Hell

Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by jaywill
This is what you wrote:

[b]=======================================
Any Christian that thinks God is in the heavens and spends His time watching over us and us alone, is stupid.
=========================================

Notice the words "spends His time watching over us and us alone"

You said " OVER US AND US ALONE." ...[text shortened]... ds Psalm 33 said.

Face it. You wrote something ignorant of the Bible in the extreme.[/b]
Look at the context of the statement.
Its about there being other worlds created by God.
To my mind that is a certainty, so that God watches over us but not us alone. Thats the point.

Further it was meant to contradict your statement that clearly is not in the Bible about

"..." it is through man that God can accomplish His eternal purpose."

W
Angler

River City

Moves
25 Aug 08

[b]===================================
Have you read the entire text cover to cover?
====================================

Yes, I have read the entire 66 books of the Bible, every chapter consecutively, about twice.

I have been reading and studying this marvelous book seriously since 1972.[/b]
Twice since 1972?

Once per year would seem a bit more reasonable. I don't think you're qualified for a serious debate.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by Wulebgr
which, of course, has nothing whatsoever to do with the condiment that properly belongs on a hamburger, or with sour kraut on a dog.
So you never 'spilled your seed' onto a hot dog? Don't knock it if you haven't tried it๐Ÿ™‚

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
jaywill: So I say that God's eternal purpose is centered on man.

Talk about prideful! And why would a 3 O God center his entire existence, his purpose, on something as inferior to him as Man? I can see primitive man believing in such rubbish, but it's the 21st Century, jaywill.
In Jaywill's mind, its the first century, or maybe the 4th after the big bible meet.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 08

[b]"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened; and another scroll was opened, which [the book] of life. And the dead were judged by the things which were written in the scrools, according to their works.

And the sea gave up te dead which were in it, and death and Hades [Hell] gave up the dead which w ...[text shortened]... Why would you perish forever. Be saved tonight calling on the name of Jesus as your Lord.
An easy road to preach since nobody comes back from the dead to dispell your illusionary false vision, the greatest conman act since Moses. Of course that was followed by another conman, Mohammed. No doubt you will fight to the core with an accusation of con activity in regards to christianity but will not come up with a defense of Islam, your so-called religion being the ONLY true religion, a rumor in your own mind.

j

Moves
25 Aug 08
4 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
An easy road to preach since nobody comes back from the dead to dispell your illusionary false vision, the greatest conman act since Moses. Of course that was followed by another conman, Mohammed. No doubt you will fight to the core with an accusation of con activity in regards to christianity but will not come up with a defense of Islam, your so-called religion being the ONLY true religion, a rumor in your own mind.
===================================
An easy road to preach since nobody comes back from the dead to dispell your illusionary false vision, the greatest conman act since Moses.
=====================================

It is not and easy road to preach because frankly, I don't like it that much.

Secondly, I do not feel as comfortable to dismiss it because Jesus did come back from the dead. And it is through the words of Jesus, for the most part, that we are warned about these things, though not exclusively.

Now I have never been to the Moon. But Niel Armstrong has been there. If Niel Armstrong tells me about what goes on on the Moon, I feel compelled to take him seriously. He has been there.

It is the same with Jesus. He has been into death and come out again. He commands my attention on the subject. And here is one of the things He says to His disciples:

"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are no able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." (Matt. 10:28)

Since He HAS been through death and resurrection, I feel that His words have authority on the subject.

You can snooze if you want to. Not me.

j

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Twice since 1972?

Once per year would seem a bit more reasonable. I don't think you're qualified for a serious debate.
===============================
===================================

Don't wait around for just the right person who has read the bible just the right number of times per year.

Even if a child should come to you in the name of Jesus Christ telling you the good news of His salavtion, humble yourself and take it from a child. You will be blessed.

j

Moves
25 Aug 08
1 edit

Wulbugr,

On the day of judgment some will say "Lord if you had only sent to me someone who read the Bible ten times a year, then I would have listened."

And some will say "Lord, if you had only sent to me someone simple with a simple message I could understand, I would have believed."

Maybe God will say. "I tried both. And you rejected both."

W
Angler

River City

Moves
25 Aug 08
1 edit

Wulbugr,

On the day of judgment some will say "Lord if you had only sent to me someone who read the Bible ten times a year, then I would have listened."

And some will say "Lord, if you had only sent to me someone simple with a simple message I could understand, I would have believed."

Maybe God will say. "I tried both. And you rejected both."
Now, you, that cannot even spell my name, are putting yourself forward as a savior. Good grief.

Quote the Bible correctly, and stop making ridiculous assumptions about those that dispute your notions of hell.

I'm not waiting. I'm willing to debate if a worthy adversary steps forward. Otherwise I have better things to do with my time. I waste enough time on these accursed forums as it is. Spending more attempting to reason with the unreasonable, arguing with the ignorant, discussing literature with the ill-read, ... I'll leave to others.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Look at the context of the statement.
Its about there being other worlds created by God.
To my mind that is a certainty, so that God watches over us but not us alone. Thats the point.

Further it was meant to contradict your statement that clearly is not in the Bible about

"..." it is through man that God can accomplish His eternal purpose."
So Jaywill, lets hear more about this statement :

." it is through man that God can accomplish His eternal purpose."

You quoted a passage from Ephesians but I cant figure out how that passage supports this statement. Can you clarify?

ALso if this statement is correct it means that:
1. God had no purpose before man was created.
2. There are no intelligent life forms in the universe created by God.

j

Moves
25 Aug 08
5 edits

[b]." it is through man that God can accomplish His eternal purpose."

You quoted a passage from Ephesians but I cant figure out how that passage supports this statement. Can you clarify?

2. There are no intelligent life forms in the universe created by God.[/b]
I have nothing to say about life forms on other planets. That to me is a complete unknown. You too.

Find some first. And then maybe I'll have to adjust my theology. I am going by the fact that God became a man - Jesus Christ.

He did not become a Martian. Or if He did we know nothing about it. So let's go by what we know. We are told that the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us (human beings). Let's consider that and not speculate on other planets and other beings for now.

This passage is very precious to me when it comes to unknown things:

"The things that are hidden belong to Jehovah our God; but the things that are revealed, to us and our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deut. 29:29)

I will discuss Ephesians again after awhile.

j

Moves
25 Aug 08
2 edits

[b]." it is through man that God can accomplish His eternal purpose."

2. There are no intelligent life forms in the universe created by God.[/b]
First of all there is something called " the eternal purpose."

" ... the eternal purpose which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Ephesians 3:11)

Can you see that ?

"ETERNAL PURPOSE WHICH HE [God] MADE IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD."

Are you with me up to this point ?

j

Moves
25 Aug 08
1 edit

Huh?

There is something called " the eternal purpose " (Eph. 3:11)

Who made it ? God made it.

Where did God make it?

He made it in Christ Jesus our Lord.

" ... the eternal purpose which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Christ is the realm in which the purpose was made. Christ is the sphere in which the purpose is made and is realize - accomplished ."

The "eternal purpose" of God is IN Christ Jesus our Lord WHERE God MADE IT.

Are you with me so far?

j

Moves
25 Aug 08

What does this mean ?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ???!!

First of all it means that IF we want to know the eternal purpose of God ... if we want to know the purpose of the universe and of human life, then we must look at and study and contemplate the Lord Jesus Christ.

If we want to know the purpose of God we HAVE to examine closely Christ Jesus the Lord.

Who is Christ Jesus the Lord ? That will give us a key to the eternal purpose of God.

Christ Jesus the Lord is the mingling, the union, the blending, the interweaving of God and Man.

Christ Jesus is God/Man.

j

Moves
25 Aug 08

I SAID He - Christ Jesus is GOD/MAN.

He is God united with man to be one Person.