1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 22:34
    I'm sick of this subject. I want to draw a line in the sand------------,etc.
    There is no such thing as 'hell'. The arguements for and against have benn thrown back and and forth already but I just wanted to know what others thought.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 23:31
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    There is no such thing as 'hell'. The arguements for and against have benn thrown back and and forth already but I just wanted to know what others thought.
    Agreed. There is no hell ... nor heaven or limbo; no god or gods; no fairies, tooth fairies, werewolves, vampires, unicorns, goblins, elves, trolls, ghosts, spirits or souls, no easter bunnies or santa claus's, no demons or devils.
    None of it exists.
    But they all make for some damned good stories ...
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 23:402 edits
    I think I agree. There is no "Hell". The mere idea is total BS.

(And don't get me started on the idea of "limbo"... seriously wtf?)
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 23:49
    Originally posted by fatalinsomnia
    I think I agree. There is no "Hell". The mere idea is total BS.

(And don't get me started on the idea of "limbo"... seriously wtf?)
    'purgatory' may seem like a long time-but its not an eternity...
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '09
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 00:001 edit
    'purgatory' may seem like a long time-but its not an eternity...
    Hey man, my xian life class (yep--12 years of catholic school!) called it "limbo". So cut me a break here. 😉

And yeah purgatory would be better than hell, at least from what I hear.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 00:37
    Originally posted by amannion
    Agreed. There is no hell ... nor heaven or limbo; no god or gods; no fairies, tooth fairies, werewolves, vampires, unicorns, goblins, elves, trolls, ghosts, spirits or souls, no easter bunnies or santa claus's, no demons or devils.
    None of it exists.
    But they all make for some damned good stories ...
    i'm glad we all agree that leprechauns are real, that argument could've gotten messy.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 05:46
    Originally posted by fatalinsomnia
    Hey man, my xian life class (yep--12 years of catholic school!) called it "limbo". So cut me a break here. 😉

And yeah purgatory would be better than hell, at least from what I hear.
    While my idea of 'purgatory' may share some things in common with the christion limbo (or purgatory) ,there are notable differences.
    One of the major ones being that I believe we are already there.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 12:06
    Eternity is a long time to be wrong. you guys better be sure about this Hell matter.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 12:241 edit
    Sorry you're so sick of this subject, but it's unavoidable nonetheless.

It is abundantly clear from scripture that heaven and hell are real. There's no getting around it except to deny it.

It is a horror, but so it is here in this life for so many.

Do you think it is unjust that a murderer and rapist of children should escape justice?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 21:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Sorry you're so sick of this subject, but it's unavoidable nonetheless.

It is abundantly clear from scripture that heaven and hell are real. There's no getting around it except to deny it.

It is a horror, but so it is here in this life for so many.

Do you think it is unjust that a murderer and rapist of children should escape justice?
    I think everyone lives with a certain amount of ignorance and therefore is subject to 'sinning'. Gods eternal mercy will shine on the greatest of sinners, and even they will EVENTUALLY be permitted into heaven.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 21:41
    Originally posted by josephw

Really.

Care to show us the verse(s) where "heaven" and "hell" are mentioned in the Bible?
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 22:051 edit
    Agreed, The concepts of heaven and hell exist only within the mind.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 22:171 edit
    The problem is not as cut and dry as some assume.

Both heaven and hell are mentioned in the Bible. There is no problem proving that.

However, Hell, strictly speaking, is just the realm of the dead. And it is said to be thrown into a destructive lake of fire at the end of the Bible. The vanacular use of the word hell means eternal punishment. But biblically that eternal punishment is and eternal fire in the lake of fire.

Heaven is also mentioned in the Bible. There is no difficulty in proving that. However, it is not really taught as a place which becomes the permenant dwelling place of the saved. The phrase "the kingdom of heaven" really means the kingdom whose origin is heaven.

In the loose venacular many Christians simplify the matter of a person's destiny of being either heaven or hell.

And we have gone through this before. And for someone who was tired of the subject it seems strange that he would bring up again a subject that he claims to be tired of discussing.

Go figure.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 23:02
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The problem is not as cut and dry as some assume.

Both heaven and hell are mentioned in the Bible. There is no problem proving that.

However, Hell, strictly speaking, is just the realm of the dead. And it is said to be thrown into a destructive lake of fire at the end of the Bible. The vanacular use of the word hell means eternal punishment. But bib ...[text shortened]... at he would bring up again a subject that he claims to be tired of discussing.

Go figure.
    Yep, I'll try to figure myself out. Good advice!(sincerely)
    One point: I believe there was a thread on near death experiences and a number of consistent fact(or)s were bought up. None mention seeing a 'lake of fire'? Why do you suppose that is? Or are you in the group that thinks things beyond this life are unknowable.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 00:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Heaven is also mentioned in the Bible. There is no difficulty in proving that. However, it is not really taught as a place which becomes the permenant dwelling place of the saved. The phrase [b]"the kingdom of heaven"
    really means the kingdom whose origin is heaven.

....[/b]
    "Heaven" is not mentioned in the Bible. Again, if you can produce the verse(s), go for it.

And when Jesus say "The kingdom of heaven..." he is talking about God, not a place you call heaven. When he says "The kingdom of heaven is like..." he means "this is how God behaves....". If you'd like a sermon to that effect I'll produce one.

Your notion of heaven is assumed and is not supported biblically. As I have said before, it's a Zoroastrianistic concept.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree