Hebrews 10:26 - Context & Questions

Hebrews 10:26 - Context & Questions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Oct 15

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] The fatal nature of a life of sin:

Mar 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Better no hand and into Gods Kingdom than hands and you get thrown into the lake of fire. Some Christians will enter eternal dam ...[text shortened]... all the more to come boldly to the throne of grace to receive timely help and mercy to overcome.
Christ said nothing about suffer loss. Interesting how you interpret the Bible so that there is leniency toward Christians and maximum hostility toward others. The. Christian can commit the most sick depraved of sins and your judgement would be just suffer loss. But nonchristians can live good lives and you would happily cast them into the lake of fire to suffer for all eternity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15
4 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Christ said nothing about suffer loss. Interesting how you interpret the Bible so that there is leniency toward Christians and maximum hostility toward others.

Christ DID speak about suffering loss to disciples at His second coming. Paul only echoed what Christ had taught.

Here is just one place where Christ speaks of the suffering of loss in two degrees at His coming again.

"The master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, and will cut him asunder, and will appoint his portion with the unbelievers.

And that slave whi knew his master's will and did not prepare or do according to his will, will receive many lashes.

But he who did not know, yet did things worthy of stripes, will receive few lashes.

But to every one to whom much has been given, much will be required from him, and to whom much had been committed they will ask of him all the more." (Luke 12:46)

1.) The lesson is concerning the second coming of Christ and His servants being watchful and faithful. It covers Luke 12:35 - 48.

2.) The returning master clearly refers to the returning Christ.

3.) The servants clearly refer to those who OWN Christ as their Lord. Unbelievers do not own Jesus as their Lord or master.

4.) To some degree the unfaithful and un-watching servant shares a discipline like the unbeliever would experience.

5.) The degree of discipline is proportionate to the degree to which the servant should have known better.

6.) The servant found ready and faithful is rewarded by being put over the master's possessions -

"And the Lord said, Who then is the faithful and prudent steward, whom the master will set over his service to give them their portion of food at the proper time?

Blessed is that slave whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Truly I tell you that he will set him over all his possessions." (Luke 12:43-44)

The best interpretation is that the lashes pertain to temporary punishment rather than eternal.

The whole lesson strongly corresponds to Deuteronomy 25:2,3

"And if the wicked man is worthy of beating, the judge shall make him lie down and have him beaten before him as is sufficient for his wickedness, by number.

Forty blows he may give him; he shall not exceed, lest, in exceeding, he beat him beyond these with many blows and your brother be degraded before your eyes." (Deut. 25:2,3)

I am not saying that Luke 12:47,48 is an exact fulfillment of Deut. 25:2,3. I am just pointing out the nature of God appointing an appropriate punishment to the offense.

And of course it goes without saying that the lesson of Luke 12:35-48 warns that a Christian may suffer loss after his Master Christ returns.

The. Christian can commit the most sick depraved of sins and your judgement would be just suffer loss. But nonchristians can live good lives and you would happily cast them into the lake of fire to suffer for all eternity.

Now you are speaking like a fool. The point of what I have been writing is that the Christian BEST NOT live in such a sick and depraved way to endanger him with suffering loss and being saved yet so as through fire.

You're just mad because you believe that God should only have ONE form of punishment for anyone - eternal.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Oct 15

Christ said nothing about suffer loss. Interesting how you interpret the Bible so that there is leniency toward Christians and maximum hostility toward others.

Christ DID speak about suffering loss to disciples at His second coming. Paul only echoed what Christ had taught.

Here is just one place where Christ speaks of the suffering ...[text shortened]... mad because you believe that God should only have ONE form of punishment for anyone - eternal.
I do not believe in the concept of eternal torment for anyone except for Satan and the False Prophet and the Beast. You believe that God will torment all nonChristians. There is something sick about your doctrine. You now have to gall to say this: ... I am just pointing out the nature of God appointing an appropriate punishment

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 15
1 edit

It sounds to me like you are protesting Once Saved Always Saved and trying to replace it with Always Saved - that is except the Devil, the Antichrist, False Prophet.

In terms of eternal punishment then, you appear to believe AS. Your legalism coupled with

You believe that God will torment all nonChristians.

I believe that in the end whoever does not have his name written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. (Rev. 20:15).

Somewhere above (or in another thread) you chided me by saying I should just let God decide who receives eternal life. Of course I do. And now I turn the same advice to you. Let God decide who has his name written in the book of life (Rev. 20:15).

We just live Christ and share the gospel according to the Great Commission of (Matt. 28:19,20).

Somewhere you chided me saying that I should just let God decide who has eternal life. Now I turn the same advice to you. Jesus said -

" ... I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

In the last judgment let God decide who came to the Father through the "Me" of Jesus - the only way, the only truth, and the only divine life.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 15

It sounds to me like you are protesting [b]Once Saved Always Saved and trying to replace it with Always Saved - that is except the Devil, the Antichrist, False Prophet.

In terms of eternal punishment then, you appear to believe AS. Your legalism coupled with

You believe that God will torment all nonChristians.

...[text shortened]... ather through the "Me" of Jesus - the only way, the only truth, and the only divine life.[/b]
Thank you. Let God decide.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 15
1 edit

Thank you. Let God decide.
And let God decide also that he who has the Son has the life. (1 John 5:12)
Let God decide that we who believe into the Son of God know that we have eternal life. (v.13)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 15

And let God decide also that he who has the Son has the life. [b](1 John 5:12)
Let God decide that we who believe into the Son of God know that we have eternal life. (v.13)[/b]
Again .. thank you. Well said.
God decides ..