Help for JW cult members.

Help for JW cult members.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
12 Feb 13

Who want to leave their cult, get out of their intellectual slavery, and get their life back. Although the JW cult provides no means for honorably leaving; and although they practice shunning, etc; there is hope for you. Clearly persons have been able to do so in the past. Brenda Lee is a good example.

Here is a website that can offer some help tips to get you on the road to getting your life back.

http://www.wikihow.com/Leave-Jehovah's-Witnesses

More info for ex-JWs:

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/endorsed-websites.html

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Feb 13

Originally posted by LemonJello
Who want to leave their cult, get out of their intellectual slavery, and get their life back. Although the JW cult provides no means for honorably leaving; and although they practice shunning, etc; there is hope for you. Clearly persons have been able to do so in the past. Brenda Lee is a good example.

Here is a website that can offer some help ti ...[text shortened]... esses

More info for ex-JWs:

They first need help to understand they are in a mind-control cult that is deceiving them from knowing the truth. Once people has been indoctrinated into one of these type of cults and accepts it as true, it becomes extremely difficult to convince them that they have been lied to. Those cult members have no desire to leave the mind-control cult as long as they believe they are being taught the truth.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Feb 13

Lol. This just keeps getting better and better.

I just wonder how we "JW's" manage to get sooooo much fanfair here if we indeed do not come across as being different and ones that Jesus said would not be loved by the world and what is not it's own?
Sure you all claim that it is not persecution or even a form of it, and no it's not the kind that would see us tortured or drug down the street by a rope from the back of a pick up or even just stood up in school class and laughed at because of your stand for not saluting the idolistic flags of your beloved countries.
It may not be that bad but at what point is it not persecution or taunting or even harrasment?

Moves
12 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75

I just wonder how we "JW's" manage to get sooooo much fanfair here if we indeed do not come across as being different and ones that Jesus said would not be loved by the world and what is not it's own?
Sure you all claim that it is not persecution or even a form of it, and no it's not the kind that ...[text shortened]... may not be that bad but at what point is it not persecution or taunting or even harrasment?
Wake up Galveston.

Anyone who is in an organisation who claims to be "the sole holders of gods truth on earth" is going to get some stick; the fact that you and carrobie are the only 'cult' members in this forum makes you prime target. If there were regular Scientologists or Mormons here it would be the same for them if not more so.

Try to understand that no one cares that you think you are special.

At all.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Feb 13
1 edit

Sure you all claim that it is not persecution or even a form of it, and no it's not the kind that ...[text shortened]... may not be that bad but at what point is it not persecution or taunting or even harrasment?
I understand that you are trying to be a good person and that you are doing a better job of it than most people. But you are being deceived by an organization that is attempting to control your mind and your actions. They are the source for what you must do to be a good JW.

It is evil for this organization to have so much control over your mind that you would allow family members to die because you want allow medical people to give them blood transfusions. It is Satan the devil that wants to destroy lives. Christ wants to save lives.

If I hated you, why would I bother with you at all? I would just leave you alone and let you continue to believe the lies. I don't hate the evil-lutionists either. I only make fun of them in an attempt to wake them up to the stupidity of the theory of evil-lution.

L

Moves
12 Feb 13

Here's a serious question for you, galveston75.

Why are there no means in place or available through which a member of your organization can honorably choose to leave said organization (why is there no "dignified resignation process" )? Are you under the impression that there could be no valid, justified reasons for choosing to leave?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Feb 13

Here's a serious question for you, galveston75.

Why are there no means in place or available through which a member of your organization can honorably choose to leave said organization (why is there no "dignified resignation process" )? Are you under the impression that there could be no valid, justified reasons for choosing to leave?
I have no idea what you are referring to about an honorable way of "leaving". If one does not want to be a JW you simply just leave.
But if that person did make a public decleration by water baptism just as Jesus did as well as his followers and no longer wants to be a JW or a follower of Jesus , then a public decleration has to be made, if possible, in writing that is the fact of their decision.
One makes it public they wany to be a JW, then it has to be made public that they no longer want to be a JW. If they do this they can go on their merry way and do whatever the please.
If they do not give a letter of leaving, then they are still a JW because of their public decleration in the eyes of all they once made. So if they do anything that is something condemned in the Bible and that could merit being disfellowshipped, they probably will be.
Any idea at all why this is done? No of course you don't.
It is simply to protect the name of our God Jehovah and to not bring any reproach on him.
We love him dearly and try all we as imperfect humans can to not defame him or his organization.
So why in the world is that such a hard thing for you or the others here to understand?
Is something like this so uncommon even in a club setting or some organization that wants to protect it's standings in front of onlookers?
Of course not.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Feb 13

Here is a website that can offer some help ti ...[text shortened]... esses

More info for ex-JWs:

If one feels their life has been "taken away" then by all means "leave".

F

Moves
13 Feb 13
1 edit

If one feels their life has been "taken away" then by all means "leave".
I think LemonJello understands that they can leave. Nobody is suggesting that they can't. LemonJello's key question to you, which you have not answered, was 'Why is there no "dignified resignation process"'?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
I think LemonJello understands that they can leave. Nobody is suggesting that they can't. LemonJello's key question to you, which you have not answered, was 'Why is there no "dignified resignation process"'?
Ok, explain "dignified'? What would make all of you happy?

F

Moves
13 Feb 13

Ok, explain "dignified'? What would make all of you happy?
Why didn't you ask LemonJello that rather than just sidestepping it?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
Why didn't you ask LemonJello that rather than just sidestepping it?
I answered him. I can't help it if he nor you understand it.
So now answer my question to you...

F

Moves
13 Feb 13

I answered him. I can't help it if he nor you understand it.
He asked you "Why is there no dignified resignation process?" So far you have sidestepped it.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Feb 13

There is always hope.....

Manny

L

Moves
13 Feb 13
1 edit

I have no idea what you are referring to about an honorable way of "leaving". If one does not want to be a JW you simply just leave.
But if that person did make a public decleration by water baptism just as Jesus did as well as his followers and no longer wants to be a JW or a follower of Jesus , then a public decleration has to be made, if possible, i me organization that wants to protect it's standings in front of onlookers?
Of course not.
You failed to answer either of my questions. How about answering them?

If one does not want to be a JW you simply just leave.

No. And it is disingenuous on your part to state that. One does not simply leave, end of story. One can leave (disassociate), but of course that carries with it the same sort of stigmatic consequences as disfellowshipping, including shunning practices and being held in disrepute by the members of the organization as a matter of organizational directive. In another thread, robbie attempted to justify these organizational practices against the disassociated (or the disfellowshipped) and basically referred to such persons blanketly as "unrepentant wrongdoers".

If they do this they can go on their merry way and do whatever the please.

Are you smoking something? Being shunned and being held in disrepute for disassociating, regardless of what reasons you may have for doing so, hardly equates to "going on your merry way". So how about addressing the actual issue: your organization provides absolutely no means for a member to disassociate honorably, and that is completely regardless of what reasons the person may have for disassociating. Hence, the follow up question: can you conceive of instances where a member may choose to disassociate for valid, justified reasons?