Hell

Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queenslander

Tropical North

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm sick of this subject. I want to draw a line in the sand------------,etc.
There is no such thing as 'hell'. The arguements for and against have benn thrown back and and forth already but I just wanted to know what others thought.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/racytracy79/3533528594/

Rockhampton, Central Queensland.

N

Moves
05 Oct 09

The Multiverse is a union of opposites currently speaking. Up, Down -matter ,-anti- matter, strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force, logic-intuition. Ergo Heaven and Hell. Nature abhors a vacuum. Does anyone really ..intuitively speaking....think all the crimes that Hitler committed will go un-addressed? The killing of millions? Or Stalin? Cultures everywhere on the planet speak of demons. Ghosts have been documented by many. Angels as well. NDE's are abundant. Will everyone that reads this be convinced? The answer is a resounding no. Refusing to believe and sealing one's brain/conscience/soul to form a barrier against understanding these things is the ultimate blasphemy against the Spirit. Believeing is seeing. Not seeing is believeing. Ergo my point is this. You do not have time to fiddle with this idea. The wise person will proceed from the premise that Hell is real and do so quickly.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
05 Oct 09

I remember that I asked about the NDE or people seeing the light and a being clothed in bright light so to speak. I've heard a few have had an opposite experience however that was horrible when revived they never wanted to go back. Some said it was just oxygen deprivation I think. My Dad before he passed said a little boy was coming to visit him. Also something about two men coming to take him. Also I remember him saying something about a circle closing in on him.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
05 Oct 09

This experience does not quite fit the Christian explanation that happened to my Dad before he passed but I think there is more than meets the eye as the last poster said. Believing is seeing not vise versa.

Manny

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by jaywill
Eternity is a long time to be wrong. you guys better be sure about this Hell matter.
We are.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Badwater
Really.

Care to show us the verse(s) where "heaven" and "hell" are mentioned in the Bible?
There are at least 50 verses that mention hell. It is abundantly clear hell exists. Here is just one.

Matthew 5:29 - And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

The word heaven appears at least 700 times in the Bible.

Revelation 19:1 - And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

It sounds like there's people in heaven according to this verse.

I don't know what it is you believe Badwater, but it certainly isn't the Bible.

w

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm sick of this subject. I want to draw a line in the sand------------,etc.
There is no such thing as 'hell'. The arguements for and against have benn thrown back and and forth already but I just wanted to know what others thought.
If you say so.

j

Moves
05 Oct 09
3 edits

Originally posted by amannion
We are.
=====================
We are.
========================

Do I see you speaking for others?

I think when it comes to a choice between taking your word for it and taking the word of Jesus Christ, I am more impressed with the authority and integrity of Jesus Christ.

That is not meant to be an insult. There are not many human beings who have walked the earth who can be classed along side of Jesus.

Since Christ has been through death and come back many of us believe that His word on the matter should be regarded more seriously than one who has not yet tasted death.

But there is another reason why I personally would regard Christ's word on it above you and your friends. From the same mouth, from the mouth of Jesus, came the most impressive words of love, redemption, forgiveness, atonement, and reconciation to God.

I have to consider seriously if a physician cannot only warn me of a potential health danger but at the same time is adawuately equiped to administer a cure. The motive of such a person commands my attention.

Anyway, there is nothing in the Bible stating that a person is saved from hell because of believing in hell. A person can be saved from eternal punishment simply because of believing in Christ irregardless of his opinion of hell. It is not the belief in damnation which saves. It is Christ Himself who is the security from that place and not the belief in that place.

j

Moves
05 Oct 09
2 edits

There is an infallible and indisputable record of evidence kept by God concerning the works of people.

What you have done will not disappear accept under the blood of Christ's redemption.

God records our lives. His record will be indisputable. Our sins can all be washed away in the blood of Jesus - erased, judged in Him on His cross.

The One Who told us also died for us to save us. The One who spoke the words about eternal punishment is also the One who went to the cross to die for all men that they may be saved. This is the Son of God.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Oct 09

There is an infallible and indisputable record of evidence kept by God concerning the works of people.

What you have done will not disappear accept under the blood of Christ's redemption.

God records our lives. His record will be indisputable. Our sins can all be washed away in the blood of Jesus - erased, judged in Him on His cross.

The One ...[text shortened]... he One who went to the cross to die for all men that they may be saved. This is the Son of God.
So in short what you are saying is this -

Believe in Christ or go to hell

j

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob

=============================

===============================

If you reject Christ I believe you will perish.

I do not believe ignorance is the same as rejection.

I believe that the security from eternal punishment is Christ Himself. This means it is not necessary that you believe in or not believe in hell. You may come to Christ for other reasons. And people often do believe into Jesus for other reasons. One of the by products of that is that that person is eternally redeemed.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Oct 09

[b]=============================

===============================

If you reject Christ I believe you will perish.

I do not believe ignorance is the same as rejection.

I believe that the security from eternal punishment is Christ Himself. This means i ...[text shortened]... sus for other reasons. One of the by products of that is that that person is eternally redeemed.[/b]
A 'Yes' would have done oh wordy one๐Ÿ™‚

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by menace71
I remember that I asked about the NDE or people seeing the light and a being clothed in bright light so to speak. I've heard a few have had an opposite experience however that was horrible when revived they never wanted to go back. Some said it was just oxygen deprivation I think. My Dad before he passed said a little boy was coming to visit him. Also somet ...[text shortened]... o take him. Also I remember him saying something about a circle closing in on him.

Manny
Often negative experiences or dreams are a reflection of the state of one's 'ego' and the constant 'fighting' for it. There are many levels to this kind of path-the path that leads to the 'death' of one's ego, or "White Death".
At first when a higher level is initially attained the magnified fear can seem almost over-whelming. "Lose your mind" kind of stuff, however, the next time you travel to these higher realms your initial experience(s) will guide you on how NOT to act and thus hopefully keep you in that 'higher realm' longer,(and perhaps even take you 'higher'๐Ÿ˜‰. Happy tripping๐Ÿ™‚ Positive thoughts ๐Ÿ™‚

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Nimzovik
The Multiverse is a union of opposites currently speaking. Up, Down -matter ,-anti- matter, strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force, logic-intuition. Ergo Heaven and Hell. Nature abhors a vacuum. Does anyone really ..intuitively speaking....think all the crimes that Hitler committed will go un-addressed? The killing of millions? Or Stalin? Cultures ...[text shortened]... this idea. The wise person will proceed from the premise that Hell is real and do so quickly.
Except for that last sentence I found your post quite an interesting one.
I would like to add to my already stated opinion on this matter that there are extremely 'dark' things 'out there'. Very black,devoid-of-any-kind-of-humour stuff. Like the power of ones mind used 'improperly' . For example could one actually create a hell and go to it by the power of ones mind? Scary stuff(if you know any metaphysics at all). So there may be a loop-hole to my origonal premise in the first place (ie.there is no hell), but why would I want to dwell a second longer on this subjec

N

Moves
05 Oct 09
2 edits

The premise of creating a personal Hell is a valid one in this world in a limited context. One does not create the actual Hell however. One chooses it. I know for a fact that I did not create the multiverse. Therefore I deduce that there is an actual independent intelligence, (God) wholly other than me. This in conjuction with the Union of opposites concept and the issue that it is unthinkable that such evil the likes of Hitler would NOT be recompensed. Mother Teresa of Calcutta is an icon of good. A witness if you will. (Yes I am conversant in meta - physics -much of which is trash.) Christians -Catholics at least - do indeed believe others than Catholics such as Muslims will indeed go to heaven. It is a matter of 1) Having opppurtunity of hearing an acceptable presentation of the teachings of Christ and believing. 2)Having no oppurtunity to hear the teachings they are judged in accordance with what they have done with the 'spiritual light' they have been given and how they have lived. The Church if I recall correctly accepts the concept of 'invincible ignorance'. Now --I have a question for the Atheists here...please define for me the word --GOOD--and why good is indeed good by your definition.