1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 15:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    note: the Mosaic Law was only applicable to the ancient Hebrews, Christians are
    different, like Muslims and Hindus, or Sikhs and Buddhists. Christians are not Jews.
    If the Mosaic Law was not in accordance with the wishes of, or not inspired by, the "God" that Christians worship, why isn't it just tossed out of the Christian bible?
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 16:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Here is the actual statement AGAIN which in your inability to comprehend a simple
    statement you yourself are producing more straw than the first little pig and he
    managed to build an entire house

that its permissible for a Christian to burn people at the stake!

Please note the term, Christian, it may prove helpful to you, but I dont hold ou ...[text shortened]... ians are
    different, like Muslims and Hindus, or Sikhs and Buddhists. Christians are not Jews.
    This sounds a little like a 'no true scotsman' argument to me, however I think you do have a point that the old testament Mosaic law is replaced in the new testament. This does of course beg the question of why the Christian Bible includes the Old Testament within it. It is an open invitation for people to read those bits and apply them, forgetting that those instructions have been annulled.

However, this is all still arguing over your straw man. The original point was that people have been burned at the stake for criticising Christian dogma. Whether Christian dogma supports such acts is irrelevant.

--- Penguin.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 16:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    If the Mosaic Law was not in accordance with the wishes of, or not inspired by, the "God" that Christians worship, why isn't it just tossed out of the Christian bible?
    because its a type
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 17:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    They don't want the OT to completely go away. They like the 10 commandments, the tithing requirement, and the condemnation of homosexuality as an 'abomination'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree