1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    But they've ALL failed the test. They have all sinned! How will they not sin in Heaven? What will change?
    We all have failed the test at some point because we have all sinned. However, we are potentially redeemable because we are part spirit and that aspect of us is potentially redeemable. Our bodies, on the other hand, are lost and not redeemable because we have sinned and we have been told that if you sin you die. There is no escaping this fate physically.

It is interesting, however, that Biblically faith is counted as righteousness just like it was back in the garden of Eden. We can still choose to walk in faith despite our past sin by simply making the decision to reverse coarse and go Gods way instead of our way. The difference between us walking by faith now and Adam and Eve walking by faith in the garden of Eden before the fall is that now we have a sin nature and have not communed with God as intimatly as they once did. Now we must show a greater level of faith in interacting with a God we do not see or hear as well as the hinderance of a "sin nature". I have often stated that faith has little to do with proof and more to do with a childlike trust in a God who you believe to be benevolent and all knowing. I think that when we demonstrate this child like faith despite the odds being stacked against us in terms of prooving his existence and having a sin nature, that it is pretty much a given that this will not change once our sin nature is gone and we have new bodies and we see God face to face in the heaven to come.
  2. Standard membermdhall
    Mr Palomar
    A box
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 13:061 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I view God's decision making as best case scenerio decision making because he does knows everything.
    I think taking a college course in Logic would be very helpful for you.
    I think you do not understand Logic.
    For one, an all-knowing god would not have Logic. There would be no decision making process. Please look it up and let me know what you think.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 13:52
    We all have failed the test at some point because we have all sinned. However, we are potentially redeemable because we are part spirit and that aspect of us is potentially redeemable. Our bodies, on the other hand, are lost and not redeemable because we have sinned and we have been told that if you sin you die. There is no escaping this fate physically.
    ...[text shortened]... r sin nature is gone and we have new bodies and we see God face to face in the heaven to come.
    What a crock.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 13:55
    In 1 John 4:8 we see that God is love. In Genesis we see that life sprang from God directly. Thus he is seen scripturally as a God of love/life.

In terms of hell being a punishment, I conceed that to be without love/life one is tormented and punished. However, without God how can this be avoided when one is seperated completly from the source of life/love?
    Where is the Scripture that says that Hell is merely separation from God? We both know there is none. And we both know that there are plenty of places where Hell is described as torment and/or death. I think you are being dishonest here.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 03:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Where is the Scripture that says that Hell is merely separation from God? We both know there is none. And we both know that there are plenty of places where Hell is described as torment and/or death. I think you are being dishonest here.
    What about other places that refer to torment?

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love."

Now there are a variety of ways to look at this verse. One way is to say that God is actively causing them torment for not walking in love/faith thus punishing them accordingly. The other is to say that they are causing themselves torment because to be rid of fear/torment one must walk in love.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 03:461 edit
    Originally posted by mdhall
    [b]I view God's decision making as best case scenerio decision making because he does knows everything.

I think taking a college course in Logic would be very helpful for you.
    I think you do not understand Logic.
    For one, an all-knowing god would not have Logic. There would be no decision making process. Please look it up and let me know what you think.[/b]
    Now I see what you are saying. Perhaps this is why God is incapable of sin. After all, sin is merely missing the mark or falling short, therefore, how could an all knowing God do so? Why would he fall short when he clearly see the errors of doing so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree