1. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 11:261 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I base that statement on passages such as this:

[b]"Making known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure which He purposed in HIms, unto the economy of the fullness of the times, to head up all things in Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, in Him; In whom also we were designated as an inheritance, having b t God's eternal purpose is centered on man. And the head of this man is Jesus Christ.
    [/b]
    Goodness me .... what an embarassing misinterpretation and blatant twisting of scripture.

The ants in my backyard think that I exist solely to provide them with my breadcrumbs and that I sit here all day watching them run up and down.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 12:02
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    There's a special place for people that put ketchup on fish and mayonnaise on hamburgers.
    And for people who think that Earl Grey is proper tea.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 15:08
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It isn't? 😞
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 15:59
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Hell, Norway?
  5. SEMO
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 16:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Nor does your Bible quoting answer the question why 3 O God is sooooooooooooo concerned about creatures so infinitely inferior to him.
    Um, maybe because he is the one who created the creatures that are so infinitely inferior to him. And yes my 'Bible quoting' does answer the question, you just refuse to accept it.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 16:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Hell, Norway?
    Probably. The Norwegians are very fond of Earl Grey. 😞
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 16:531 edit
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Um, maybe because he is the one who created the creatures that are so infinitely inferior to him. And yes my 'Bible quoting' does answer the question, you just refuse to accept it.
    He created bacteria, too; did he send a Jesus bacteria to "save" all the other bacteria too?

And no, you have failed to give an actual answer to the question. I restated it in my last post:

Why is it so important to your Monster God to have beings who have less capability compared to him then an amoeba has to us to grovel before him for all eternity?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 17:351 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Goodness me .... what an embarassing misinterpretation and blatant twisting of scripture.

The ants in my backyard think that I exist solely to provide them with my breadcrumbs and that I sit here all day watching them run up and down.
    Twisting? From the poster who didn't even realize that God is watching people ?

That's an ironic accusation for someone with such an ignorant concept to point fingers at my basically quotation of Ephesians which speaks for itself.
  9. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 17:38
    What is the purpose of hell?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 17:44
    Twisting? From the poster who didn't even realize that God is watching people ?

That's an ironic accusation for someone with such an ignorant concept to point fingers at my basically [b]quotation
    of Ephesians which speaks for itself.[/b]
    Who did not realise that God is watching people?

You said : Gods purpose is centered on man.

Then you quote some vague passage that has no bearing on what you said.

And what concept am I ignorant of?
  11. The sky
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 18:38
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    It's God's expedition. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway)
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 19:021 edit
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Hello snowinscotland,

I can never talk to you too long. You also wear me out. Don't gloat.

Hell is just the realm of the dead. It is Hades. A place for the departed non-material part of man - saved or unsaved.

To say that everyone who dies goes to hell (Hades) would not be unscriptural IMO. But I know what you mean.

You mean what is the purpose of a place like "the second death" or "the lake of fire" meaning eternal punishment.

I have thought much on that. I would submit first that the eternal punishment was prepared for the Devil and his angels and not for man (Matt. 25:41).

Why then must people end up there? It is because they go where their leader goes. If their Leader is Christ they share Christ's glorious destiny and future. If they refuse Christ as their Leader they go with their leader Satan to co-share his shameful and terrible destiny.

You will go with your leader. You will share the outcome of your leader.

Now my opinion is that in this eternal punishment God has the inhabitants so occupied with thier suffering that they cannot continue forever their sins against one another.

Some people don't want to have anything to do with God and His plans. So God has a place for them too. There they have their place where they are occupied with their pains and restricted from furthering their sinning and rebellions.

I don't think we should think about it too much. It is horrible. But in a way it makes some sense to me. If God is the ultimate authority of all reality then it is His responsibility to inform you that you cannot rebel against Him and win.

Damnation is a place where you have to lose. You and I and no one else can go against the one God and possibly win forever. If we intend to rebel against God in an ultimate and irreversible sense, we have to lose. We cannot win, period.

Before we are quick to think this is unfair we should consider all that He has done to SAVE us from such a loss. He gave everything. He came as a man, and as much as it is possible for us to understand, He took our place that we could be saved.

That is probably all I will get to say to you. I doubt that you have changed your very skeptical atheistic views.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 19:21
    Hello snowinscotland,

I can never talk to you too long. You also wear me out. Don't gloat.

Hell is just the realm of the dead. It is Hades. A place for the departed non-material part of man - saved or unsaved.

To say that everyone who dies goes to hell (Hades) would not be unscriptural IMO. But I know what you mean.

You mean what is t ...[text shortened]... ll get to say to you. I doubt that you have changed your very skeptical atheistic views.
    Weird and crazy stuff.

Who created Satan BTW? For what purpose?
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 19:492 edits
    When the revelator is left gazing at the final destruction of all of God's enemies the angel calls him away to look at something else. He is called to look away at the fulfillment of God's positive plans - the New Jerusalem.

We shouldn't think about damnation too much. We should turn our eyes away from the ultimate destruction of God's enemies and view the salvation of the saved.

"And one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, Come here; I will show you the bride the wife of the lamb. And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, as clear as crystal." (Rev. 21:9,10)

In chapter 4 God has the appearance of a jasper stone (Rev. 4:3). Here is chapter 21 the entire New Jerusalem also has the appearance of a jasper stone.

This means that what God is has been wrought into the people of the city. The city bears the nature and appearance of God Himself. God has built Himself into man. And God has infused His divine life into man.

Jasper here should be the dark green color jasper. The dark green color represents the deep richness of life. This is what God looks like. He looks like the deep richness of life.

Jesus was a dark dark green color (figuratively). His life was deep, thick, rich and glorious in appearance like a dark green jasper stone.

In eternity future the eternal city of God bears the very appearance and gory of God Himself. God has mingled Himself with man.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 20:30
    When the revelator is left gazing at the final destruction of all of God's enemies the angel calls him away to look at something else. He is called to look away at the fulfillment of God's positive plans - the New Jerusalem.

We shouldn't think about damnation too much. We should turn our eyes away from the ultimate destruction of God's enemies and view t ...[text shortened]... f God bears the very appearance and gory of God Himself. God has mingled Himself with man.
    jaywill: gory of God Himself

Amen to that; just ask the Midianites.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree