Hell

Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
27 Aug 08
4 edits

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Okay. Fair enough. On the continuum of reputation from unimpeachable to thoroughly condemned, would you say that truth more often resides among those at the condemned end?
All I know is that there is a fierce spiritual battle going on down through the ages.

It is intensifying now. This is the time to be grounded in the truth.

In my opinion, that whole hallabaloo of the 60s was just the Satanic distraction from the fact that Witness Lee came to America with the revelation of the age.

The Devil then and now wants to distract and destroy the youth.

My opinion in hindsight.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
27 Aug 08

Originally posted by jaywill
In my opinion, that whole hallabaloo of the 60s was just the Satanic distraction from the fact that Witness Lee came to America with the revelation of the age.
No credible historian could ever agree with you, most especially the conservative Christian historians who understand the importance of the grass roots social and political movements of the 1960s for constructing the networks and organizations that put into power Reagan and his spawn (G.B. I and G.B. II), and consequently cultural conservatives--many of whom learn their politics on Sunday morning and Wednesday night, rather than from credible news sources (if any remain).

W
Angler

River City

Moves
27 Aug 08

All I know is that there is a fierce spiritual battle going on down through the ages.

See Thread 98002

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 08
1 edit

The matter of the Trinity is very mysterious. One lives in the Other. They are distinct but not separate.

Jesus had to be a man like us in order to suffer death. Yet He also had to be God Himself to make the effectiveness of the death have eternal significance.

He had to be a man to bleed. He had to be God to make that blood eternally powerful to
This matter of the Triune God is very mysterious. But we can experience Him and enjoy Him.
How do you feel knowing that the doctrines you believe in are not in the Bible. These phrases dont exist in the Bible, they are made up by you:

- Trinity is very mysterious
- One lives in the Other
- distinct but not separate.
- He also had to be God Himself to make the effectiveness of the death have eternal significance
- He had to be God to make that blood eternally powerful
- Triune God is very mysterious.

All fabricated. The Bible never said that Christ is the 'mingling' of God and man. But the Bible supports the following:

God is the father of Jesus
Jesus is the son of God.
They have one purpose.
They are separate beings and are capable of thinking and acting independently.
God has and eternal purpose with man through Jesus.

j

Moves
28 Aug 08
2 edits

No credible historian could ever agree with you, most especially the conservative Christian historians who understand the importance of the grass roots social and political movements of the 1960s for constructing the networks and organizations that put into power Reagan and his spawn (G.B. I and G.B. II), and consequently cultural conservatives--many of whom ...[text shortened]... s on Sunday morning and Wednesday night, rather than from credible news sources (if any remain).
===================================
No credible historian could ever agree with you,
=====================================

I expressed an opinion about spiritual things. It is not an opinion about social or political aspects of the culture.

I am speaking about events in the heavenlies, in the spiritual realm as those battling spiritual forces behind the scenes, as in Daniel's visions.

I could be wrong.

j

Moves
28 Aug 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have to be honest with you here. I have heard many many people talk about Jesus' blood and its clensing power but I cant understand the concept at all. Are sins like dirt, sticking to us? Are sins entities? Items on a list? How does Jesus clense them away? Surely if a sin is an offence against God, then the only cure is for God to forgive us. I have nev ...[text shortened]... tmeister to explain it to me once but I couldn't seem to grasp the concept. Can you do better?
The blood of Christ cleanses before God. The Holy Spirit transforms the personality.

By cleanse away sins the Bible means a cleansing before God. God requires it.

Though Hebrews 9:14 does mention that Christ's blood purifies man's conscience "purify" refers to purify the conscience and not the sinful nature.

The phrase "purify our conscience" does not mean cure the sinful nature.

Man's sinful nature is never purified by the blood of Christ. The Bible makes no mention of the blood purifying the sinful nature of the fallen "flesh". The blood of Jesus only cleanses us from sins before God.

The blood of Jesus gives us boldness before God because it frees our conscience. "Habing therefore, brothers, boldness for entering the Holy of Holies in the blood of Jesus, ... (Heb. 10:19)

The problem of the nature is spoken of as fixed by the cross. This means by termination, putting to death the old man that the new man may be built up through transformation. Transformation then is the cleaning of the nature within man. The blood is the cleaning of the record before God and the embolding of the human conscience.

The cleansing spoken of in 1 John 1:7 does not refer to the cleaning away of inward sin ir to the cleansing away the root of sin. Rather, it refers to the cleansing before God. I am repeating now.

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be as white as snow." (Isa. 1:18)

The scar or the trace is removed before God as if one had never sinned at all.

Now I hope you can see the difference between dealing with the record of sins and dealing with the sinning nature. The New Testament salvation encompasses both. But the sinning nature needs transformation, sanctification. It needs termination through enjoyng grace and denying the self. That is living in union with the indwelling Spirit of Christ. Being crucified with Him and being raised with Him through the indwelling Spirit of divine life.

"... the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Aug 08

As the cow said to the hare, "Hell is udders, people."

W
Angler

River City

Moves
28 Aug 08

[b]===================================

I expressed an opinion about spiritual things. It is not an opinion about social or political aspects of the culture.

I am speaking about events in the heavenlies, in the spiritual realm as those battling spiritual forces behind the scenes, as in Daniel's visions.

I could be wrong.[/b]
See Thread 98002

j

Moves
28 Aug 08

[b]See Thread 98002
[/b]
I saw it.

I have no comment.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
28 Aug 08

[b]===================================

I could be wrong.[/b]
If you are right in even the most general sense, the most important aspect of the 1960s for eternity may well be the number of free lovin', dope smokin' hippies that turned on to Jesus.

Where's the distraction? I suggest that you reread The Screwtape Letters and put away such garbage as the novels of Peretti and LaHaye.

j

Moves
28 Aug 08
4 edits

If you are right in even the most general sense, the most important aspect of the 1960s for eternity may well be the number of free lovin', dope smokin' hippies that turned on to Jesus.

Where's the distraction? I suggest that you reread The Screwtape Letters and put away such garbage as the novels of Peretti and LaHaye.
Please don't assume stuff about me without first inquiring of my opinion. I will try harder to do likewise with you.

I have never read any book by LaHaye which I wouldn't give the time of day. Peretti I never heard of.

Generally, I am not into Christian fiction novels.

I have read Screwtape Letters.

j

Moves
28 Aug 08

What are we talking about here ?

j

Moves
28 Aug 08

Screwtape Letters was kind of cute. Lewis could be good at satire.

I think Surprised By Joy and Mere Christianity were pretty good reads.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
28 Aug 08

What are we talking about here ?
Ketchup and Mayo

j

Moves
28 Aug 08

Ketchup and Mayo
Stop being silly.

Here are some books which I would say were life changing in my experience:

G.H. Pember - Earth's Earliest Ages (the first half only about Genesis 1- 11)

Watchman Nee The Glorious Church

Witness Lee The Experience of Life

Author Unkown -The Heart is Christ's Home (a pamphlet)

Norm Giesler - A General Introduction to the Bible

Witness Lee again The Economy of God

Donald Barnhouse The Invisible War