Helps on Reading the Bible

Helps on Reading the Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Apr 17
4 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Look sonship, I know I pointed out that you plagiarise other people's ministry in here but I've done that to other people, it's not just you. I've suspected for a long time that you do this "reworking" or whatever it was you called it. The point is you should recognise the original minister even if you are reworking it. It's poor forum sonship and dishonest.
You did not give a concrete example. So the dishonesty is with you.

So I repeat some things another man said, so what?
Didn't the Son of God also repeat the same thing John the Baptist preached?

Compare:

" Now in those days John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the wilderness of Judea. and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near." (Matt. 3:1,2)

And the One to whom John was a forerunner, Jesus Christ, repeated the same words.

" From that time Jesus began to proclaim and to say, Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near." (Matt. 4:17)

It is no shame for servants of God to follow one another.
Am I trying to establish my own turf or sell material as my own?

How many times have you read my pastes from www.ministrybooks.org ?
Maybe you have witnessed them 50 times over the last six or so years ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Apr 17
3 edits

Now if I wanted to pretend that everything I write here has never been written before why would I indicate to others exactly where they can go and read such things?

You're grasping at faults to find. My conscience is clear.

Why would I mention the names of other people to back up what I conveyed if I wanted to pretend that everything I have written here is my original prose ? Answer me that question rather than repeat your empty charge.

Why would I mention the names of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee to the annoyance of some readers IF I wished to put forth the pretension of completely original ways of expressing things ?

So Jesus repeated without fear the very words of John the Baptist.
And Jesus also referred to John himself.

YOU assume that all who repeat phraseology of others are wanting to pretend to be original. Silly man. Silly silly man.

Go learn what this means. Paul to Timothy.

" If you lay these things before the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, being nourished up with the words of the faith and of the good teaching which you have closely followed." (1 Tim. 4:6)

1.) Timothy "closely followed" the Apostle Paul's teaching.

2.) Paul encouraged Timothy to "lay these things before the brothers". That means to not keep it to himself alone. Timothy should take what has been ministered and repeat it for the sake of other Christian brothers.

Silly and clueless grumbler.

3.) By laying these teachings from Paul before the other brothers. Timothy would be a "good minister of Christ Jesus".

While you accuse me of plagiarism I rather endevour only to be "a good minister of Christ Jesus" being nourished up with "the words of faith" from the New Testament and from experienced teachers like Watchman Nee and Witness Lee.

Do I not many times place in quoting blocks confirming words from ministry books WITH a link to those books ?

If I don't live by these healthy words, then rebuke me. My joy is to LIVE according to these visions and speak them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Apr 17
3 edits

Dive,

Let me save you some grief and time. Don't bother trying to get me to feel like a vain copycat of others. It is quite good to be a co-laboring and co-working junior speaker of what God has given to His people through faithful men.

If I speak something against the Bible then rebuke me or correct me.
If what I write is according to the Bible, who cares if a number of us are repeating someone else?

Paul instructed the church in Corinth to all speak the same thing.

" Now I beseech you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be attuned in the same mind and in the same opinion." (1 Cor. 1:10)

This is not a legal plea for forced conformity. This is genuine oneness from all experiencing the same rich Christ and phrasing many of the truths in words which all the saints in the church under Paul's ministry shared in common.

This is freedom within form.
This is unity without conformity.
Everyone here knows that pretty much that I learned much from Watchman Nee.

Listen, keep complaining. It allows me to do even more free advertising for the great books by Nee and Lee. The more you pout about me repeating them the more some seekers will say to themselves - "Well who are these people being referred to? Maybe I should go see what these messages are all about."

So thanks Dive for the incentive to encourage all the more that these servants' ministries be explored to learn these things.

But before the Lord Jesus I write that no message and no book is as important as THE BIBLE ITSELF. Thus this thread about reading the BIBLE. Many servants of God help us to get into the riches of the Bible. But FIRST we really have to read the Bible for the rest of our lives.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Apr 17

A word from Brother Witness Lee on "A good minister of Christ Jesus" who labors to serve people with Christ.

&t=686s

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
As a Christian I offer what I believe are very useful helps in deriving great benefit from reading the Bible.

My purpose is to help some people by encouragment as to how to derive life long spiritual benefit from reading this wonderful book - [b]the Bible

The sixty six books from Genesis to Revelation is what I refer to as "the Bible".[/b]
There is no virtue in reading the Bible the way you describe. There is virtue in doing and following what Jesus said that needs to be done to get into the Kingdom of God. Any 5 yr old can read that in on hour and tell you what that is.

The Word of God, which is Jesus Christ, along with his Apostles, condemn all those who practice hypocritical mouth worship which is what you continually preach and foolishly support.

Doers are just before God, not talkers, not Bible readers, not Bible interpreters, not Bible scholars... DOERS.

According to James you continue to deceive yourself, and some other poor gullible people.

T

Moves
07 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
There is no virtue in reading the Bible the way you describe. There is virtue in doing and following what Jesus said that needs to be done to get into the Kingdom of God. Any 5 yr old can read that in on hour and tell you what that is.

The Word of God, which is Jesus Christ, along with his Apostles, condemn all those who practice hypocritical mouth worshi ...[text shortened]... RS.

According to James you continue to deceive yourself, and some other poor gullible people.
Are you claiming that a 5-year-old can answer the following correctly?

Matthew 21
28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29“And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went. 30“The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he did not go. 31“Which of the two did the will of his father?”

How do people not understand the point of the above?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Are you claiming that a 5-year-old can answer the following correctly?

Matthew 21
28“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go work today in the vineyard.’ 29“And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he regretted it and went. 30“The man came to the second and said the same thing; and he answered, ‘I wil ...[text shortened]... of the two did the will of his father?”

Nice one. How come Christians cannot? I have a 4 old that can interpret that passage.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
How do people assume that "people do not understand the point of the above"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Nice one. How come Christians cannot? I have a 4 old that can interpret that passage.
Who said that Christians cannot?

Oh, yeah... you did.

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

F

Moves
08 Apr 17

ThinkOfOne: How do people not understand the point of [Matthew 21:28-31]?

Originally posted by Suzianne
How do people assume that "people do not understand the point of the above"?
What is your understanding of Matthew 21:28-31?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
08 Apr 17

The bible. Most printed, least read. Thank god for miracles.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by apathist
The bible. Most printed, least read. Thank god for miracles.
Now to some confirming passages on reading the Bible -

It is good to store up the word of God in one's heart to be given grace to overcome many negative things in our behavior.

" In my heart I have treasured up Your word that I might not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11 RcV)

It is good to muse on the Bible's words in the moment of temptation. But for that you have to read it so that you can recall it at the time of need.

While Jesus was in the wilderness fasting and praying for 40 days and 40 nights, He mediated, mused, and enjoyed the word of the Hebrew Bible. When the tempter came to Him He rebuked him with the Bible's words.

" And the tempter came and said to Him, If You are the Son of God, speak that these stones may become loaves of bread.

But He answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out through the mouth of God." (Matt. 3:3,4)

But you have to read the word of God to learn to feed your innermost spiritual being with it to live by it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 17

What I said about reading three chapters of Old Testament and one chapter of New Testament a day, may not be suitable for some people. It is a good way to read through the whole Bible in one year.

But this can become mechanical. And some people just do not have the capacity yet for three chapters. So one cannot worry about how long it takes to read through the Bible.

But it is still good for most to balance an Old Testament chapter with a New Testament chapter.

One should not gorge himself or stuff himself with reading overmuch in one setting.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 17

It is good to read the Bible every day a little. It is not too good to read one day and then go several days without reading. It is better to read a little bit daily as a habit.

You measure out a short manageable portion to read each day. Don't sit down and try to read 20 chapters as a regular practice.

When your capacity enlarges you may go from one chapter to two chapters a day each - Old Testament - New Testament.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
It is good to read the Bible every day a little. It is not too good to read one day and then go several days without reading. It is better to read a little bit daily as a habit.

You measure out a short manageable portion to read each day. Don't sit down and try to read 20 chapters as a regular practice.

When your capacity enlarges you may go from one chapter to two chapters a day each - Old Testament - New Testament.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall .. live by .. every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4 KJV)

To LIVE BY the word of God, means to OBEY. It means TO DO.

Failure to obey and do what the word of God says means eternal death.