1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:22
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    But after years of posting here you didn't think to ask Russ to reset it for you?
    Not only did I not think to do it, but again, I didn't care. I didn't care about my old record, my old games, my history, none of it. No agenda. Just wanted to play some chess. But then I was attracted to the forum and thought I would post some stuff. Found it extremely difficult to keep track, after years of using facebook to communicate with others. Remember me telling you all that? I was grilled for not remembering before, and I chalked it up to alzheimers, after which I was grilled for not being completely serious about having alzheimers. Remember?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:23
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I didn't care that I couldn't remember the old name. Of course, if you had a perfect memory you would remember this conversation from when I first returned. From the time I left until this recent time I returned, I change my email address multiple times and upgrade my computer at least 2 or 3 times. I lost everything and couldn't recall and just had the itch to get back to playing chess. Again--no biggie--or so I thought.
    It’s a biggie to those who can’t discuss substance and need to vent their hate and self loathing. Your return to the SF is just the latest excuse for that and a new bone for them to gnaw on.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:24
    I'm getting to the point where I think I'm ready to start paying for a membership again. Would the group suggest I reawaken my old name? I can do that and ditch this one. I just want to get along and get past this and get to some discussions. No biggie. Does anyone care? Some of you seem to, and I really don't. So I'm asking for your input.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:25
    You are lying.
    Remember when you claimed I was lying when I said I was never here under another account? How’d that work out?

Why are you so quick to accuse other people of lying?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:25
    Not only did I not think to do it, but again, I didn't care. I didn't care about my old record, my old games, my history, none of it. No agenda. Just wanted to play some chess. But then I was attracted to the forum and thought I would post some stuff. Found it extremely difficult to keep track, after years of using facebook to communicate with other ...[text shortened]... , after which I was grilled for not being completely serious about having alzheimers. Remember?
    Vaguely.

You aren't interesting other the lie of who you really are. Tomorrow no will care, in fact no one will care in couple of hours.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:26
    I'm getting to the point where I think I'm ready to start paying for a membership again. Would the group suggest I reawaken my old name? I can do that and ditch this one. I just want to get along and get past this and get to some discussions. No biggie. Does anyone care? Some of you seem to, and I really don't. So I'm asking for your input.
    No one cares mate.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:28
    No one cares mate.
    Says the guy who spent the last hour “not caring.”
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:30
    Vaguely.

You aren't interesting other the lie of who you really are. Tomorrow no will care, in fact no one will care in couple of hours.
    If you're being serious, you need help. Cynicism that runs that deep can't be healthy.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:321 edit
    If you're being serious, you need help. Cynicism that runs that deep can't be healthy.
    I need "help" because I find you an uninteresting dick who is pretending to be a previous poster who he wasn't in order to draw attention to himself...is that what you are saying?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:35
    I need a help because I find you an uninteresting dick who is pretending to be a previous poster who he wasn't in order to draw attention to himself...is that what you are saying?
    Wow. First you claim he’s a liar with no evidence and now, when he’s been nothing but polite in response, you call him “an uninteresting dick.” Hanging out with the atheists and being their fanboy has turned you into quite a hater.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 May '18 17:241 edit
    Funny how the lack of a moral compass doesn't swing the other way. Or at least near as often. By and large, children display selfish, deceitful behavior naturally without learning it from someone else.
    Why is that funny? A child is undeveloped. It's liking denigrating a green banana for not being yellow.

Edit: Green bananas are evil!!!
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 17:28
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Why is that funny? A child is undeveloped. It's liking denigrating a green banana for not being yellow.
    The word "funny" has an alternate meaning... "difficult to explain" or "strange."

The point was, the "undeveloped" child is rarely seen doing goodwill gestures. If it's just a matter of being "undeveloped" then we would observe random behaviors, both good and bad, in an even distribution.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 May '18 17:421 edit
    The word "funny" has an alternate meaning... "difficult to explain" or "strange."

The point was, the "undeveloped" child is rarely seen doing goodwill gestures. If it's just a matter of being "undeveloped" then we would observe random behaviors, both good and bad, in an even distribution.
    Humanity has evolved into the dominant species it is today due to its ability to cooperate and recognize the mutual benefit of 'social morality.' - You don't kill me, I won't kill you. You share that pig and I'll share this pineapple. - These are 'learned' attributes and social norms that are acquired as we mature and adapt. - A child merely behaves in a fashion where these social norms have not yet been acquired and their focus is on 'self.' It doesn't make them evil.

Edit: Obviously.
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 18:10
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Humanity has evolved into the dominant species it is today due to its ability to cooperate and recognize the mutual benefit of 'social morality.' - You don't kill me, I won't kill you. You share that pig and I'll share this pineapple. - These are 'learned' attributes and social norms that are acquired as we mature and adapt. - A child merely behaves ...[text shortened]... yet been acquired and their focus is on 'self.' It doesn't make them evil.

Edit: Obviously.
    Being selfish, lying, manipulating, even stealing. These are normal, natural behaviors for young children. These are expressions of who they naturally are - without anyone having to teach them. selfishness, deceitfulness, stealing, these are sinful behaviors and such is expected if the bible is correct and we are born in sin. To the believer, evil is sin and sin is evil; evil isn't confined to extreme acts like murder or rape.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 May '18 18:42
    Being selfish, lying, manipulating, even stealing. These are normal, natural behaviors for young children. These are expressions of who they naturally are - without anyone having to teach them. selfishness, deceitfulness, stealing, these are sinful behaviors and such is expected if the bible is correct and we are born in sin. To the believer, evil is sin and sin is evil; evil isn't confined to extreme acts like murder or rape.
    Outside of religion, children are just children.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree