1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 05:18
    G-Man look at your groups history.....anyway just because a person leaves the J-Dubs does not mean they have to give up their faith in God. God is bigger than the J-Dubs is all I wish you guys could acknowledge

Manny
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 13:33
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    You failed to answer either of my questions. How about answering them?

[b]If one does not want to be a JW you simply just leave.

No. And it is disingenuous on your part to state that. One does not simply leave, end of story. One can leave (disassociate), but of course that carries with it the same sort of stigmatic consequences as disfellows ...[text shortened]... onceive of instances where a member may choose to disassociate for valid, justified reasons?[/b]
    I still have not heard any suggestions or ideas on how one would leave "honorably" in your opinions?
    Please explain what that would be in your eyes then perhaps I can come up with an answer that would make it acceptable to you? Is this what you want?

As I see it not only here in this thread but in others along these same lines, is someone ask a question, then I answer with the best knowledge that I have on it, and then you or someone else says it's not the right answer or that I'm sidestepping or dodging it.
    This is confusing is it not?
    Just because I don't give the answer YOU prefer or want to hear, that makes it a wrong answer?
    Come on.... If we asked someone a question and only got the answers we wanted to hear, well what good is that going to do?

So let me know what to do and if you don't want to hear my answers, I'll start to just make things up.
    But if you want the answers I have and to discuss them farther, let me know...
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I still have not heard any suggestions or ideas on how one would leave "honorably" in your opinions?
    As an example, can robbie corrobie's kids still play with Mark Hunter's kids?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 14:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    G-Man look at your groups history.....anyway just because a person leaves the J-Dubs does not mean they have to give up their faith in God. God is bigger than the J-Dubs is all I wish you guys could acknowledge

Manny
    Manny lets look at all religions history and then should we start to compare? Really?

I would think on the point of the ""Bible"" demanding to keep the congregations clean and to "remove the wicked ones from among you" and "to not even sit down with them to have a meal" has completely been watered down and not only pushed out of mind but it even has gone to the other extreem in religious settings as in other churches not inforcing these demands from God at all and pretty much letting anyone in the front doors.
    As long as they have a body sitting in their churches to put $$$$$ in the collection plates, anything goes it what a persons life style is. It doesn't matter anymore and that is the complete opposite of what the Bible clearly explains and demands in the way HIS congregations are to be kept clean.
    The morals of the Bible are almost completely forgotten and not many, if at all, take them seriously anymore.

Well......we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you can condemn and say what you want on the subject of ones being disfellowshipped and the association with them either stopped or limited.
    I'm sad that the simple black and white writtings in the Bible are blurry to you all and more importantly that your religious leaders have lost sight and understandings of those DEMANDS set out in the Bible.

And yes a person can worship their God anyway they see fit. But if they want to be a JW they must do as the Bible says and live by it's clear guidelines. If they decide not to, then we follow the orders from the bible and do exactly what it says to do and if that means to remove them because of conduct that is not acceptable by God's guidelines he has had written in YOUR bible, they will be removed from the congregation.

If you or others condemn us for that, so be it. But you are in fact condemning God himself for those steps. Think on that.............
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 14:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    As an example, can robbie corrobie's kids still play with Mark Hunter's kids?
    So who is dodging the question now? If you can't answer please say so and I'll clearly know where this is heading and not waist my time with you........
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 14:23
    So who is dodging the question now?
    You asked "I still have not heard any suggestions or ideas on how one would leave "honorably" in your opinions?"

So as an illustration of what to "leave honorably" could perhaps mean, I asked you the real-life-real-people question: "Can robbie corrobie's kids still play with Mark Hunter's kids?"

I am not "dodging" anything. I am engaging you head on. Don't you realize?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 14:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    You asked "I still have not heard any suggestions or ideas on how one would leave "honorably" in your opinions?"

So as an illustration of what to "leave honorably" could perhaps mean, I asked you the real-life-real-people question: "Can robbie corrobie's kids still play with Mark Hunter's kids?"

I am not "dodging" anything. I am engaging you head on. Don't you realize?
    Alright then..who is this Mark Hunter?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 17:581 edit
    Please explain what that would be in your eyes then perhaps I can come up with an answer that would make it acceptable to you? Is this what you want?

As I see it not only here in this thread but in others along these same lines, is someone ask a qu ings up.
    But if you want the answers I have and to discuss them farther, let me know...
    I see that you still have not answered either of my questions.

Well, golly, how about they disassociate BUT they don't automatically get shunned or held in disrepute, depending on the actual circumstances of, and reasons for, their decision to disassociate. I mean, is this really so hard to figure out? I take it as uncontentious that there could be valid, justified reasons for disassociating (despite your obvious failure to even consider that possibility); so, clearly, disassociation does not warrant your shunning practices in, at minimum, such cases. Make sense?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 18:01
    Alright then..who is this Mark Hunter?
    Mark Hunter is a person who was a false brother, an Elder who turned apostate and who started bitchin against the brothers. As to his irrelevant question, yes they play at the skate park.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 18:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Mark Hunter is a person who was a false brother, an Elder who turned apostate and who started bitchin against the brothers. As to his irrelevant question, yes they play at the skate park.
    And you are so angry and contemptuous of him that you claim you would leave this web site if he so much as tried to contact you... and your children play with his children in the park? What do your children think of your behaviour?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 20:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    And you are so angry and contemptuous of him that you claim you would leave this web site if he so much as tried to contact you... and your children play with his children in the park? What do your children think of your behaviour?
    Lol. This is so silly dude. His kids are not the ones who sinned against Jehovah and turned their backs on him. Do you guys ever actually think these things out at all or just spout out the first utterances that come from your mind?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 20:11
    Lol. This is so silly dude. His kids are not the ones who sinned against Jehovah and turned their backs on him. Do you guys ever actually think these things out at all or just spout out the first utterances that come from your mind?
    Angry and contemptuous, nope, I feel sad for him.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 20:11
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    I see that you still have not answered either of my questions.

[b]I still have not heard any suggestions or ideas on how one would leave "honorably" in your opinions?

Well, golly, how about they disassociate BUT they don't automatically get shunned or held in disrepute, depending on the actual circumstances of, and reasons for, their deci ...[text shortened]... association does not warrant your shunning practices in, at minimum, such cases. Make sense?[/b]
    Oh yes I did. As I said your'e not comprehending what I said.

Again just because you get an answer you don't get or don't agree with, in your mind it's wrong? Really?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 20:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Angry and contemptuous, nope, I feel sad for him.
    Maybe these guys might really want the answers, who knows, but when we give our answers even with scriptures, it's never what they want to hear and as a result we get acccused of dodging them when we are not at all.
    Oh well....all we can do is try.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 20:241 edit
    His kids are not the ones who sinned against Jehovah and turned their backs on him.
    Why is leaving your organisation deemed to be "turning your back on Jehovah"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree