1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 17:47
    http://phys.org/news/2012-04-tennessee-door-creationism-schools.html

That of course opens the door to other backwards looking states to do the same.

Creationism taught in a science class. They should be ashamed. Note the words the Governor said, using the words we won't allow religious or non-religious based studies to take over, something like that. A dark day in the US.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 17:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Creationism taught in a science class. They should be ashamed. Note the words the Governor said, using the words we won't allow religious or non-religious based studies to take over, something like that. A dark day in the US.
    oh dear, that's bitter, tell the forum are they looking at the same scientific data or
    constructing their own data? If its the same, then you cannot cry for creationists have
    been subject to irrational materialistic philosophy for years.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 17:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh dear, that's bitter, tell the forum are they looking at the same scientific data or
    constructing their own data? If its the same, then you cannot cry for creationists have
    What would you know Mr 'closed minded and ignorant', you don't even have the balls to look at the other side.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What would you know Mr 'closed minded and ignorant', you don't even have the balls to look at the other side.
    Haha, if only they had taught creationism when i was at school, I would have loved it! So would you!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 18:00
    SUBJECT? REALLY? You maybe forget a few years before that people got burned at the stake for disagreeing with christian dogma?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 18:02
    SUBJECT? REALLY? You maybe forget a few years before that people got burned at the stake for disagreeing with christian dogma?
    No they got burned for disagreeing with religious dogma, you are confusing the two.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 18:07
    Haha, if only they had taught creationism when i was at school, I would have loved it! So would you!
    I grew out of fairytales a long time ago.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 18:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I grew out of fairytales a long time ago.
    It's not even a good fairy tale. They usually have nice endings.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 18:27
    No they got burned for disagreeing with religious dogma, you are confusing the two.
    Pardon me, I meant Paulism dogma.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 19:231 edit

The reference you link has the following statement:

The measure allows teachers to "help students understand, analyze, critique
    and review in an objective manner the scientific strengths and scientific
    weaknesses of existing scientific theories covered in the course being taught."

This seems like a great day for helping sudents really learn science objectively,
    rather than have one point of view pushed on them. Maybe they will now be
    taught the truth about the point of the scientific method. A great day in teaching
    scientific understanding to students in America! HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 20:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The reference you link has the following statement:

The measure allows teachers to "help students understand, analyze, critique
    and review in an objective manner the scientific strengths and scientific
    weaknesses of existing scientific theories covered in the course being taught."

This seems like a great day for helping sudents really learn science ...[text shortened]... eaching
    scientific understanding to students in America! HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
    Some truth, believe a faith based fairy tale or 150 years of generations of scientists working with actual fossils. Like I said, it's a sad day for the USA. What's next? Roe V Wade revoked. Let's all hop on board for the 19th century express. Things were SO much better 2 centuries ago.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 20:29
    Pardon me, I meant Paulism dogma.
    you have failed to answer the question, do they or do they not use the same scientific
    data?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 20:34
    If only they had taught science when you were in school.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 22:23

Maybe we need to start debating these people. The article says 4 in 10 Americans believe in a 10K year old earth.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 01:15
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Maybe we need to start debating these people. The article says 4 in 10 Americans believe in a 10K year old earth.
    That is because there is a lot of evidence to support it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree