1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 23:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall .. live by .. every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4 KJV)

To LIVE BY the word of God, means to OBEY. It means TO DO.

Failure to obey and do what the word of God says means eternal death.
    Hypocrite!
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 23:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is your understanding of Matthew 21:28-31?
    The same as for anyone reading it. I do understand English, you know.

But when I say "the same as for anyone reading it", I meant those who read it without an agenda.

What you fail to notice is that the person who usually puts this passage up is someone who believes that all Christians are like the second son, when nothing is further from the truth. What he fails to see is that fulfilling good works comes from the Holy Spirit. It is a RESULT of salvation, not a CAUSE. But he's sooo busy calling out ALL Christians for this imagined behavior that he doesn't notice that he fails to obey God himself.

He marches on incessantly in this forum like a good little "Christian soldier" with a staff of "righteousness" that is really a testament to his own failing.

But I am not sure why I bother explaining myself to you. You'll just twist some more, because after all, you cannot allow me to appear "correct" ever.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 23:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What [Rajk999] fails to see is that fulfilling good works comes from the Holy Spirit. It is a RESULT of salvation, not a CAUSE. But he's sooo busy calling out ALL Christians for this imagined behavior that he doesn't notice that he fails to obey God himself.
    Do you believe a Christian can attain "salvation" even without doing good works?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 06:273 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Let me save you some grief and time. Don't bother trying to get me to feel like a vain copycat of others. It is quite good to be a co-laboring and co-working junior speaker of what God has given to His people through faithful men.
    Yes I disagree with much of your doctrine and teaching which is one thing and I find it difficult to stomach your pouting pompousness when you get challenged. But what caps it off is that you should credit the originators of the messages and ministries which you are presenting here as your own insights. You can lather it up with platitudes about the message begin more important that the owner, but this is just you burying your conscience. You have been presenting the ministries and spiritual insights of others and passing them off as your own for years.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 06:33
    Some of the old bibles, the paper is good for rolling a joint. Twisting a number.

New bibles provide acceptable toilet paper.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 06:37
    Originally posted by apathist
    Some of the old bibles, the paper is good for rolling a joint. Twisting a number.

Is it something you actually want to discuss with a mixed bunch of Christians and non-Christians? Or is it your frame of mind [which made you post this kind of thing] that you want to discuss?
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 07:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is it something you actually want to discuss with a mixed bunch of Christians and non-Christians? Or is it your frame of mind [which made you post this kind of thing] that you want to discuss?
    There is something on my mind.

If the Christian God is true, I find it unworthy of worship.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 07:20
    We should stop pretending otherwise.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 07:24
    There is something on my mind.

If the Christian God is true, I find it unworthy of worship.
    And talking about using the Bible as toilet paper is... what? You geeing yourself up in some way?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 07:32
    We should stop pretending otherwise.
    It is possible to be apathetic sir without being disrespectful.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 07:44
    Points taken. I overplayed. I am sorry and i apologize. There is value in the Bible and value in Christians of course. No one should be mocked. I ask forgiveness and then I shut up.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:372 edits

13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 10:38
    Points taken. I overplayed. I am sorry and i apologize. There is value in the Bible and value in Christians of course. No one should be mocked. I ask forgiveness and then I shut up.
    Thank you
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 11:05
    If you start the day, early in the morning before all other matters clamor for your attention, to read the Bible, this can be life transforming.

This is not a legal matter but a good suggestion based on the experience of many.

All kinds of things demand your attention. All kinds of legitimate responsibilities need to be heeded. God will honor you giving the first part of your day to reading His word. A short session of reading a chapter of a book as a first transaction of your day, God will honor.

Always come to the Bible expecting to simultaneously come to the living God. You should not just come being "spiritual". You should come with your heart turned towards Christ and with a willingness to be spoken to by Christ and even changed in your being by Christ.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '17 11:091 edit
    apathist, I am skimming over posts which I ascertain will be too offensive. But I forgive you.

I can forgive because God has so forgiven me so very much. I mocked Christians in my senior year in highschool in my English class. The teacher was reading the words to the Hymn "Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb".

I mocked while all the other students seem to remain silent. Latter in life I found out how wonderful it was to be washed in the blood of Jesus from all my sins. And it was no longer a joke to me.

Anyway, you're forgiven by me at least.
    Now, reading the holy Bible is good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree