry the rapist...

So lets hear it for non-literal readings of the bible... Otherwise known as just making s**t up.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '12 05:44
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    This is one of the few times I can agree with a JW.

The bible read literally really does not support the idea of JC also being god or god being a three
    part being.

And this was a controversy in early Christianity that was arbitrarily decided at the Council of Nicaea.

However reading the bible literally also declares that slavery is fine and th ...[text shortened]... So lets hear it for non-literal readings of the bible... Otherwise known as just making s**t up.
    You and the JWs are wrong in your understanding of the Trinity. The word "persons" has many more meanings today than it had when the Doctrine of the Trinity was agreed upon as the truth about the nature of God. Three persons did not mean three beings to the Christians back then. The three persons of the Trinity are of one being.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinitarianism

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree