1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 00:051 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]======================================

Jesús did not teach his followers to ignore the rules for capitalization of pronouns, nor to shut off their brains in science class. If his self-professed followers really got in line behind him, most of America's Republicans would be out of work.

==========================================

I think you we will stand before God. We need to be hidden in Christ as out acceptance and righteousness.[/b]
    Your God is really weird. "His righteous standard" is, of course, wholly arbitrary.

Why someone would believe in this convoluted fairy tale is a mystery to me; I suppose it's all based on fear of death along with wanting to conform your beliefs to your peer group and family. It's still odd though.

BTW, for clarification purposes: are you one of the fundies who believe that your "righteous" God eternally punishes in Hell those who don't accept Jesus Christ as their Savior or are you one of those fundies who believes God merely destroys you at Judgment Day if you don't meet his "righteous" standards.
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 01:18

Your entire life each day is recorded before God.
    Does she use Excel, Access, or some other software?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 02:221 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your God is really weird. "His righteous standard" is, of course, wholly arbitrary.

Why someone would believe in this convoluted fairy tale is a mystery to me; I suppose it's all based on fear of death along with wanting to conform your beliefs to your peer group and family. It's still odd though.

BTW, for clarificati s God merely destroys you at Judgment Day if you don't meet his "righteous" standards.
    ==================================
    =====================================

You may have philosophical problems with what exactly is righteous. But when you look at the life of Jesus can you point out any unrighteousness in His expression, words, and living? I can't. And His enemies could not.

So I feel we need to listen to Him.

Why someone would believe in this convoluted fairy tale is a mystery to me;

Are your sins also a convoluted fairy tale?

Ask some of the people you have wronged.

I suppose it's all based on fear of death along with wanting to conform your beliefs to your peer group and family. It's still odd though.

There are things which may be worse than death. For example and empty human life of one who has no idea where they came from or why they are here or what their destiny will be.

If I asked you these things you probably would excercise all your energy to evade a subject that you cannot answer. Without knowing the unsearchable love of God in Christ for one's being it is really hard to figure out why they exist.

Why are you alive? Why are you here?
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Does she use Excel, Access, or some other software?
    It's all there in full-color video on God's YouTube account.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 08:37
    There's a special place for people that put ketchup on fish and mayonnaise on hamburgers.
    Canada?

Hmm, mayonnaise.
  6. SEMO
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 11:58
    Don't forget the mustard, which by the way had a special place in the world of Jesús.
    It was not mustard, it was a mustard seed!😉

Mat 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
    Mat 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mat 17:14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
    Mat 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
    Mat 17:16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
    Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
    Mat 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
    Mat 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
    Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mar 4:26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
    Mar 4:27 And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
    Mar 4:28 For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
    Mar 4:29 But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.
    Mar 4:30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
    Mar 4:31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
    Mar 4:32 But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

Luk 13:18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
    Luk 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Luk 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
    Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 12:26
    [b]==================================

You may have philosophical problems with what exactly is righteous. But when you look at the life of Jesus can you point out any unrighteousness in His expression, words, and living? ...[text shortened]... it is really hard to figure out why they exist.

Why are you alive? Why are you here?[/b]
    I and you, don't know anything about Jesus' life. All you and I know is a few writings by people who most probably never met him. Even if those writings are accurate (and they don't even attempt to be definitive biographies), I see nothing more "righteous" in his life than in Buddha's or many other humans' lives.

My "sins" are, of course, besides the point. No "sin" that anybody supposedly commits in any way, shape or form supports the bizarre theology you believe in.

Many people are happier if they believe in a fairy tale rather than face the truth. You are one of them though your belief in a Monster God is still quite odd. You are arrogant in the extreme to think that your primitive religion is the only philosophy which can provide an answer to the questions "Why are you alive? Why are you here?" In fact, Christianity fails to answer even those questions in any meaningful way.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:121 edit
    I and you, don't know anything about Jesus' life. All you and I know is a few writings by people who most probably never met him. Even if those writings are accurate (and they don't even attempt to be definitive biographies), I see nothing more "righteous" in his life than in Buddha's or many other humans' lives.

My "sins" are, of course, b " In fact, Christianity fails to answer even those questions in any meaningful way.
    As I expected, you evaded the question with elequent excuses because you probably don't have a clue.

Without knowing the love of Jesus in a subjective way it is really hard to know why you are alive.

You need the heavenly Father.

Buddha said that the suffering of the world is an illusion. Or at least he said it is because the world itself is an illusion.

Jesus did not say that your suffering is an illusion. Jesus will come to you in your time of suffering. He is in a form in which He can enter into your spirit - "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit"
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:221 edit

My "sins" are, of course, b " In fact, Christianity fails to answer even those questions in any meaningful way.
    =================================
    Many people are happier if they believe in a fairy tale rather than face the truth.
    =================================

So what is the truth then ?

This is important to me. The Bible says that the judgment of God is according to truth.

So if I am going to be judged according to truth I need to know what it is. What is the truth if you know?

"But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth to those who practice such things." (Romans 2:2)

Is it the truth to dull my senses with temporary pleasures and bury my head in the sand like an ostrich? Then I would feel compelled to check now and then to see if any Christians are still around talking about the love of Christ and His death and resurrection to save me from my sins.

But they don't seem to go away. Are you just passing time hoping that you'll melt peacefully into dust ?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:391 edit
    As I expected, you evaded the question with elequent excuses because you probably don't have a clue.

Without knowing the love of Jesus in a subjective way it is really hard to know why you are alive.

You need the heavenly Father.

Buddha said that the suffering of the world is an illusion. Or at least he said it is because the world itself is an ...[text shortened]... m in which He can enter into your spirit - [b]"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit"
    [/b]
    Buddha said suffering is real so long as you don't understand that this world is an illusion. And he suggested techniques to come to that realization.

That's a lot more useful than saying your eternal goal is grovelling before a mythical Monster God.

Here's something that might help you understand (though I doubt you can get beyond the dogmas you have adopted so uncritically): http://buddhism.about.com/od/thefournobletruths/a/fournobletruths.htm
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:43
    Buddha said suffering is real so long as you don't understand that this world is an illusion. And he suggested techniques to come to that realization.

That's a lot more useful than saying your eternal goal is grovelling before a mythical Monster God.
    ================================
    =======================================

I think you are a bold face liar.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:44
    [b]================================
    =======================================

I think you are a bold face liar.[/b]
    How so?
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:45
    How so?
    Figure it out.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 13:57
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    It was not mustard, it was a mustard [b]seed!)

[/b]
    which, of course, has nothing whatsoever to do with the condiment that properly belongs on a hamburger, or with sour kraut on a dog.
  15. SEMO
    Moves
    23 Aug '08 14:011 edit

Here's something that might help you understand (though I doubt you can ge ...[text shortened]... opted so uncritically): http://buddhism.about.com/od/thefournobletruths/a/fournobletruths.htm
    Here the Buddha as physician prescribes the treatment for our illness: The Eightfold Path. Unlike in many other religions, in Buddhism there is no particular benefit to merely believing in a doctrine. Instead, the emphasis is on living the doctrine and walking the path.

The Lord as a physician prescribes the treatment for our illness: The narrow road. Not unlike buddhism, in Christianity there is no particular benefit to merely believing in a doctrine(the Devil believes ). Instead, the emphasis is on living the doctrine and walking the path.

The only difference here is WE can not do it on our own, we need the LORD to help guide us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree