1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 01:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because there is a lot of evidence to support it.
    No, it's the same 40% of Americans that have been unlucky enough to be born in families who think their fairytale is real and brainwash their children from birth to believe in Santa Claus.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:18
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    No, it's the same 40% of Americans that have been unlucky enough to be born in families who think their fairytale is real and brainwash their children from birth to believe in Santa Claus.
    Is it your sudden discovery tha Santa Claus was just a way to have fun that
    turned you away from the truth of Christ because of your association between
    the two? Don't you enjoy having fun?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:271 edit
    It's too late for you. We need to debate 'em when they're younger and still persuadable. 😏
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 03:34
    Ba-dum-tish!!! (But seriously folks....)
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 06:04
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Maybe we need to start debating these people. The article says 4 in 10 Americans believe in a 10K year old earth.
    Americans are notoriously uneducated. I believe that 4 in 10 Americans also can't find the US on world map. I think it is a flaw in the education system that allows students to specialize too early and avoid the sciences altogether.
    In Zambia, we have the opposite problem, everyone is educated on the assumption that they will be going to University even though less than 1% actually will.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 06:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Americans are notoriously uneducated. I believe that 4 in 10 Americans also can't find the US on world map. I think it is a flaw in the education system that allows students to specialize too early and avoid the sciences altogether.
    In Zambia, we have the opposite problem, everyone is educated on the assumption that they will be going to University even though less than 1% actually will.
    I think our education system sucks because we have made it into a totally passive experience for the students. Forget this notion of specializing too early - we can't even get that far with our kids because we're boring them to death. We're fortunate if they're literate after graduating high school.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 06:45
    I think our education system sucks because we have made it into a totally passive experience for the students. Forget this notion of specializing too early - we can't even get that far with our kids because we're boring them to death. We're fortunate if they're literate after graduating high school.
    Don' you have magnet schools for the gifted students in your area?
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 07:33
    Don' you have magnet schools for the gifted students in your area?
    Yes.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 07:44
    Yes.
    Well, what are you complaining about then?
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 08:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No they got burned for disagreeing with religious dogma, you are confusing the two.
    No I am pretty sure it was specifically christian dogma, what stake type burning's are you referring to?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 08:25
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    No I am pretty sure it was specifically christian dogma, what stake type burning's are you referring to?
    Calvin burned a man at the stake, Michael Servetus for publishing a pamphlet on the
    errors of the trinity (De trinitatis erroribus) which he held was a non Biblical teaching,
    Tyndale was also executed for his opposition to the church and no doubt there are
    many others.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 08:29
    Well, what are you complaining about then?
    I'd like to see some improvement for the non-gifted too!
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 10:441 edit
    Haha, if only they had taught creationism when i was at school, I would have loved it! So would you!
    in my school they did teach it

it was called religious education, and it was treated as such. not to mention it was an optional class, anyone could choose not to take it. in biology we learned facts, meaning evolution.

this situation would be similar to med school students learning how a patient could be healed by sacrificing a chikin in a voodoo ritual.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 12:38
    you have failed to answer the question, do they or do they not use the same scientific
    data?
    They don't use anything yet, that is to be determined, the law was just passed a few days ago, nothing has actually been implemented as of today. I assume that will all start next semester, come September.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 12:493 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But in the US they want voters to vote for people like "W" and Obama and fiscal insanity, so it would stand to reason that education would be their mortal enemy. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree