1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 00:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    A 'Yes' would have done oh wordy one🙂
    Nothing higher than to bring salvation to men and women, says brother Howard Hagashi

YouTube&feature=PlayList&p=1D501B9CDB166F71&index=1
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 05:21
    Originally posted by Nimzovik
    The premise of creating a personal Hell is a valid one in this world in a limited context. One does not create the actual Hell however. One chooses it. I know for a fact that I did not create the multiverse. Therefore I deduce that there is an actual independent intelligence, (God) wholly other than me. This in conjuction with the Union of opposites co ...[text shortened]... here...please define for me the word --GOOD--and why good is indeed good by your definition.
    (I'm sorry ,I can't readily define 'good', but then again I'm probably not an ahtiest).
    just one phrase from your post- "..much of which is trash."
    It is my contention that upto 75% of everything is 'trash',ie 'false' or 'god-eclipsing' in some way,(untrue, a lie). What do you think?
  3. Joined
    25 Sep '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 05:324 edits
    Perhaps.... Trash is that which precludes truth. Often it is disguised as sagacious wisdom but ultimately is a mere defense mechanism to shield us from ourselves. This is one reason I accept the precepts of Christianity. That is, in the particular example, the concept of an absolute truth. This provides a moral compass for how to actually know truth. I have tested the commandments and found them true. I accept love as a driving force. I accept that I did not create the Universe. Therefore another entity did. I accept God did. To do otherwise for me is the epitome of absurdity. The universe is not an unreasoned phenomenon--obviously. There are those that do not accept this and are threatened by it. It is trully difficult to change one's behavior and perspective. Faith is a Gift. We could launch into Freedom vs. Determinism here. The more I reason with people on the net about faith the more I realize that Christians are indeed chosen. Denial is rampant. As Pilot said (paraphrasing here) "What is truth?" On the strict LOGIC level we have only Cogito Ergo Sum... I think therefore I am. To people that only accept Logic --those that figuritively only see with one eye---there is no logical construct to offer to their satisfaction. One MUST see with the other eye--intuition, logic's opposite. I would call much of intuition .......Spirit. How can the pure logic people comprehend this? They simply can not. They have no... Spirit. This is tragically evidenced by the pure logic people in the form of abortion. No, the pure logic people must be prayed for to be gifted with faith.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 09:09
    Originally posted by Nimzovik
    Perhaps.... Trash is that which precludes truth. Often it is disguised as sagacious wisdom but ultimately is a mere defense mechanism to shield us from ourselves. This is one reason I accept the precepts of Christianity. That is, in the particular example, the concept of an absolute truth. This provides a moral compass for how to actually know truth. ...[text shortened]... the form of abortion. No, the pure logic people must be prayed for to be gifted with faith.
    Yeah ..right. Christianity. How about Hinduism? I find it a better religon in general. Am I one of those desparate clinger-onners of false hopes of new -age hooey-phooey? What do you reckon? You dont seem to hide behind 'Christ" as much as some of the other posters.
  5. Joined
    25 Sep '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 20:25
    The dilemma is perhaps overly simplified in this ---Two Religions that have two different explanations for the cosmos that we reside in. Are they mutually exclusive? I dare say the answer is contingent upon the seeker him/herself. If indeed one is genuinely chasing God then God will genuinely reveal himself to that seeker. I would think a reasoning, caring God will indeed reveal the correct worship system that is authentic. The real danger here lies in self delusion. Do we use God as a self defense mechanism? Do we in some weird way speak what we wish Him to say? For me I find the cross that Christ suffered for our benefit to be a wonderful love story. For me I did not find that expression of love from GOD elsewhere...... We all bet our souls on these issues. I place my bet here. However for me it is not a bet. It is an experential reality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree